Excessive Fructose is Poison & Burden To The Liver & Mitochondria

TucsonJJ

Well that is your opinion. The Ray Peat diet with high fructose has destroyed many people. And if you have not noticed like many other people have noticed, @haidut is overweight. One of our great forum members @ecstatichamster got fatty liver from the typical Ray Peat diet and now he has moved to a starch based diet he is healing and losing weight. A healthy diet does not make people fat, it makes people lean and strong. The Ray Peat diet makes many people fat.
No, it is the opinion of Peat and Dinkov. I don't know if Dinkov is overweight, I do know he is a big dude. Pretty shallow of you to imply it, even if true. Who knows what his life is like? Who knows what his bloodwork is like? His genetics? I've only seen him sitting down in interviews
So... ONE guy claims to have a fatty liver ONLY from fructose? Jeeze, you sure buy into stuff with slim evidence. I'm betting Dinkov is MILES smarter than you... Peat was too... I could be wrong, but doubt it.
You dislike Peat's way... why in hell would YOU be the administrator/moderator here?

BTW: I love starch. Maybe you should join the Dr. McDougall rice diet crowd and stop being a Peat buzz-kill!

Charger

No, it is the opinion of Peat and Dinkov. I don't know if Dinkov is overweight, I do know he is a big dude. Pretty shallow of you to imply it, even if true. Who knows what his life is like? Who knows what his bloodwork is like? His genetics? I've only seen him sitting down in interviews
So... ONE guy claims to have a fatty liver ONLY from fructose? Jeeze, you sure buy into stuff with slim evidence. I'm betting Dinkov is MILES smarter than you... Peat was too... I could be wrong, but doubt it.
You dislike Peat's way... why in hell would YOU be the administrator/moderator here?

BTW: I love starch. Maybe you should join the Dr. McDougall rice diet crowd and stop being a Peat buzz-kill!

Backtalking the Fuhrer? Prepare to be liquidated.

TheDogsDid-It!

Forum Supporter

It is so difficult to figure out what is right and what is wrong, and I’ve tried for a very long time; whether that be food, health (mental, physical, spiritual), lifestyle, exercise…Just as soon as you think you found the answers, more studies come out and dispute the original findings. A lot of emotions can pop up from that, sometimes leaving us feeling betrayed and/or misled, and maybe even injured from the advice.

I’m what is considered by most to be old; senior citizen; past my prime with not much left to contribute. Top all that off with being a 68 yo female! But I’ve always been an observer, and I had to in oder to survive. I think because I was so misjudged and rejected from early on in life, I became sensitive to the wrong in it. I had a lot of time to myself to think and I became so curious of what makes people tick. Even so, it was my own mistakes in misjudging others (usually from perceiving danger) that drove me to be and do better. I think most people want to help with the advice they offer, but in the end we all have to take responsibility for what we do with the advice. If I trusted what every doctor or “professional” told me, I’m positive I would not be here right now. Being on deaths door with bad advice sent me into a world of research and brought me to the best health of my life. I took responsibility and I did that. I will listen to any and all, and discount nobody; because I can trust myself with finding if it leads me to what I need to know, or where I need to go. I’ve never felt I wasted any of my time, because I have learned even from whom others consider to be the worst; even if it was only to try improve upon myself and how I treat others. If you can trust in yourself, you don’t have to get angry at others. Everyone is own their own path for learning, and it takes many types of experiences to learn. Getting angry at others only throws roadblocks in our way.

Hidden49

@charlie Ok so regarding the topic of this post, does that mean you disagree with Dr Smith on this topic? As he says he eats 5 bananas a day and yes I'm aware he used to be against fructose too, but he changed his stance a while ago a bit when he started eating lots of fruit.

InChristAlone

@charlie Ok so regarding the topic of this post, does that mean you disagree with Dr Smith on this topic? As he says he eats 5 bananas a day and yes I'm aware he used to be against fructose too, but he changed his stance a while ago a bit when he started eating lots of fruit.
He said 2 bananas most recently.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I agree with him that we should limit fructose as much as possible while healing. Dr. Smith is 5 years into detoxing and doing very well, so he can handle more. If a banana has 7g of fructose and he is eating 5 bananas then that is only 35 grams a day. Smith also eats an apple, so that get you pretty close to 50g which @tyw thinks is a good cutoff line which I agree with. If someones liver is way overburdened they would want to eat even less of it.

purple pill

@charlie how can people discern between detox reaction of the liver clearing out vs symptoms of increased endotoxins and serotonin etc? (sincere question) if a person was to eat in-line with yours/Garretts recommendations and feel like crap how would they know if they're actually doing any good for their health as these detox symptoms can last for what years? Thats alot of faith to put in to a new diet paradigm shift, that I would say is still atleast in an experimental phase, do we have real numbers of how many Garrett has treated succesfully (long-term) vs how many it has harmed? Would he even tell his followers the true figures if he found it just plain wasn't working for people? Im not so sure on that, guy gives me grifter vibes in my honest opinion, doubt im the only one

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@charlie how can people discern between detox reaction of the liver clearing out vs symptoms of increased endotoxins and serotonin etc? (sincere question) if a person was to eat in-line with yours/Garretts recommendations and feel like crap how would they know if they're actually doing any good for their health as these detox symptoms can last for what years? Thats alot of faith to put in to a new diet paradigm shift, that I would say is still atleast in an experimental phase, do we have real numbers of how many Garrett has treated succesfully (long-term) vs how many it has harmed? Would he even tell his followers the true figures if he found it just plain wasn't working for people? Im not so sure on that, guy gives me grifter vibes in my honest opinion, doubt im the only one
I never noticed detox. I just cut out colorful vegetables and fruits, egg yolks, most dairy and anything else high vitamin A. The benefits were pretty immediate.

purple pill

I never noticed detox. I just cut out colorful vegetables and fruits, egg yolks, most dairy and anything else high vitamin A. The benefits were pretty immediate.
thanks for reply, did you go in heavy with the beans too? how long you been at it for?

purple pill

I didn’t eat many beans at first but now I eat them with every meal. I have been at it five years.
Long time....do you feel like that's you're diet set for life ie good health, energy, sleep etc, nothing missing? Do you still take any supplements or do you feel all bases are covered from food and keeping toxins low?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Long time....do you feel like that's you're diet set for life ie good health, energy, sleep etc, nothing missing? Do you still take any supplements or do you feel all bases are covered from food and keeping toxins low?
If I am visiting people I eat what is served so I am not overly strict and I still have a small taste of ice cream most days. I am older so my sleep isn’t great but I don’t stress about it. My energy is great, though. I take vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, magnesium and occasionally K and energin.

purple pill

If I am visiting people I eat what is served so I am not overly strict and I still have a small taste of ice cream most days. I am older so my sleep isn’t great but I don’t stress about it. My energy is great, though. I take vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, magnesium and occasionally K and energin.
Thanks for the feedback, glad its working out for you. :):

purple pill

Another curiosity to anyone in the know... again these are genuine concerns
The folks that have given up the milk, and upped the beans youre PTH must be through the roof with the extra phosphorus and lack of calcium. If there was anything that Ray stood by(other than pufa, high carb) with complete conviction (because its backed up by so many studies) is that high PTH causes a whole host of issues and knock on effects on prolactin, cortisol, increased NO, increased chance of osteoporosis, kidney stone etc etc....are you folks not worried about this or are yous getting your calcium elsewhere? Even if I was to try this prescribed diet I would at the very least still drink a litre of milk a day. Was surprised to hear though that the US has a pretty strict fortification program with added A & D, pretty tough break!

InChristAlone

Another curiosity to anyone in the know... again these are genuine concerns
The folks that have given up the milk, and upped the beans youre PTH must be through the roof with the extra phosphorus and lack of calcium. If there was anything that Ray stood by(other than pufa, high carb) with complete conviction (because its backed up by so many studies) is that high PTH causes a whole host of issues and knock on effects on prolactin, cortisol, increased NO, increased chance of osteoporosis, kidney stone etc etc....are you folks not worried about this or are yous getting your calcium elsewhere? Even if I was to try this prescribed diet I would at the very least still drink a litre of milk a day. Was surprised to hear though that the US has a pretty strict fortification program with added A & D, pretty tough break!
It has yet to be proven though. Grant has had a low calcium diet for 9 yrs and has no signs of kidney stones or failing bones. Also all the steak eating carnivores have yet to show up with failing bones. Mikhala Peterson just had a healthy baby eating only steak.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals