Have Become Intolerate to Higher Doses of T3/NDT?

danjodingo

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea why I can no longer tolerate higher doses of thyroid/T3?

I used to be on 2 grains of NDT for many years, taken all in the morning with no problems (I know this isn't very Peaty, but it worked for me). Then I was advised to split that up so I did. And over time I've been able to tolerate less and less, now only able to take 1/2 grain in the AM and 2 or 3 1/4 grain spread throughout the day (so about 1 grain total - that's the most I can take without having bad effects, I have to split it up). I've also tried experimenting with T3 only recently and I can tolerate that less than NDT.

I still have hypothyroid symptoms (lowish pulse 50-65bpm at rest, cold feet, extreme fatigue and brain fog) so I do think I need a higher dose. I feel my body is unable to use it, or maybe the symptoms are unrelated to thyroid and I no longer need it?

Thank you!

maybe when you started splitting your dose your AM dose wasn't enough to keep cortisol down and you are experiencing cortisol feelings, not too much thyroid. Maybe take your higher dose in the AM, or go back to all morning. But it might feel yucky until your body adjusts. I felt better with just T4 in the AM, and now with T3 added 2x day in I had some episodes with cortisol until I had my t3 raised. Still hate it though.

oh I forgot, I was reading recently that lower-than-optimal ferritin or iron can cause people to feel like they cannot tolerate T3 (as I think I fall in that category)

But there are quite a few reasons according to this website:

OP
D

danjodingo

maybe when you started splitting your dose your AM dose wasn't enough to keep cortisol down and you are experiencing cortisol feelings, not too much thyroid. Maybe take your higher dose in the AM, or go back to all morning. But it might feel yucky until your body adjusts. I felt better with just T4 in the AM, and now with T3 added 2x day in I had some episodes with cortisol until I had my t3 raised. Still hate it though.
I do suspect cortisol is an issue for me. I know not very peaty but I have done saliva and DUTCH test and my cortisol levels were very low and blood cortisol at the low end of range.

Yeah, I have wondered if you just need to persue with taking a high dose all in one go - I gave up after about 4 days of 2 grains in the am recently because I just felt so bad. My mum who is into the STTM stuff says that the way I'm dosing my thyroid is just making me more hypothyroid but I can't function taking more...
oh I forgot, I was reading recently that lower-than-optimal ferritin or iron can cause people to feel like they cannot tolerate T3 (as I think I fall in that category)

But there are quite a few reasons according to this website:

I actually have a history of iron overload!

Thanks for the info and articles, much appreciated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals