Hair mineral test shows high cobalt toxicity

mgrabs

High cobalt reading? This happened suddenly after taking high dose iodine for 6 weeks. How do i correct all of this? Any advice. Seems very high to me. First mineral test was before iodine. Second attachment is after iodine.

Attachments

• F2DF66C1-4887-4435-8D6D-AB36531A7D11.jpeg
    F2DF66C1-4887-4435-8D6D-AB36531A7D11.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 0BA7861A-ABEE-4965-A8A3-D35A3E31C667.jpeg
    0BA7861A-ABEE-4965-A8A3-D35A3E31C667.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 67
Did your doctor say you had an unhealthy amount of it?

“Cobalt is found widely in the environment. Good food sources of cobalt include:

fish
nuts
green leafy vegetables, such as broccoli and spinach
cereals, such as oats
How much cobalt you need

You should be able to get all the cobalt you need from your daily diet.

Cobalt is a major part of the structure of vitamin B12. Therefore, if you get enough vitamin B12, you will also get enough cobalt.“

OP
M

mgrabs

Did your doctor say you had an unhealthy amount of it?

“Cobalt is found widely in the environment. Good food sources of cobalt include:

fish
nuts
green leafy vegetables, such as broccoli and spinach
cereals, such as oats
How much cobalt you need

You should be able to get all the cobalt you need from your daily diet.

Cobalt is a major part of the structure of vitamin B12. Therefore, if you get enough vitamin B12, you will also get enough cobalt.“

Thanks for the insight. I do hear high levels of cobalt are considered toxic. And thats where my levels seem to be. Can anyone further back this thought?

Thanks for the insight. I do hear high levels of cobalt are considered toxic. And thats where my levels seem to be. Can anyone further back this thought?

It looks like yours levels went off the charts, your iron too. Have you upped your meat or what would be cause of the iron higher too, maybe they are linked? It seems cobalt is hard to chelate. Since it is in everyday foods I wonder if avoiding those foods high in cobalt might be an avenue? I know calcium/milk is a good at chelating some heavy metals.

High cobalt reading? This happened suddenly after taking high dose iodine for 6 weeks. How do i correct all of this? Any advice. Seems very high to me. First mineral test was before iodine. Second attachment is after iodine.
Did you supplement b12?

HeyThere

Glad I came across this thread. Been taking B12 every day for weeks and am about to take a hair analysis myself (3rd one). I'll know why if my cobalt shows as I have had zero in the past, unless a few weeks daily isn't enough to show anything.

bruschi11

The iron is the problem. Iron is #1 thing to regulate. Maybe body is dumping cobalt due to such lack of iron metabolism

Glad I came across this thread. Been taking B12 every day for weeks and am about to take a hair analysis myself (3rd one). I'll know why if my cobalt shows as I have had zero in the past, unless a few weeks daily isn't enough to show anything.
I will be interested to know how your B12 supplements played out in your upcoming test. I hope you will let us know.

redsun

Hate to break it to you but this test is mostly meaningless. Your pre-test looks like you were a fast or mixed oxidizer.

High dose iodine probably made you excrete more metals as a byproduct of faster metabolism as we can see in your post-test almost everything rose. Doesnt mean you have cobalt toxicity. You cannot suddenly develop cobalt toxicity when you didnt obtain more cobalt. Cobalt cannot come from thin air unless you were megadosing B12 as well during this time. All the iodine did was make more cobalt show up on your hair as a result of the higher metabolism. Just like your other minerals, you just excreted more minerals in your hair.

High dose iodine will cause similar issues that too much thyroid or too much stimulants (like amphetamines) can cause. It can cause hyperactivity of the adrenals and put your system in overdrive. The body responds initially to meet this demand and you can get increased levels of mineral in hair readings. The eventual result is burn out and four lows hair pattern. Thats all that really happened.

The only thing I suggest is get iron tested to see if you have excess because it showed quite high already from pre-test.

High cobalt reading?
I would be more concerned about your high level of tungsten. There is nothing good about tungsten in the body.

“Tungsten is a transition metal in the same block as many of the carcinogenic metals on the periodic table and holds potential to induce cancer-associated effects.”

OP
M

mgrabs

Hate to break it to you but this test is mostly meaningless. Your pre-test looks like you were a fast or mixed oxidizer.

High dose iodine probably made you excrete more metals as a byproduct of faster metabolism as we can see in your post-test almost everything rose. Doesnt mean you have cobalt toxicity. You cannot suddenly develop cobalt toxicity when you didnt obtain more cobalt. Cobalt cannot come from thin air unless you were megadosing B12 as well during this time. All the iodine did was make more cobalt show up on your hair as a result of the higher metabolism. Just like your other minerals, you just excreted more minerals in your hair.

High dose iodine will cause similar issues that too much thyroid or too much stimulants (like amphetamines) can cause. It can cause hyperactivity of the adrenals and put your system in overdrive. The body responds initially to meet this demand and you can get increased levels of mineral in hair readings. The eventual result is burn out and four lows hair pattern. Thats all that really happened.

The only thing I suggest is get iron tested to see if you have excess because it showed quite high already from pre-test.
Makes sense thats why im so lost/confused here. I feel like the iodine dislodged a lot of stuff. Do you have any ideas on how to combat all of this? My body feels like its under heavy stress. Would like to detox anything i can that can be floating around. My hands actually feel pretty weak after all of this. More so my left hand the coordination just feels very off. If i extend both arms my fingers shake a bit. I dont feel hypo because im so lean and not able to sleep well. I feel very overstimulated with nervous energy. Some tinnitus as well. All just happened ever since the iodine. Its been over a month & just feel so depressed and out of wack. Im hearing from the hair mineral test doctor that calls you after, reccomending a boat load of supplements but I just want to know what the hell happened to me that i reacted
So poorly. My body cant relax

redsun

Makes sense thats why im so lost/confused here. I feel like the iodine dislodged a lot of stuff. Do you have any ideas on how to combat all of this? My body feels like its under heavy stress. Would like to detox anything i can that can be floating around. My hands actually feel pretty weak after all of this. More so my left hand the coordination just feels very off. If i extend both arms my fingers shake a bit. I dont feel hypo because im so lean and not able to sleep well. I feel very overstimulated with nervous energy. Some tinnitus as well. All just happened ever since the iodine. Its been over a month & just feel so depressed and out of wack. Im hearing from the hair mineral test doctor that calls you after, reccomending a boat load of supplements but I just want to know what the hell happened to me that i reacted
So poorly. My body cant relax
Usually overstimulation through drugs, or thyroid hormone or in this case iodine causes increased loss of minerals and can also make you vitamin deficient This is the idea of fast oxidizers (or ones who made themselves fast with some exogenous substance). Repleting minerals that potentially could have been lost and also temporary supplementation with B vitamins may help. Hyperthyroidism can deplete Bs. You could also have dealt with halogen detox symptoms that are making you feel bad and it may go away on its own.

This matches overstimulation and tinnitus symptoms. Specific focus should be calcium and copper and also magnesium(which is the main things depleted in fast oxidizers) but you need to work on all the minerals and micronutrients. A nutrient dense diet may set you straight with time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals