Halos, Starbursts, Etc, Mostly At Night

bohogirl

I wear contacts and used to have great night vision. A couple of years ago, out of the blue, just randomly one day, I started to see halos, starbursts around any type of light including car headlights/brake lights, traffic lights, street lights. During the day, when the sun reflects on a car, it causes horrible starbursts reflection.

It is worse when I wear glasses but I still see them now with contacts.

What could this be? Is this low vitamin A? I believe I have a problem with vitamin A as I turn yellow/orange when ingesting practically any amount.

InChristAlone

I too have starbursts real bad around street lights, not sure about vitamin a reversing any of it, but I suspect lens induced myopia to cause a lot of vision related problems, for instance wearing your full strength contacts for reading is a huge reason for elongation of your eyeball, which can if severe enough cause retinal detachment.

lindsay

I don't have glasses or contacts, but I developed eye floaters a few months ago - which I find super annoying. I wrote to RP asking about things that might help with the floaters and he suggested Pregnenolone & Progesterone, since they are youth associated hormones. I've been taking 50 - 100 mg of pregnenolone most days since then and I've noticed an improvement. Also, in relation to the floaters, they are worse when my sinuses are bad. Don't know if this will help, but maybe keeping the sinuses clear and taking some pregnenolone will help.

Peata

I don't have glasses or contacts, but I developed eye floaters a few months ago - which I find super annoying. I wrote to RP asking about things that might help with the floaters and he suggested Pregnenolone & Progesterone, since they are youth associated hormones. I've been taking 50 - 100 mg of pregnenolone most days since then and I've noticed an improvement. Also, in relation to the floaters, they are worse when my sinuses are bad. Don't know if this will help, but maybe keeping the sinuses clear and taking some pregnenolone will help.
Do you take that amount all month long or just second half cycle?

lindsay

Do you take that amount all month long or just second half cycle?

I take it most days. Mostly because, I am in the midst of wedding season, and I get very stressed (I'm a photographer). So the pregnenolone helps (although, I finally ordered L-theanine to help me with this as well). Also, my cycle is wacky to non-existent (I only have one ovary, so my hormonal production is off). I also like the way pregnenolone effects my skin :) And I can get by on much less progesterone when I take pregnenolone daily. I don't always remember to take it, but I noticed the floaters getting better, so I decided to keep it up.

Peata

I take it most days. Mostly because, I am in the midst of wedding season, and I get very stressed (I'm a photographer). So the pregnenolone helps (although, I finally ordered L-theanine to help me with this as well). Also, my cycle is wacky to non-existent (I only have one ovary, so my hormonal production is off). I also like the way pregnenolone effects my skin :) And I can get by on much less progesterone when I take pregnenolone daily. I don't always remember to take it, but I noticed the floaters getting better, so I decided to keep it up.

What brand do you take?

I've been taking 10 - 20 mg day for a while on most days, but haven't noticed much.

What effect is it having on your skin?

lindsay

What brand do you take?

I've been taking 10 - 20 mg day for a while on most days, but haven't noticed much.

What effect is it having on your skin?

I notice the effects of pregnenolone mostly when I feel stressed - that's when the calming effects are very noticeable for me.

I have been taking Swanson's brand - the 50 mg capsules (one or two per day) - but I ordered some from Health Natura that I am looking forward to try!

Pregnenolone definitely has a face-lifting quality to it. My skin seems less wrinkled and tighter, and less tired, when I take it daily - especially under my eyes, which get wicked smile lines.

Peata

I notice the effects of pregnenolone mostly when I feel stressed - that's when the calming effects are very noticeable for me.

I have been taking Swanson's brand - the 50 mg capsules (one or two per day) - but I ordered some from Health Natura that I am looking forward to try!

Pregnenolone definitely has a face-lifting quality to it. My skin seems less wrinkled and tighter, and less tired, when I take it daily - especially under my eyes, which get wicked smile lines.

OK, thanks, sounds good. I was concerned about more acne, as I've read some people say it causes it. I don't need more.

lindsay

OK, thanks, sounds good. I was concerned about more acne, as I've read some people say it causes it. I don't need more.

Hmmm. That's interesting. I've never had acne, so I really couldn't say. I had eczema as a child and into my college years though, and it hasn't come back since I've been taking the pregnenolone. I know it's not acne, but kind of like it for the person with dry skin. You could try it for a week and see how it goes......

Peata

Hmmm. That's interesting. I've never had acne, so I really couldn't say. I had eczema as a child and into my college years though, and it hasn't come back since I've been taking the pregnenolone. I know it's not acne, but kind of like it for the person with dry skin. You could try it for a week and see how it goes......
I increased the pregnenolone to 40 mg.

Peata

That sounds awesome. Do you like to take it any certain time of day? (I think that's my last question, thanks.)

Peata

Why do you not try a higher dose of vitamin A?
That is the higher dose so far, up from 15,000 iu. Anyway, I don't want the acne talk to take over the "halo, starburst" thread anymore than I already have (sorry bohogirl). We can talk about it in my log if you'd rather.

OP
B

bohogirl

That is the higher dose so far, up from 15,000 iu. Anyway, I don't want the acne talk to take over the "halo, starburst" thread anymore than I already have (sorry bohogirl). We can talk about it in my log if you'd rather.
I have acne too! :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals