Excess Dietary Zinc Worsens C. Diff Infection

Thanks! Zinc lozenges may be worst as they promote constant zinc exposure to the gut biome as opposed to say a daily zinc supplement taken once time.

Dante

Quoting some the content - "high levels of zinc change the gut's microbiome -- the community of microbial organisms -- in a way that mimics antibiotic treatment, the primary risk factor for C. diff infection"
"Antibiotics make someone susceptible to C. diff by killing many of the healthy organisms in the gut and decreasing microbial diversity, which allows C. diff to take hold," Skaar said. "A high zinc diet changes the structure of the microbial community in a similar way and reduces the threshold of antibiotics that are needed to convert a resistant microbial community to one that is sensitive to C. diff."
Didn't know zinc acted like an antibiotic.

OP
L

lollipop

Quoting some the content - "high levels of zinc change the gut's microbiome -- the community of microbial organisms -- in a way that mimics antibiotic treatment, the primary risk factor for C. diff infection"
"Antibiotics make someone susceptible to C. diff by killing many of the healthy organisms in the gut and decreasing microbial diversity, which allows C. diff to take hold," Skaar said. "A high zinc diet changes the structure of the microbial community in a similar way and reduces the threshold of antibiotics that are needed to convert a resistant microbial community to one that is sensitive to C. diff."
Didn't know zinc acted like an antibiotic.
:+1 me either.

Good thought about the zinc lozenges @ecstatichamster This man has done lots of research about zinc and it seems the form matters:

Eby's ColdCure: Cure for Common cold, treatment for common cold, common cold treatment, allergy treatment

Interesting studies @Sucrates

This issue of gut health in relation to so many health problems has definitely got my attention.

Even early this morning had an intuitive hit about endotoxins, gut distress and how it correlates to intense emotional responses like anger. Need to follow up now with some research :):

Makrosky

Even early this morning had an intuitive hit about endotoxins, gut distress and how it correlates to intense emotional responses like anger.
Oh yes definitely... Serotonin-mediated probably. Anger, hatred, envy, all bad stuff comes from a dirty gut. No clean guts, no fun.

Sucrates

Interesting studies @Sucrates

This issue of gut health in relation to so many health problems has definitely got my attention.

Even early this morning had an intuitive hit about endotoxins, gut distress and how it correlates to intense emotional responses like anger. Need to follow up now with some research :)

It raises plasma serotonin and I'm almost certain it raises brain serotonin, so the behavioural effects related to those markers are relevant.
I found this old site toward the end of a lot of reading on endotoxin, it would have saved me a lot of time had I found it earlier but it has a section on behaviour.
LPS and Emotions

OP
L

lollipop

It raises plasma serotonin and I'm almost certain it raises brain serotonin, so the behavioural effects related to those markers are relevant.
I found this old site toward the end of a lot of reading on endotoxin, it would have saved me a lot of time had I found it earlier but it has a section on behaviour.
LPS and Emotions
Great site @Sucrates. Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals