Experiences With Tianeptine?

Dean

Peata said:
post 102843
Dean said:
post 102205 I ordered the sodium salt. I'm not sure what the free acid is. I was only aware of the sodium salt or some kind of new sulfur form which is supposed to be more extended release that is available on another website. I was going to order both, but I decided to try the sodium salt first. Check out toxinless.com for different ordering options.

I just got my order of tianeptine sodium powder 5 g. I used a different company. Have you received and tried your tianeptine yet?

Not yet, Peata. I've received it, but haven't tried it as I don't have a scale yet. Am wanting to buy one that's also accurate enough to measure 5mg of DHEA, any recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peata

Dean said:
Not yet, Peata. I've received it, but haven't tried it as I don't have a scale yet. Am wanting to buy one that's also accurate enough to measure 5mg of DHEA, any recommendations?

I don't have a rec, sorry. I am going to use the tiny plastic scoop that came with my powder. It will give roughly 12.5 mg.

Peata

Just took first dose by putting it under my tongue. Wow. Definitely bitter.

Dean

I thought the scoops I got with my order would work based on the info on the website, but the info that came with my order suggests the scoops hold far less. So figured I better wait until I get a scale. Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Peata

Dean said:
post 102851 I thought the scoops I got with my order would work based on the info on the website, but the info that came with my order suggests the scoops hold far less. So figured I better wait until I get a scale. Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

OK, I don't mind starting w a lower dose anyway. I'm cautious that way. I am not taking cyproheptadine while I experiment with tia either. Took 1/2 mg. cyp yesterday, none today.

The scoop that came with mine is a "microscoop". It's red, plastic.

Dean

well yeah, lower dose would be ok or I could take more than one scoop. It's the contradictory info though that has me hesitant. I'd like to know if I'm taking 12.5 mg or 2-4 mg. What the heck, maybe I'll take a scoop and sort out how much it actually is later.

Peata

Dean said:
post 102855 well yeah, lower dose would be ok or I could take more than one scoop. It's the contradictory info though that has me hesitant. I'd like to know if I'm taking 12.5 mg or 2-4 mg. What the heck, maybe I'll take a scoop and sort out how much it actually is later.

haha, that's what I would do.

If you find a good scale, let me know.

Dean

ok, I''ll give it a shot, they sent me two scoops ....one that the website said would be 12.5 mg but the info card that came with my order says it only holds 2-7 mg. Then there is another scoop they sent that holds somewhere between 20-90 mg. Wouldn't have thought there could be that much a range in such a small scoop, but I'm new to this powder route. Usually just a pill/capsule popper.

Are you feeling anything yet? Did ye get healed?

Peata

Dean said:
post 102859 ok, I''ll give it a shot, they sent me two scoops ....one that the website said would be 12.5 mg but the info card that came with my order says it only holds 2-7 mg. Then there is another scoop they sent that holds somewhere between 20-90 mg. Wouldn't have thought there could be that much a range in such a small scoop, but I'm new to this powder route. Usually just a pill/capsule popper.

Are you feeling anything yet? Did ye get healed?

Haha, I am not sure yet.

My microscoop is a long-handled plastic red scoop, and it apparently holds 10 mg (of something) but it will vary according to the powder you use. Since the directions on my bag of Tia says that one of these scoops will give 12.5 mg. of Tia, I'm just assuming the company did the weighing/measuring for that powder with this scoop. However, who knows how much I packed in there, really. I filled the scoop and leveled the top of it off on the edge of the bag. No doubt that pushed the powder down in there tighter than if I'd just shaken the scoop a little. But, I won't worry atm about a few mg. either way. As long as I don't exceed 50 mg. total per day (as haidut mentioned).

Dean

haha..you're right..a little goes a long way...taste-wise. With one small scoop (2-12 mg?), I am feeling an almost instantaneous boost. Promising.

Peata

Dean said:
post 102863 haha..you're right..a little goes a long way...taste-wise. With one small scoop (2-12 mg?), I am feeling an almost instantaneous boost. Promising.

I got that too. Kicked in within 10 min. of dose. Not sure what to think, was almost "too much" and distracting, but it began to tone down within 40 min. Maybe had pronounced effect because I took it sublingually instead of mixed with a food or drink. Next dose will prob be digested rather than under tongue to hopefully get a more gradual, levelness.

What about you so far?

Dean

Yes, I agree with your assessment. I'm not sure it is a very productive boost ( in terms of concentration, attention span, etc.), even as it begins to level off. I took it sublingually as well. Perhaps it takes some getting used to. It did boost me out of the Monday/ completely overcast day/ summer is over/ totally devoid of physical and mental energy blahs. So, it certainly warrants further experimentation.

Peata

Dean said:
post 102889 Yes, I agree with your assessment. I'm not sure it is a very productive boost ( in terms of concentration, attention span, etc.), even as it begins to level off. I took it sublingually as well. Perhaps it takes some getting used to. It did boost me out of the Monday/ completely overcast day/ summer is over/ totally devoid of physical and mental energy blahs. So, it certainly warrants further experimentation.

Definitely.

So, I just took my next dose - it's been about 5 hours since the first one. This time I used a "loose scoop" (didn't level it off on the side of the bag or pack it, just filled the scoop in the bag and shook it a little inside the bag to get a vaguely level amount) and poured that into about 4 oz. Pepsi wild cherry with real sugar... I shook it around in the bottle and I didn't taste any of the Tia.

I bought some too, several months ago, from a dude named Nyles on eBay. Mine didn't come with a nifty red microscoop. :(

I've only tried it once....poured it out on a scale and had a helluva time trying to figure out what to do with it next. I ended up licking it off the scale (bitter indeed!!!). Since my son has used the scale in the past for measuring out gun powder I decided it might be best to find an alternative method of dosing this stuff before my next experiment. :oops:

I don't recall any benefits, but that was last April and ya'll know how sharp my memory is, not. :2cents

Peata

Dean said:
post 102889 Yes, I agree with your assessment. I'm not sure it is a very productive boost ( in terms of concentration, attention span, etc.), even as it begins to level off.

Right, it wasn't productive in the ways you mention.

So far this last dose is much better. Since I had it mixed into a beverage. It's not an overwhelming feeling at all. I think ingesting it in food or drink will be the way to go for me, at least until I get more used to it.

Peata

thebigpeatowski said:
post 102932 I bought some too, several months ago, from a dude named Nyles on eBay. Mine didn't come with a nifty red microscoop. :(

I've only tried it once....poured it out on a scale and had a helluva time trying to figure out what to do with it next. I ended up licking it off the scale (bitter indeed!!!). Since my son has used the scale in the past for measuring out gun powder I decided it might be best to find an alternative method of dosing this stuff before my next experiment. :oops:

I don't recall any benefits, but that was last April and ya'll know how sharp my memory is, not. :2cents

Good to hear from you, BP. Hey, but if gunpowder was found to be Peaty, some of us would start licking it, right? :lol: Joking.

The dose of Tia is sooo tiny. You can get the scoops online or a scale? Now that I see the amount my scoop uses, I could probably just eyeball it, but it would just be a dot of powder on the tip of my finger.

I've recently started taking Tianeptine Sulfate and it has a much better taste; only slightly bitter. The sulfate version is supposed to absorb slower and last longer, which I find to be true. The effects are about the same except the sulfate is more gradual.

Dean

I didn't get around to taking a 2nd dose yesterday. This morning I took the same scoop with a breakfast of cottage cheese and two cups of coffee with sweetened, condensed milk. Taken s ublingually again, but this time I feel nothing really. Quite a difference from taking roughly the same amount yesterday, but between meals. Maybe I will take another scoop, as the scoop I am using supposedly only holds 2-7 mg, which is obviously lower than the recommended 12.5 mg dose.

Peata

I took it 3 x day yesterday and today. Sometimes less than the scoop amount. I can't say I feel a -wow- difference, so I'm hoping there is a cumulative effect that will be noticed in a few days or couple weeks at most.

Also, I took my second dose today with food and a 500 mg. capsule of glycine since I was having some meat that meal. First time I took glycine with the tia... I got very drowsy for an hour. Tia has not made me drowsy otherwise and taking glycine alone never has either that I can recall. It wasn't a drugged effect kind of drowsy like with a Benadryl, more of how you can get real drowsy after eating a big meal. I didn't sleep and it wasn't like I HAD to sleep, and I didn't feel weird or anything, just noticeably sedated but comfortable. It wore off and I went about the rest of the day. I don't think I'll take the glycine anymore while I'm trying tia. I don't know if they both affected GABA or glutamate or what. Any idea?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom