Giardia Positive - Stool Test

mgrabs

Hey guys!

Any advice on how to get rid of Giardia? I have no clue how I got this. I haven’t been out of the county since last year which was Costa Rica.

Im day 3 on a lot of berberine, worm
Wood, oregano, etc. now i have constipation and diarrhea. A lot of fatigue now.

Any advice would be great.

Some say take an antibiotic and knock it out in a day some say go the natural route. Being blocked up isn’t fun.

Its no zapping my energy.

PLUS being told to avoid so many different foods is horrible!

I used digestive enzymes on an empty stomach. It was the only thing that worked. I learned about it from a veterinarian who routinely treats his dogs with this when they get giardia.

youngsinatra

Oregano, ginger tea, raw activated (chopped) garlic, strong coffee, tobacco are some additional well-known anti-parasitic compounds on top of the classic ones you are already taking.

I‘d stay away from the toxic Flagyl antibiotics that are often given for that infection. Flagyl ruined the life of a dear friend of mine. (she developed severe CFS from it, basically fully-bed bound)

Last edited:
OP
M

mgrabs

I used digestive enzymes on an empty stomach. It was the only thing that worked. I learned about it from a veterinarian who routinely treats his dogs with this when they get giardia.
Interesting. Just enzymes? I wonder how that works to kill them off. I have some here. Ill add that today. How long did it take you?

OP
M

mgrabs

Oregano, ginger tea, raw activated (chopped) garlic, strong coffee, tobacco are some additional well-known anti-parasitic compounds on top of the classic ones you are already taking.

I‘d stay away from the toxic Flagyl antibiotics that are often given for that infection. Flagyl ruined the life of a dear friend of mine. (she developed severe CFS from it, basically fully-bed bound)
Thank you! Definitely want to stay far away from strong antibiotics. Im doing natural antibiotics that i mentioned before. And im hearing about doing probiotics after. Not sure if thats good to do or not since not a lot of people on here believe in probiotic use

youngsinatra

Thank you! Definitely want to stay far away from strong antibiotics. Im doing natural antibiotics that i mentioned before. And im hearing about doing probiotics after. Not sure if thats good to do or not since not a lot of people on here believe in probiotic use
I think probiotic foods are best - cheaper, much more concentrated and offer a more diverse variety of beneficial bacteria than these small probiotic pills.

They are hard to find unfortunately (most of the ones sold are pasteurized) so making them at home is probably best.

Sauerkraut, kimchi, pickled vegetables, milk or water kefir and yoghurt are good ones.

OP
M

mgrabs

I think probiotic foods are best - cheaper, much more concentrated and offer a more diverse variety of beneficial bacteria than these small probiotic pills.

They are hard to find unfortunately (most of the ones sold are pasteurized) so making them at home is probably best.

Sauerkraut, kimchi, pickled vegetables, milk or water kefir and yoghurt are good ones.
Would hand rolled organic tobacco be Anti-parasitic? When you say tobacc

Yes just that. On an empty stomach. You have to leave them there for hours so they can move through your GI tract killing the giardia. I got my giardia in Costa Rica, by the way. I had it for months until I found this solution and now if I get it again I know what to do.

OP
M

mgrabs

Yes just that. On an empty stomach. You have to leave them there for hours so they can move through your GI tract killing the giardia. I got my giardia in Costa Rica, by the way. I had it for months until I found this solution and now if I get it again I know what to do.
Wow awesome. So id assume you fasted during the day? Using the enzymes? Also how long did it somewhat take you to kill them off and did you have to retest?

GTW

"Beaver Fever" is probably endemic in many places but doesn't cause problems unless there's another stress on the immune system or otherwise weak immunity as in children.
Fenbendazol works great for dogs. I think it is used for humans.
Stay far away from Flagyl/Metronidazol and anyone who suggests it.

OP
M

mgrabs

"Beaver Fever" is probably endemic in many places but doesn't cause problems unless there's another stress on the immune system or otherwise weak immunity as in children.
Fenbendazol works great for dogs. I think it is used for humans.
Stay far away from Flagyl/Metronidazol and anyone who suggests it.
So it can happen just from weak immunity?

GTW

That is, it's there but in check until immune balance is upset.

Wow awesome. So id assume you fasted during the day? Using the enzymes? Also how long did it somewhat take you to kill them off and did you have to retest?

I fasted skipping breakfast and eating a late lunch. I did it over about 4 days. It got better quite fast.

Dutchie

Is there a specific brand you used and recommend?
I've been questioning for a while if I should try pancreatic enzymes, but I read that most enzyme supplements are derived from a mold species. That always kept me from trying them, so I took a pancreas glandular. It helped some, but I'm not sure if taking enzymes might give more and better results.

I used Source Naturals.

I think they are not good long term but using them as a medication is fine.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
MMS2:

I never used ‘MMS2’, it is not chlorine dioxide, it is calcium hypochlorite. It is a chemical oxidizing compound that is an ingredient in bleach. I am not sure if I would take ‘MMS2’ but I have been using chlorine dioxide (the original ‘MMS = Miracle Mineral Supplement’ not a good name for something that is not a mineral nor a supplement but close to a miracle) for over 15 years. Maybe chlorine dioxide will give the same benefit? Chlorine dioxide can be ordered through KV Lab. Be careful with it, the maximum dose that Jim Humble recommended is three activated drops (three drops from each bottle) every hour for eight hours. I never took more than five ‘servings’ a day.

Also, I believe that these oxidizing compounds kill the good guy bacteria, but I have not had any issues with chlorine dioxide. I read a discussion about gram-negative bacteria, which are sensitive to the chlorine dioxide and supposedly the gram-positive bacteria tolerate it. I am not a biologist and can’t comment on that.

Here is the definition:

Apparently, the gram-negative bacteria are the troublemakers and they have a thin cell wall which may explain their higher susceptibility to chlorine dioxide. But this is a gas and should easily penetrate the thicker cell wall of the gram-positive (‘good’) bacteria. I am lost here…

Dutchie

I used Source Naturals.

I think they are not good long term but using them as a medication is fine.
Thanks.
I saw source naturals contains more different kinds of enzymes, compared to this product I'd seen called Creon.
I'm still not out on the fact whether I should just stick to the pancreas glandular or that my digestive issues happen solely bc of other reasons.

Dutchie

@StephanF Killing off good gut bacteria (in conjunction to a couple of other possibilities) ,in an already troubled gut, is what I suspect happened when I used it for about 2-3 months.
Chlorine Dioxide is not something I'd recommend people to try,despite all the raving testimonials online.
Not to mention that it tastes like swimmingpool water.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Hey guys!

Any advice on how to get rid of Giardia? I have no clue how I got this. I haven’t been out of the county since last year which was Costa Rica.

Im day 3 on a lot of berberine, worm
Wood, oregano, etc. now i have constipation and diarrhea. A lot of fatigue now.

Any advice would be great.

Some say take an antibiotic and knock it out in a day some say go the natural route. Being blocked up isn’t fun.

Its no zapping my energy.

PLUS being told to avoid so many different foods is horrible!
I had giardia postive on a GI-MAP in 2019. What you are doing is good. I also did fresh garlic, chop and leave for 10 mins, then either eat raw or I prefer to mix in a tablespoon of honey and eat a bit over the course of the day. 2-3 days on and then a break. Also activated charcoal or zeolite to bind the dead bacteria and metabolites.

A couple of liver flushes would do you good also. A few days of coffee enemas would also be valuable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals