DAIRY FREE

Holy! You could buy your own goat in a few months of this. Grass is everywhere, turn it into milk!!!

Yeah, I had dairy goats when my kids were little as they didn't tolerate cow milk. I milked two goats twice a day, everyday for years...it was great while it lasted, but life circumstances changed and I was forced to sell the farm.

Speaking from experience, I kind of enjoy my freedom too much these days to be tied to milking twice a day. I'm embarking on a new journey soon tho, I hope to find some property and have chickens and goats again......by then I'll be sick of paying these exorbitant prices and more than pleased to be shackled to the milk stand.

estrogen is present in dairyfat. Nonfat milk has the least and butter the most. Levels in nonfat milk are very low.

kaybb

schultz

Yeah, I had dairy goats when my kids were little as they didn't tolerate cow milk. I milked two goats twice a day, everyday for years...it was great while it lasted, but life circumstances changed and I was forced to sell the farm.

Speaking from experience, I kind of enjoy my freedom too much these days to be tied to milking twice a day. I'm embarking on a new journey soon tho, I hope to find some property and have chickens and goats again......by then I'll be sick of paying these exorbitant prices and more than pleased to be shackled to the milk stand.

Yah I hear yah... I'm trying to plan a vacation at the end of summer and it's hard to find someone to milk my animals while I'm gone :help. Owning animals is great until it gets in the way haha.

T

tca300

I eat zero dairy. I think the progesterone in it is strongly antagonistic to testosterone, therefore I think it's not a good food for men. Cows are artificially inseminated to be pregnant all the time, this means the hormone levels in the milk are way higher than what would otherwise be normal. Of course Ray thinks progesterone is something inherently positive for everyone, I disagree. Eating a high-fat dairy diet can double your blood progesterone levels in just a couple of days. It's sad because milk has almost perfect macros, great micros, cheap, and is very easy to consume.

I used to drink a gallon of milk a day, it can cause all kind of mood problems, libido problems, motivational problems etc.
Where has Ray ever said he thinks progesterone is positive for everyone? I talk to him all the time and he has always steered me away from taking it. I couldn't grow a beard until after about 1 year of drinking milk, and it filled in very quick, which wouldn't make sense if it was abnormally high in progesterone. Dewitt and myself have both raised our testosterone and DHT while getting most of our protein from milk. His androgens went up when he replaced meat with milk, as did mine. My libido is better than ever with 1 gallon of milk per day. Ray doesn't recommend high fat dairy so please don't insinuate that he does. The hormones in milk are concentrated in the fat, so low fat varieties would avoid most of the hormones. Your experience is yours, and many, many others don't experience what you do on dairy. It's not dairy that's the problem, it's you, and your gut health. If you feel better without it, don't eat it, but don't discouraged others from trying it just because you don't do well with it.

FacelessMan

Where has Ray ever said he thinks progesterone is positive for everyone? I talk to him all the time and he has always steered me away from taking it. I couldn't grow a beard until after about 1 year of drinking milk, and it filled in very quick, which wouldn't make sense if it was abnormally high in progesterone. Dewitt and myself have both raised our testosterone and DHT while getting most of our protein from milk. His androgens went up when he replaced meat with milk, as did mine. My libido is better than ever with 1 gallon of milk per day. Ray doesn't recommend high fat dairy so please don't insinuate that he does. The hormones in milk are concentrated in the fat, so low fat varieties would avoid most of the hormones. Your experience is yours, and many, many others don't experience what you do on dairy. It's not dairy that's the problem, it's you, and your gut health. If you feel better without it, don't eat it, but don't discouraged others from trying it just because you don't do well with it.

Interesting. What all did you do to increase androgens? I'm a 27 year old male and have trouble growing a beard. I have chin hair but not much on cheeks. I already drink half a gallon of milk a day. Any recommendations?

T

tca300

Interesting. What all did you do to increase androgens? I'm a 27 year old male and have trouble growing a beard. I have chin hair but not much on cheeks. I already drink half a gallon of milk a day. Any recommendations?
I think it was just eating better foods, and getting more light. Lowfat milk, fruit, coconut oil, sometimes eggs, liver, and oysters.

Peater Piper

Your experience is yours, and many, many others don't experience what you do on dairy. It's not dairy that's the problem, it's you, and your gut health. If you feel better without it, don't eat it, but don't discouraged others from trying it just because you don't do well with it.
To be fair, there's been plenty of reports on here of people struggling with dairy. It's a wonderful food source for some people, but it's also one of the more common food sensitivities, especially in hypothyroid individuals. It may come down to gut health, but the same could be said for people that can't tolerate fiber and starch.

postman

Lol this is a forum about discussing diet and you're telling me not do discuss it. You are silly.

TheHound

to everyone in this thread that feels better without dairy: were you eating/supplementing lots of zinc when you were consuming dairy?

I've been doing really low fat for about a week or so and i feel like i tolerate milk a lot better. Does that make any sense? :wtf
Also, my tongue is less white/yellow on really low fat.
:partydance

T

tca300

Lol this is a forum about discussing diet and you're telling me not do discuss it. You are silly.
" Of course Ray thinks progesterone is something inherently positive for everyone "
When you say that Ray feels a certain way about something thats abviously not supported by what he says and tells people, that makes you silly. Those kinds of things get me upset. That kind of thing happens alot on this forum, please do more research, so as to not slander a great man. Thanks.

postman

If anyone still cares, I do well on raw dairy. Raw milk and cheeses make me feel great and don't cause the same type of problems for me.

Travis

Completely false. In a pubmed study, skimmed milk would raise estrogen levels to the exact same level that whole milk did.

I'd like to see this study. Here is mine:

Estrone and 17beta-estradiol concentrations in pasteurized-homogenized milk and commercial dairy products. - PubMed - NCBI

Estrone concentrations averaged 2.9, 4.2, 5.7, 7.9, 20.4, 54.1 pg/mL, and 118.9 pg/g in skim, 1%, 2%, and whole milks, half-and-half, cream, and butter samples, respectively.

2016-06-20_14-37-30.png

17Beta-estradiol concentrations averaged 0.4, 0.6, 0.9, 1.1, 1.9, 6.0 pg/mL, and 15.8 pg/g in skim, 1%, 2%, whole milks, half-and-half, cream, and butter samples, respectively. The amount of fat in milk significantly affected E(1) and E(2) concentrations in milk. Organic and conventional dairy products did not have substantially different concentrations of E(1) and E(2). Compared with information cited in the literature, concentrations of E(1) and E(2) in bovine milk are small relative to endogenous production rates of E(1) and E(2) in humans.

Travis

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals