Green Tea, Fruit And Veggies

jyb

In conclusion, GTE incorporated into meat patties in doses realistic for addition to processed foods only leads to a short-term change in plasma antioxidant capacity and has no long-term effects on oxidation parameters within the blood or urine compartments in smokers or in non-smokers. The study can therefore be seen as a 10 weeks controlled study with dietary depletion of all food antioxidants derived from fruits and vegetables, except for carrots and potatoes. During the depletion we observed a decrease in oxidative damage to proteins, DNA, and lipids, concomitantly with a major reduction in plasma ascorbate and minor changes in other vitamins and in anti- oxidant enzyme activities.

Green tea extract only affects markers of oxidative status postprandially: lasting antioxidant effect of flavonoid-free diet from http://journals.cambridge.org/actio...ge=online&aid=898588&fileId=S0007114502000673

So, no effect on fasting values, but I didn't understand whether there could still be a benefit in the short-term post-prandially when the plant anti-oxidants are still circulating.

gretchen

I had some unsweetened green tea this morning from the 7-11. Conveniently forgot upon purchase about the phenalenaline, or whatever that sweetner is. Very unpleasant.

I drank green tea daily in the 2000s, and would swear that it has some positive effect, whether on blood sugar, or mood due to that chemical, I forget what it's called.

Frankdee20

Honestly, I know Ray points out a study on monkeys where Green Tea made them develop gynocomastia. However, I can't imagine a little bit a day will be problematic. I know it's high in Flouride, and can disrupt the Thyroid. I supplement with trace minerals that would compete with Flouride, also buy high grade tea, and I like the calming effects. Buying isolated quality Theanine is costly, and I don't want to add more pills. Pure Encapsulations creates a good Theanine product that is the real L isomer, not a D, L mixture like cheap brands. But it's like 60 bucks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals