Finally caught the vid, no sense of smell/taste and have strong fatigue ever since

P

PointOutside

Two years into a pandemic and I finally caught COVID-19. I am not vaccinated. I got over it about ten days ago and now I'm stuck in a state of mental fog and very strong physical and mental fatigue. Also, I can't smell or taste anything at all. The symptoms of having it were nothing crazy, little chills and body aches, night sweats. They lasted about seven days. Looking through this forum I see people recommending thyroid, niacin, niacinamide, thiamine, the usual stuff that's around here. I've been taking all of these except the thyroid. I know this topic is probably brought up every other day but I was wondering if anyone has the next thing to try for getting over whatever the hell happened to me. Did anyone here also get 'long COVID' (or whatever) and how long did it take for you to finally feel normal? I'm 21 and follow the diet advice here.

InChristAlone

High dose ascorbic acid.

Peatful

LucyL

Here are two long COVID snips from Fynn-derella on Twitter (IRL she's a doctor with Simone Gold's group) - you'll have to look into the drugs yourself, I don't remember what they are - but perhaps if they are not reasonably safe, there are some Peaty chemicals that might be similar.

Long Covid treatment.png

Aricept in COVID long haulers.png

youngsinatra

Get your vitamin D level (25OHD) measured. Evaluate your zinc intake. Vitamins and minerals get used up by infection.

Old Irenaeus

Sounds similar to what I had. I also had high fever for several days. Some mental fog in the middle of it and found it hard to respond to emails. I didn't lose taste/smell but afterwards had a mint/metallic taste hanging about back of my mouth.

I took vitamin E; vitamin D 100K IU for a couple of days and then tapered off; zinc; magnesium; quercetin with vitamin c; black seed extract pills; aspirin 3-4 daily; solaray B vitamins; methylene blue 1200 mcg. I drank chamomile tea with coconut oil mixed into it. Coffee with evaporated milk. Lots of orange juice. Heated milk. I ate a lot of tuna fish high in selenium and niacin. Took many naps and often slept under my red light heat lamp. Finally, I watched a couple funny movies.

After I recovered, I continued to have occasional mental fog. However, I have started taking B1/thiamine hcl and that seems to be helping. And once I got out of isolation, I started spending lots of time in the sun again.

Mauritio

Zinc ,policsonal , piracetam.

JohnHafterson

Sounds similar to what I had. I also had high fever for several days. Some mental fog in the middle of it and found it hard to respond to emails. I didn't lose taste/smell but afterwards had a mint/metallic taste hanging about back of my mouth.

I took vitamin E; vitamin D 100K IU for a couple of days and then tapered off; zinc; magnesium; quercetin with vitamin c; black seed extract pills; aspirin 3-4 daily; solaray B vitamins; methylene blue 1200 mcg. I drank chamomile tea with coconut oil mixed into it. Coffee with evaporated milk. Lots of orange juice. Heated milk. I ate a lot of tuna fish high in selenium and niacin. Took many naps and often slept under my red light heat lamp. Finally, I watched a couple funny movies.

After I recovered, I continued to have occasional mental fog. However, I have started taking B1/thiamine hcl and that seems to be helping. And once I got out of isolation, I started spending lots of time in the sun again.
This is pretty much what I would do a nice basic supplemental quilt targeting inflammation, endothelial/cardio function, and nervous system.

Lipoic, taurine, benfotiamine for neuro & olfactory issues...

Taurine
Lipoic
Thiamine/Benfo

Neuroinflammation smell loss regeneration to immune switch:

Sars Cov2 uses olfactory bulb as one of main ways to infection.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

I also caught the virus 11 days ago, but besides a slightly runny nose I did not have any symptoms - I also kept my sense of taste and smell during the whole period.

I took 50'000 IU of vitamin D for 10 days, starting on the day that I got tested positive 3 times in a row.
On top of that I took 1000 mcg of K2-7, 1800 IU of vitamin E, 900mg of magnesium, 2 grams of thiamin HCL, 3 grams B3 and some CoQ10.

I tried to get at least 30-40 mg of zinc each day via diet. (Check with cronometer)
I think zinc really helps with maintaining and even restoring the sense of smell and taste.

Ell

Two years into a pandemic and I finally caught COVID-19. I am not vaccinated. I got over it about ten days ago and now I'm stuck in a state of mental fog and very strong physical and mental fatigue. Also, I can't smell or taste anything at all. The symptoms of having it were nothing crazy, little chills and body aches, night sweats. They lasted about seven days. Looking through this forum I see people recommending thyroid, niacin, niacinamide, thiamine, the usual stuff that's around here. I've been taking all of these except the thyroid. I know this topic is probably brought up every other day but I was wondering if anyone has the next thing to try for getting over whatever the hell happened to me. Did anyone here also get 'long COVID' (or whatever) and how long did it take for you to finally feel normal? I'm 21 and follow the diet advice here.
haha, be careful what "advice" you follow. Ever since forever, we always had flu outbreaks, everywhere. I remember so many times in grade school, 1/3 of the student body would be out sick, but we never shut down the economy over it or became wimpified crybabies over it. For situations involving weird proteins, such as "spike proteins"..... how about, use of a protease enzyme ? Bromelain, papayain, trypsin, chymotrypsin & cet. Personally, bromelain is my favorite, at least 1600 GDU potency. Since it comes from pineapple, I eat half a pineapple with it when I take bromelain

Izzybelle

I think I had it and it lasted about two weeks. I had been taking Vitamin D for about a year before and had just started taking Vitamin A. I used activated charcoal, benadryl and aspirin. Then I took Losartan for a couple of days when I felt it was in my chest with a hacking cough, etc., and within a couple of days it seemed to be more in my sinuses, so I went back to benadryl and aspirin. I think I also took zinc and lysine. After that felt like a sinus infectiion for about a week, then it resolved itself. Maybe try some activted charcoal to absorb anything that might be hanging around in the gut, and maybe some aspirin, benadryl, vitamin A, zinc, lysine, and some sunshine or bright light. I did not have any lasting symptoms.

Old Irenaeus

I think I had it and it lasted about two weeks. I had been taking Vitamin D for about a year before and had just started taking Vitamin A. I used activated charcoal, benadryl and aspirin. Then I took Losartan for a couple of days when I felt it was in my chest with a hacking cough, etc., and within a couple of days it seemed to be more in my sinuses, so I went back to benadryl and aspirin. I think I also took zinc and lysine. After that felt like a sinus infectiion for about a week, then it resolved itself. Maybe try some activted charcoal to absorb anything that might be hanging around in the gut, and maybe some aspirin, benadryl, vitamin A, zinc, lysine, and some sunshine or bright light. I did not have any lasting symptoms.
I also found that activated charcoal helped a lot.

InChristAlone

Would not recommend vitamin A for prevention of upper respiratory infections. Vitamin D to vitamin A ratio is the major risk factor for it. Have not eaten liver or used vitamin A supps in yrs and haven't been sick in yrs.

Angela_7

Topical magnesium, topical vitamin D, and topical methylene blue. (Was also taking 20-30 drops internally) Those 3 made me sweat the virus out in 2 hours & my fever went away after 24 hours. Throat was sore the next day so I continued this. And no more symptoms after that. Some people don’t think this was covid because I didn’t have a cough & didn’t lose smell/taste.
I believe Georgi has an article that has progesterone can help relieve long covid symptoms

Jam

Topical magnesium, topical vitamin D, and topical methylene blue. (Was also taking 20-30 drops internally) Those 3 made me sweat the virus out in 2 hours & my fever went away after 24 hours. Throat was sore the next day so I continued this. And no more symptoms after that. Some people don’t think this was covid because I didn’t have a cough & didn’t lose smell/taste.
I believe Georgi has an article that has progesterone can help relieve long covid symptoms
Dosages of the topical applications? Thanks.

Angela_7

Dosages of the topical applications? Thanks.
I did 500 mg of magnesium, 10-15 iu of D, and 3 drops of the blue. I redid the dose a couple hours later because the blue absorbed(which means the body utilized it all). Repeated the dose in the morning.

Jam

I did 500 mg of magnesium, 10-15 iu of D, and 3 drops of the blue. I redid the dose a couple hours later because the blue absorbed(which means the body utilized it all). Repeated the dose in the morning.
10-15 IU of D?? Do you mean 10,000 - 15,000?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals