Don't Know Where To Turn. About To Give Up

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Whichway?

Effexor is an SNRI, which is different from a SSRI, in that it has effects on both serotonin AND nor-adrenaline in the brain. It has a short half life in the body, and these anti-depressants are therefore much harder to come off, or come down from, than longer acting drugs like Prozac.

If you reduce your dose to fast, you can experience extreme withdrawal effects which can include incredible anxiety levels and a return of very severe depressive symptoms. You must look at reducing the dose by no more than 1/10 and then stay on that reduced dose for at least two weeks, or until you feel normal at that dose.

So have a couple of options. Now that you are down at 75mg/day you could stay there and tough it out until you stabilize, which could be a few weeks. Or you could go back to 150mg/ day, stabilize there and then taper down according to the schedule I outlined. So one month at 150mg/day, next month 135mg/day for 2-4 weeks, 120mg/day for 2-4 weeks.

Use a razor blade to trim the tablets, or if they are those pills with the little balls of drug in them, open the pill and very carefully tip out the required amount being as precise as you can.

In the mean time, I would walk as much as you can when you are experiencing anxiety episodes, get as much magnesium as possible, use cyproheptadine to sleep and reduce your serotonin levels, get sunlight, Ray Peat diet and look at your thyroid.

Hang in there and good luck with it!

lampofred

I would say the opposite, these symptoms could be caused by hypervitaminosis A.

Vitamin A is calming. It's needed for the GAD enzyme which makes GABA. The problem is that it increases oxidative stress a lot, so if there is already a lot of oxidative stress in your body (from PUFA, iron, EMF exposure, etc.) then it causes overload. Very similar to calcium actually, calming if you handle it properly (with vit D) but increases anxiety/panic if not handled properly due to high lactate/PTH/etc.

postman

Vitamin A is calming. It's needed for the GAD enzyme which makes GABA. The problem is that it increases oxidative stress a lot, so if there is already a lot of oxidative stress in your body (from PUFA, iron, EMF exposure, etc.) then it causes overload. Very similar to calcium actually, calming if you handle it properly (with vit D) but increases anxiety/panic if not handled properly due to high lactate/PTH/etc.
What antioxidant do you think is the most helpful for protecting against VA oxidative stress? Mixed tocopherols were somewhat helpful for me but not even nearly enough. Vitamin D ain't it.

lampofred

What antioxidant do you think is the most helpful for protecting against VA oxidative stress? Mixed tocopherols were somewhat helpful for me but not even nearly enough. Vitamin D ain't it.

I think CO2 is the main antioxidant that allows you to hold onto vit A, in the short-run I think lowering FFA & lactic acid via aspirin, sugar/salt, methylene blue, etc. will quickly raise CO2, but in the long run PUFA and heavy metals have to be depleted to lower tonic oxidative stress. Sorry if that sounds a bit convoluted, I think on the surface things like salt/methylene blue/red light are said to be oxidizing, but by increasing CO2 they are actually lowering the destabilizing oxidative stress that destroys vit A and makes it excitatory instead of calming

Last edited:

Tarmander

Try eating half a pound of raw steak. Nothing really grounds like raw meat. Don't have to stick with it but it can be very calming

Peater Pan

Sounds like me before peating. I had to quit weed, you will too. You have an excess of serotonin, wèed is a contributing factor. Cypro knocked me out of the serotonin dominant state within 10mins of my first dose. If not sooner. Probably took 5 drops which is on the high side but necessary. It takes a long time to enter such a state of learned helpless that you need a pharmacetuical strength drug to stop the stress cycle. Redlight, even from a strong incandesent bulb is urgently needed. And up your calories with milk. Thats all you can do right now I think.
What kind of cypro doses and for how long? I need to quit canna and fix my gut.

rebuke

Ive since reintroduced cypro, and will probably be taking 4mg daily indefinitely. Cypro + well cooked white button mushrooms daily, I think will heal anyones gut.

Peater Pan

Ive since reintroduced cypro, and will probably be taking 4mg daily indefinitely. Cypro + well cooked white button mushrooms daily, I think will heal anyones gut.
Thanks. I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about white button mushrooms. :)
I have awful allergies and need a minimum 25 mg benadryl a lot of the year. Can cypro replace it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals