Cynomel and Cynoplus caused bleeding in my intestines [similar to doxycycline] - INGREDIENTS?

doxy thread: Doxycycline impairs oxidative metabolism and causes eczema and bad skin

So, I've been using 1/4 Cynoplus for 16 days with no issues. On the 17th day I've increased my dosage to 2x 1/4 and experienced same problems like when I used doxy [Redness, flakiness, itchiness of the skin And also very dry/itchy and hardening of the scalp.] + two new symptoms [ Blood in my stool and chest problems].

After that I've contacted Ray - Who told me that maybe I overdosed on the T4 and overburdened my liver since it could be in a bad state and I should focus only on T3 [ Cynomel]. After that I've used cynomel[ 1/4, 2x] and for the next 12 days I've still had bleeding and continuously worsening diarrhea. I've kept reducing my dose until I came to 1/8 cynomel a day and some problems went away but most of them linger on. Skin is getting worse. Hardening of the scalp, eczema, dandruff, chest problems [tingling inside my chest, forcing me to cough]

I'm a crohn's sufferer and I guess I'm very sensitive to the ingredients of the drugs. I had to chuck away many of my supplements since I've experienced some discomfort. [Mostly supplement containing silica, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide etc.]

I've started using thyroid because of my ear problems. [Hearing loss, pressure in my ears and clogged ears]. After using thyroid I didn't have problems with clogged ears and pressure - which is amazing but my intestine and therefore my whole body is suffering. Bad outweigh the good for sure.

So does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Does anyone have full ingredients of Cynoplus and Cynomel. I'm pretty sure it could be some of the ingredients in the drug that is causing all of my intestine problems - increasing my bleeding, inflammation - and therefore serotonin which probably creates all of these skin issues.

Last edited:
I doubt it's what you say it is. I think perhaps thyroid aggravated your symptoms. Have you considered trying some cyproheptadine?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I doubt it's what you say it is. I think perhaps thyroid aggravated your symptoms. Have you considered trying some cyproheptadine?
I have but I don't have money for everything this month and since I'm low on VIT D that has to be my priority as well as some expensive good quality olive oil which I ordered, Why do you think Cipro would help specifically and why would you exclude my reasoning?

If anything thyroid would help alleviate my symptoms [ like in the case with my ears ] and not exacerbate it further.
Why would the thyroid make me bleed from my intestine it just doesn't make sense unless there's some ingredients in it.

sweetpeat

I don't know how accurate the information is, but this is from the Stop the Thyroid Madness website:
CYNOMEL, a Mexican version of T3 only

Corn Starch
Calcium Sulfate Dehydrate
Sugar glass
Talc
Sterate acid powder
Gelatin
Ethyl alcohol
Purified water

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I don't know how accurate the information is, but this is from the Stop the Thyroid Madness website:

Corn Starch
Sugar glass
Talc
Sterate acid powder
Gelatin
Ethyl alcohol
Purified water
That's a great find! Wonderful job.

I don't know much about some of the ingredients but I sure know talc should definitely be avoided.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I've got an email from Dr. Peat:

"Using a vitamin D supplement dissolved in pure olive oil should reduce inflammation in your intestine; it’s possible that excipients in pills irritate the inflamed membranes. Tightening and hardening of the skin suggests that your parathyroid hormone might be very high, and normalizing your vitamin D might remedy that."

"Talc can contain toxic impurities."

So I'm positive that this is the case for my current problems since my gut is probably very weak. I was doing fine for 16 days on 1/4 cynoplus which my gut probably could handle at that point and when upping my dose I felt terrible and started bleeding and I think that created problems from then on. I think I need to stop it for a while.

Do you guys know any other thyroid supplement I could use? Is thyromix good? WP maybe? Other natural desiccated thyroid with no other ingredients?

rr1

I'm pretty sure the only other ingredient is ethanol

OP
UG Krishnamurti

I'm pretty sure the only other ingredient is ethanol
I know It's pretty pure but I'm concerned about bioavailability and efficiency since it's use is only topical right? Do you have any experience with it?

rr1

I know It's pretty pure but I'm concerned about bioavailability and efficiency since it's use is only topical right? Do you have any experience with it?
I don't have experience with it, cynoplus was fine for me. But i would definitely use tyromix orally, despite what it says there.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Tyromax. Oral administration. I do have experience with Cynoplus, Cynomel, and Tyromax. Careful with Tyromax - start low. I've hypered myself few times.

Edit:

1) Shake very well every time before use.
2) Ray Peat might not like that is is dissolved in MCT as he had been recently saying that some people react negatively to MCT. I like to think that because Georgi uses high quality products, the MCT in tyromax doesn't cause problems.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Tyromax. Oral administration. I do have experience with Cynoplus, Cynomel, and Tyromax. Careful with Tyromax - start low. I've hypered myself few times.

Edit:

1) Shake very well every time before use.
2) Ray Peat might not like that is is dissolved in MCT as he had been recently saying that some people react negatively to MCT. I like to think that because Georgi uses high quality products, the MCT in tyromax doesn't cause problems.
Yeah I might order it then next month. I think I've had some bad experience with MCT as well but hopefully it will not be a problem.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
you can also buy dried thyroid at Lifegivingstore.com which is a good pure product.
Do you know if I can purchase pure pharmaceutical thyroid in powder like that without any added ingredients. I suppose they use these added ingredients to be able to form and sell the product in a tablet?

amd

Pharmaceutical companies in Mexico don't print the inactive ingredients and don't answer requests for such information.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Pharmaceutical companies in Mexico don't print the inactive ingredients and don't answer requests for such information.

Corn Starch
Sugar glass
Talc
Sterate acid powder
Gelatin
Ethyl alcohol
Purified water

They answered a few of my questions related to the added ingredients in some tablets they sell. Regarding acetazolamide and some creams to. They've said they have no added ingredients which I don't believe now to be true at all xd

Do you know if I can purchase pure pharmaceutical thyroid in powder like that without any added ingredients. I suppose they use these added ingredients to be able to form and sell the product in a tablet?

i haven't seen it that way for retail sales. "Thyroid powder" -- T3 or T4 or both?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
i haven't seen it that way for retail sales. "Thyroid powder" -- T3 or T4 or both?
Yeah they probably had to be separate so that you can take as much T3 and T4 as you want.

But It's ok. I guess I would not be needing the pharmaceutical one.
Dr. Peat responded very generously to my email when I said I'm buying Thorne's Vit D and what thyroid should I replace Cynomel and Cynoplus with and he said, quote:

"There are products that contain vitamin D in only olive oil. The Thorne product contains some problematic materials. It can be used on the skin safely, but with only about 5% absorption. Armour thyroid, USP, is relatively safe; a pure powdered glandular product would be ideal, if one can be found.

Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)"

So when he said "pure powdered glandular product would be ideal" he actually meant the Lifegivingstore.com one right? That is a pure powdered glandular right? I just want to be sure :)

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Yeah they probably had to be separate so that you can take as much T3 and T4 as you want.

But It's ok. I guess I would not be needing the pharmaceutical one.
Dr. Peat responded very generously to my email when I said I'm buying Thorne's Vit D and what thyroid should I replace Cynomel and Cynoplus with and he said, quote:

"There are products that contain vitamin D in only olive oil. The Thorne product contains some problematic materials. It can be used on the skin safely, but with only about 5% absorption. Armour thyroid, USP, is relatively safe; a pure powdered glandular product would be ideal, if one can be found.

Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)"

So when he said "pure powdered glandular product would be ideal" he actually meant the Lifegivingstore.com one right? That is a pure powdered glandular right? I just want to be sure :)
Since I ordered a different brand of Thorne VIT D I email Dr. Peat the following:

"Hey Dr. Peat

Wow, thank you very much for that information you are helping me tremendously.
I'm going to order thyroid from Lifegivingstore.com. I hope that you are familiar with them and that their product is reliable.

As far as Thorne VIT D I'm a bit confused. There are several brands of VIT D from Thorne and you are probably referring to the capsule one [Thorne Capsule] which contains all the ingredients you've mentioned.

But I'm getting the liquid one [Thorne Liquid] and they've stated "It comes in a base of medium chain triglyceride oil without soy oil or sesame oil, and it is preserved with mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin E)" and as far as I can tell those are the only other ingredients.
What do you think?

I sincerely hope that you think more highly of this specific product since I ordered a few and I was planning to use it orally with some HQ olive oil.
At least until I find an even more quality brand of VIT D3.

Love and gratitude Dr. Peat!"

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Since I ordered a different brand of Thorne VIT D I email Dr. Peat the following:

"Hey Dr. Peat

Wow, thank you very much for that information you are helping me tremendously.
I'm going to order thyroid from Lifegivingstore.com. I hope that you are familiar with them and that their product is reliable.

As far as Thorne VIT D I'm a bit confused. There are several brands of VIT D from Thorne and you are probably referring to the capsule one [Thorne Capsule] which contains all the ingredients you've mentioned.

But I'm getting the liquid one [Thorne Liquid] and they've stated "It comes in a base of medium chain triglyceride oil without soy oil or sesame oil, and it is preserved with mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin E)" and as far as I can tell those are the only other ingredients.
What do you think?

I sincerely hope that you think more highly of this specific product since I ordered a few and I was planning to use it orally with some HQ olive oil.
At least until I find an even more quality brand of VIT D3.

Love and gratitude Dr. Peat!"
The exchange ended up this way:

RP: " Some people react very badly to MCT taken orally; it can promote the development of food allergies."

ME:
"Thank you Dr.Peat

So you would still advise to take this one topically until I find the purer version?
It would extremely help If you could suggest one for me. I know you probably don't want to endorse anyone or something like that but It would be of great help.
High quality VIT D3 with good bioavailability would probably really improve my condition."

RP: "There are several brands in pure olive oil only, but they vary a lot in price; I think this one is fairly priced:

Amazon product ASIN B00E028SD0View: https://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Vitamin-Softgels-Bottles/dp/B00E028SD0
"

ME: "You are just the best!

Thank you so much!"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals