FreeLee Banana Girl Diet

tyler

I diverged from my peat-inspired eating onto an 80/10/10 diet for about 5 months. I felt good for awhile, probably because I was entertained by the idea of eating as much as I possibly could without gaining fat (as long as it was high carb/low fat/vegan)
Like many others, I swelled up, especially in my face, and gained a good amount of water weight. my sleep quality was terrible. Definitely some skin issues. Felt cold, bloated, low libido, typical hypo.
As soon as I added in fat and animal protein, and dropped the massive amount of fiber, the issues disappeared. I lost six pounds in a under a week- definitely water- but I assume my body must have been stressed pretty badly to hold onto water that way.
Anyway, it does seem to work brilliantly for some people. Lots of great testimonials for 801010, rawtill4, mcdougal style diets. But yeah, wasn't what was best for me.

Jennifer

Freelee often wears gloves and toques in her videos. I would guess her hands are ice cold but i'm not sure how cold Australia is in the winter and early morning/evening so it may not necessarily be indicative of hypo and may be justified. I might just be over-analyzing. She looks naked half the time so she cant be that cold.

I have heard of women on fruit based vegan diets losing their periods and men losing their sex drives. This is probaly in large part due to the excessive water drinking/salt restriction and endurance exercise that is such a fetish in the vegan community though. Ray says high estrogen can cause a sort of sex mania probaly because sexual release is a way to deal with the stress. It may not be a bad thing to have a more tamed and steady sex drive as long as all your parts still work:cool:

People who diet are also probaly more likely to have hypothyroidism in the first place and people transitioning to these diets often have eating disordered backgrounds and may not eat enough calories. That doesn't condemn a fruit based diet though.

A lot of vegan women look very attractive. The ones eating high carb anyway. I would consider going vegan just for the women. ;) Though if they are all infertile and have no sex drive maybe this would be a bad idea lol

Also I see many high carb vegans with full heads of hair so that is a good sign. Can't say the same thing about high fat low carb gurus. They all for the most part look fat, sick, and balding. Dave Asprey takes testosterone shots, metformin, and amphetamines. Jack Kruse and Jimmy Moore look like hell just to name 2 more people. The ones who look decent (Mark Sisson) often eat more carbs then people think or at least refeed on carbs often and don't stay in ketosis.
Freelee was living in a cold part of Australia (Adelaide) with her boyfriend (DurianRider) because of his cycling, and they lived bare bones which meant not a lot of indoor heating. I imagine this and her minimal clothing are why she wore a hat and gloves in a lot of her older videos.

This will probably be more than you wanted to know, but I eat a fruit-based vegan diet so I can share my experience in regards to a menstrual cycle and sex drive on this diet. I can't speak for other fruity vegan females but before this diet, the only way I was able to get my period was by downing progest-e, and I'm far from menopausal age. Once I switched to a fruit-based vegan diet, I got my period and have continued to have one every month since. I'm still shocked that it took a "deficient" diet to set my body straight.

For me, the major difference between a dairy-based Peaty diet supplemented with progesterone and this diet is, the only warning sign that I'm about to start is a huge spike in my libido. On this diet, I no longer get sad, clingy, cramping, bloating, digestive issues, breakouts or heavy blood flow. I get very light bleeding for 1-2 days and then it's gone. I feel exactly the same on my period as I do off it. I've heard similar experiences from other women who adopted a high-carb vegan diet.

Oh, and if the only thing keeping you from going vegan is the rumor that we high-carb vegan girls lack a sex drive, you have nothing to worry about! ;)

So...did I convince you to go vegan? I need to convert one more meat eater in order to earn my patch. It's made from fair trade hemp and reeks of patchouli. It's every vegan girl's dream to own one. :D

raypeatclips

I'm not 100% but is eating high phosphorous foods what leads to elevated phosphate? Or are phosphorus and phosphate two different things? Because Peat has said about fructose:

"While fructose lowers intracellular phosphate, it also lowers the amount that the intestine absorbs from food (Kirchner, et al.,2008), and the Milne-Nielsen study suggests that it increases phosphate loss through the kidneys."
Phosphate, activation, and aging.

Also from the same article regarding calcium:
"However, looking at their results in the context of these other studies of the effects of fructose on phosphate, I don't think their conclusion is correct. Even on the extremely low magnesium intake, both their magnesium and calcium balances were positive, meaning that on average their bodies accumulated a little magnesium and calcium, even though men aged 22 to 40 presumably weren't growing very much."

So with the huge amounts of fructose that she eats, the amount of calcium she eats and the phosphorous content of her foods could be okay.

Jennifer

Hmm...that's a good question, raypeatclips.

Freelee eats a whole foods diet that includes leafy greens so she's definitely getting calcium, but I'm willing to bet she isn't hitting the daily amount that Ray recommends because I don't. Even still, my prolactin is in the ideal range (by Ray's standards) so there's definitely other factors involved. Of course, I don't eat potatoes or grains like she does, only fruit as my carb source, so that could be a factor, as well.

milk_lover

Restriction and obsession is not healthy I think. Most of us Peaters here don't stick to Peat food. And we judge food based on what we feel not because we're or we're not hurting animals if we eat this or that. She has temperament and condescending attitude toward anybody who eats from animals.

schultz

Bananas are a pretty poor source of calcium and have a bad calcium to phosphorus ratio and she seems to eat a lot of those.

You'd have to plan a fruit based vegan diet pretty well. I personally don't see any reason to do it, other than being able to say I am a vegan (which would be funny because it would bother my family). Adding a couple oysters in everyday would make life a lot easier, filling in the zinc and B12.

There are some fruits that have decent calcium and excellent calcium / phosphorus ratios. Coconut water and butternut squash would be useful. Butternut squash has 1mg of calcium per calorie and a litre of coconut water has 230mg of calcium (and 240mg of magnesium). So for 500 calories you can get half the daily value for calcium. Throw in some greens and you can easily get 1000mg of calcium a day. If you lived by the ocean you could boil spinach in seawater and drink the broth to get both sodium and calcium. Seawater apparently has 400mg of calcium per litre.

The other issues would be zinc, B12 and protein. I cronometered a fake diet and got the zinc to 150% RDA with 3,150 calories. Protein is at 72g. It involves eating 1000g of potatoes a day though..... I also added in shiitake mushroom, which seem to have a lower phosphorus than other mushrooms, but also a high zinc. 20 mushroom gives you 44% zinc. You could add them to the seawater spinach broth lol.

For whatever reason I enjoy putting this stuff into cronometer. I must say too that all my micro nutrients except B12 are through the roof according to cronometer. It's very nutrient dense. I got the magnesium to 1600mg as well as the calcium. The potassium might be too high at 18.5g. The PUFA is at 2.8g which is pretty low and total fat is 11.8g which is too low for me personally. I'd add some hydro coco oil to get that fat up. I'd say it's a very healthy diet. People forget that a high carbohydrate diet is protein sparing and the diet I crono'd has 750g of carbohydrates. Also fructose can lower phosphorus.

B12 is the real issue. You need it to convert beta carotene to vitamin A. 2 oysters gives 100%. Some vegans eat oysters right? Why Some Vegans Are OK With Eating Oysters — Food News

Now I'm tired of thinking about this. Am gonna go have a latte :ninja:coffee

Emstar1892

I eat a fruit-based vegan diet so I can share my experience in regards to a menstrual cycle and sex drive on this diet. I can't speak for other fruity vegan females but before this diet, the only way I was able to get my period was by downing progest-e, and I'm far from menopausal age. Once I switched to a fruit-based vegan diet, I got my period and have continued to have one every month since. I'm still shocked that it took a "deficient" diet to set my body straight.

On this diet, I no longer get sad, clingy, cramping, bloating, digestive issues, breakouts or heavy blood flow. I get very light bleeding for 1-2 days and then it's gone. I feel exactly the same on my period as I do off it. I've heard similar experiences from other women who adopted a high-carb vegan diet.

if the only thing keeping you from going vegan is the rumor that we high-carb vegan girls lack a sex drive, you have nothing to worry about! ;)

I think this is good evidence that people thrive by different methods. During my vegan HCLF days I was in the worst health of my entire life. Going high carb low fat vegan drove my LH up like crazy, made me stop having periods, made my whole body swollen, made my figure and face more masculine, left me with vaginal dryness, decreased breast size, and decreased free thyroid hormones. Mentally, I felt spaced out all the time and teary (I never cry, ever!) At the end, I broke out in terrible cystic acne and had scaly, dry skin all over. Finally, I developed hypoglycemia and my metabolism has been f***** ever since.

Whatever the cause, it sure doesn't work for me! (Though I wish it did)

Drareg

Has anyone mentioned high serotonin in bananas? Both individuals appear to be hibernating.

Both of them want to make money from YouTube,they will say anythin IMO to get attention, "internarcissists".
Trying to use underlying anger/authoritarianism to appear as cynicism as insight is not intelligence,lower energy,mania types Imo.
How test this hypothesis? Question both of them and eventually you will get rage.

Jennifer

I think this is good evidence that people thrive by different methods. During my vegan HCLF days I was in the worst health of my entire life. Going high carb low fat vegan drove my LH up like crazy, made me stop having periods, made my whole body swollen, made my figure and face more masculine, left me with vaginal dryness, decreased breast size, and decreased free thyroid hormones. Mentally, I felt spaced out all the time and teary (I never cry, ever!) At the end, I broke out in terrible cystic acne and had scaly, dry skin all over. Finally, I developed hypoglycemia and my metabolism has been f***** ever since.

Whatever the cause, it sure doesn't work for me! (Though I wish it did)
Yeah, absolutely, Emstar. And I certainly believe your experience.

When I did 80/10/10 almost a decade ago, it did not turn out well! I was consuming at least two pounds of raw leafy greens daily and still hiking despite being deathly thin. Looking over my old medical records, the diet did help me gain some weight but it was only about 7kgs (I started out at 31kgs) after two years, so not enough to prevent me from fracturing. And once I fractured, I was put on a WAPF diet and it was downhill from there, until I dropped the dairy and went back to a fruit-based diet.

The difference is now I listen to my body and also apply things I learned from Ray's and Dr. Morse's work. I no longer force myself to eat pounds of hard to digest vegetable matter for fear of not getting my minerals and protein or forcing exercise on myself for fear of becoming diabetic if I don't burn off all the sugar. I think another big factor was finally telling family about what was done to me when I was a little girl. That was some heavy stuff to carry around all those years. I thought I would take that secret to the grave with me and thank god I was wrong!

Emstar1892

Yeah, absolutely, Emstar. And I certainly believe your experience.

When I did 80/10/10 almost a decade ago, it did not turn out well! I was consuming at least two pounds of raw leafy greens daily and still hiking despite being deathly thin. Looking over my old medical records, the diet did help me gain some weight but it was only about 7kgs (I started out at 31kgs) after two years, so not enough to prevent me from fracturing. And once I fractured, I was put on a WAPF diet and it was downhill from there, until I dropped the dairy and went back to a fruit-based diet.

The difference is now I listen to my body and also apply things I learned from Ray's and Dr. Morse's work. I no longer force myself to eat pounds of hard to digest vegetable matter for fear of not getting my minerals and protein or forcing exercise on myself for fear of becoming diabetic if I don't burn off all the sugar. I think another big factor was finally telling family about what was done to me when I was a little girl. That was some heavy stuff to carry around all those years. I thought I would take that secret to the grave with me and thank god I was wrong!

Wow, Jennifer. That last part must have been hard! I commend you for being so brave.

Yeah, I feel you on the manic exercise to avoid diabetes - I used to do that too, even when I was hypoglycemic! I was also eating lots (HEAPS) of brown rice, which I thought was a super healthy whole food but in retrospect it was like eating bark (both in terms of pallete and nutrient yield!!!)

The frustrating thing, which I've mentioned elsewhere too, is that the general principles make sense scientifically, and in most cultures with minimal historical dietary interventions, those principles are followed often followed in virtue of instinct alone! Why my body defies them, I'm still trying to figure. Sigh.

So what tend to be your staples, if you don't mind me asking? And do you live in a cold climate?

Last edited:

Emstar1892

Both of them want to make money from YouTube,they will say anythin IMO to get attention, "internarcissists".
Trying to use underlying anger/authoritarianism to appear as cynicism as insight is not intelligence,lower energy,mania types Imo.
How test this hypothesis? Question both of them and eventually you will get rage.

FYI I used to have a profile on 30bananasaday, then when I started complaining of health problems I got "drink more water" or "increase calories" or "detox," with no science whatsoever. When I started arguing, my comments disappeared from the site, as did the responses.

I then took to youtube and commented there with the same concerns, which were met with Harley's brother calling me a liar, then a secret meat lobbyist, and then he stalked me and sent me hate mail over Facebook.

Steer clear, guys.

Drareg

FYI I used to have a profile on 30bananasaday, then when I started complaining of health problems I got "drink more water" or "increase calories" or "detox," with no science whatsoever. When I started arguing, my comments disappeared from the site, as did the responses.

I then took to youtube and commented there with the same concerns, which were met with Harley's brother calling me a liar, then a secret meat lobbyist, and then he stalked me and sent me hate mail over Facebook.

Steer clear, guys.

Not surprised, I think it's important to enducate children to spot modern day psychopaths,the term pathological narcissist and psychopath are interchangeable imo,they just require certain circumstances/environment to go psycho.
Many of these Personas are a carbon copy of each other with differing accents the only change,they are the modern confidence trickster, essentially I'm confident in what I'm saying so most trusting people will listen and buy in,kids been the most trusting.
Put any of this to them and it's called hating because they make money,are successful ,the criteria for successful is now judges by the personality disorders also.
Questioning them will always find them out depending on your questions of course and if your face to face this can happen quick and explosive.

Lowered energy doesn't allow for thinking for themselves and modern lifestyles doesn't allow time for this so people are ripe for the taking by gurus in health,the modern day snake oil persona!

T

tobieagle

Her lifestyle (no stressful job, beeing outside, not sitting the whole day, sunny climate) has probably nothing to do with her state of health at that age.
It's only the vegan magic diet. :rolleyes:

What's sad is, that many young women will ruin their health and that of their children because of taking her as an idol.

Jennifer

Wow, Jennifer. That last part must have been hard! I commend you for being so brave.

Yeah, I feel you on the manic exercise to avoid diabetes - I used to do that too, even when I was hypoglycemic! I was also eating lots (HEAPS) of brown rice, which I thought was a super healthy whole food but in retrospect it was like eating bark (both in terms of pallete and nutrient yield!!!)

The frustrating thing, which I've mentioned elsewhere too, is that the general principles make sense scientifically, and in most cultures with minimal historical dietary interventions, those principles are followed often followed in virtue of instinct alone! Why my body defies them, I'm still trying to figure. Sigh.

So what tend to be your staples, if you don't mind me asking? And do you live in a cold climate?
Oh...Thank you, Emstar! I thought my life was over with anyway so I felt I had nothing to lose by finally speaking out. Sometimes hitting rock bottom has its perks.

But try not to feel bad that your body has its own agenda. Mine clearly does, too, but we make it work, right? :)

For my diet, I always have raw coconut water and around 2 liters of fresh OJ daily, and the rest depends on the season and what's ripe. Besides the OJ and CW, my current staples are galia melons, figs, mangos, grapes, dates, wild blueberries, heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers (for noodles) and tender baby lettuces like baby butterhead and baby romaine.

Since the weather turned cold here, I've been craving fat so I've also been having young coconut flesh and coconut cream, and small amounts of raw olives and avocado. And for a boost in bone building minerals and tissue support, I supplement with a concentrated herbal extract made from a mixture of herbs such as horsetail, nettle, chamomile and Passion flower. I think that's about it! :)

Yep! I live in a cold climate (New Hampshire, USA). I have yet to master my manifesting skills so Hawaii is just a pipe dream, at this point. This will be the first winter since 80/10/10 that I'll be on a raw diet so it should be a fun challange in resourcefulness. I'm stocking up on frozen fruit and preparing to spend a lot of time brooding like a hen under a heat lamp.

Oh, and I know what you mean about 30BAD. I was an active member on there back when they first started the forum and raw was law. Any talk about cooked, even something as benign as a sweet potato, they quickly put a stop to. That's why I have to laugh at this whole raw till 4 diet plan that Harley and Freelee now promote. I'm not sure if Harley has changed, but to me, his past overly aggressive protection of his ideologies screamed of insecurity. A person who is confident in what he or she believes, does not need to get the rest of the world to believe the same, and certainly not in a violent manner. That's a frantic need for validation, not staying confident in his own knowing. But anyway....

whit

Has anyone mentioned high serotonin in bananas? Both individuals appear to be hibernating.

:+1 Peat says bananas are one of the highest sources of serotonin.
That may explain some of her behavior.

Dopamine

Freelee was living in a cold part of Australia (Adelaide) with her boyfriend (DurianRider) because of his cycling, and they lived bare bones which meant not a lot of indoor heating. I imagine this and her minimal clothing are why she wore a hat and gloves in a lot of her older videos.

This will probably be more than you wanted to know, but I eat a fruit-based vegan diet so I can share my experience in regards to a menstrual cycle and sex drive on this diet. I can't speak for other fruity vegan females but before this diet, the only way I was able to get my period was by downing progest-e, and I'm far from menopausal age. Once I switched to a fruit-based vegan diet, I got my period and have continued to have one every month since. I'm still shocked that it took a "deficient" diet to set my body straight.

For me, the major difference between a dairy-based Peaty diet supplemented with progesterone and this diet is, the only warning sign that I'm about to start is a huge spike in my libido. On this diet, I no longer get sad, clingy, cramping, bloating, digestive issues, breakouts or heavy blood flow. I get very light bleeding for 1-2 days and then it's gone. I feel exactly the same on my period as I do off it. I've heard similar experiences from other women who adopted a high-carb vegan diet.

Oh, and if the only thing keeping you from going vegan is the rumor that we high-carb vegan girls lack a sex drive, you have nothing to worry about! ;)

So...did I convince you to go vegan? I need to convert one more meat eater in order to earn my patch. It's made from fair trade hemp and reeks of patchouli. It's every vegan girl's dream to own one. :D

I have dipped my toes in veganism. Not for moral reasons but for health reasons- The whole high carb low fat plant based idea definitely intrigued me. I tried a starch based diet with some added fruit and didn't like it after the first week or so. I was eating lots of grains though and could see fruit based maybe going better because fruit is awesome (but usually expensive:grumpy:). Fruit tends to be cooling for me because of the fluids unless i'm getting lots of exercise or sun. Either way I don't see the point of eliminating entire food groups or macronutrients unless there is a really good reason to do so. I have tried restricting fat, starch, meat, dairy etc and it has never felt right and my metabolism always declined. It just makes it harder to follow in the long term. I think part of it is wanting what you can't have and feeling anxiety around eating. Part of it may be depriving my body of certain nutrients.

The fact that your health has improved is a good sign that means your diet is probaly working really well for you. I wonder if maybe you had an egg or milk allergy or something hurting your metabolism. I don't usually do well with certain foods like milk and potatoes but cheese and sprouted wheat bread feel fine. Different things certainly work for different people.

schultz

Anytime you have a restrictive diet like this you run the risk of having some variable out of balance. A lot of the general population would not be able to fine tune such a restrictive diet in order to see positive results. This is probably why a lot of people have such poor outcomes on these sorts of diets. This doesn't mean the "diet" is completely flawed (necessarily), but maybe the individuals approach to the diet is. If you eat 30 bananas a day and that is all and then declare fruitarian veganism as a whole is terrible for your health, that is a little myopic. Therefore I find it difficult to trust when someone gives some anecdotal evidence of some person getting fat or losing their libido on such a diet.

This applies to the "Peat" way of eating too. (in theory though, the Peat way of eating, in my opinion, is eating anything that makes you healthy, so if someone doesn't do well on the diet then they are not doing it right. Though maybe a better definition might be something more like eating anything that stimulates mitochondrial respiration or something to that extent.) If someone does the "Peat" diet and does it poorly and then they declare it doesn't work, that is not really a fair assessment.

I try to tell people that they need to make sure they are getting the proper amounts of all of their micronutrients (aside from macro ratios) no matter what diet they are on. People look for all these crazy supplements or get obsessed with eliminating some truly minor thing which they focus all their attention on, when at least some of their problems might simply be fixed by getting enough micro nutrients. Maybe vitamins and minerals aren't so sexy these days though. I'm in the habit of logging my food, so I know that it can be tricky to get all the micros everyday. Someone who doesn't log their food, and then eats a restrictive diet (not uncommon these days) might be getting very poor amounts of some of these nutrients. Add in under-eating (also not so uncommon), some "aerobic" exercise and endocrine disruptors, and you can get some major health issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals