Having To Go to the E.R. For Insomnia, Anxiety > HELP!

DMF

My current episode of no-sleep, which occur periodically, is the worst, so I went to the E.R. twice in 2 weeks,
and the only thing that came close to working was Ativan, which is a last resort for me, only once maybe two nights
in a row to nock me out. Has worked in the past but not now. Don't currently have a primary care doc and DON'T
trust psychiatrists, but suffering horribly. Nothing else working > melatonin - kava....
Might beta-blockers help - any suggestions?

Chad_Catholic

You could have a bad H. Pylori infection: I've watched testimonials on YouTube of people who started getting bad anxiety and insomnia, and they suffered a long time before figuring out the cause--some, like me, were stupidly prescribed SSRIs by their PCPs. If I were you, I would try to get prescribed Trazodone as a temporary fix: it has a dirty metabolite in it which can slow down your metabolism and cause a bit of grogginess the next day, but it has always come through for me in emergency situations. A beta-blocker might help by keeping down your stress-induced blood pressure, having something like Pyrucet on hand could help in the case that your metabolism starts to crash, and supplementing pregnenolone and progesterone is always a good idea in virtually any situation.

Last edited:

Mathgirl

Cyproheptadine or benadryl makes me very sleepy. Cypro-my body will adjust to it after a couple days but sleep comes easy after that without middle of the night waking either. Cypro lowers cortisol edgy feeling. Vit K and/or D helps sleep too. Small doses for me. Progesterone and Pregnenelone help sleep too. But by far the fasted and easiest is Cypro. I think all these things lower Estrogen and Cortisol allowing your body to heal and recover.

Jessie

What are your symptoms besides not sleeping? Because there's no way to narrow down the cause with just insomnia and anxiety. Both of which can easily create a nasty feedback loop (i.e I'm anxious so I can't sleep....I haven't slept so I'm anxious). There may be an environmental trigger as well.

What's your diet look like? What type of hours do you work? Are you dealing with any family problems? What about pre-existing health conditions?

Those are questions you need to ask yourself, and figure out how to ameliorate any problems they may confront. Usually, not always, but usually, insomnia doesn't just "spring up" out of the blue. It can typically be traced back to a change in one's environment somewhere, however subtle the user may think the change is, it still needs to be addressed.

Using myself as an example, vitamin D was giving me some wicked insomnia about a year ago. It took me forever to catch on to it as well. Simply because it's not something most people (nor myself) would expect.

OP
D

DMF

Trazadone was awefull - side effects, benadryl no use - already exhausted. Mind/cortisol won'tstop.
Yes, some underlying issues at the root - but I could use some relief now to sleep!

KaiKamp

I like hot milk with honey and vanilla with salt.... Always helps me destress before bed. Using orange glasses and staying away from stimulation for an hour or two before bed also is helpful. You also want to be out in the sunshine at the same time every morning getting the bright sun in your eyes... consistency is key. You may also need to make meditation part of your routine... you sound pretty jacked up. You may also be eating something that's causing the stress/anxiety... so you may need to do an elimination diet for a bit to figure it out. I know when I went carnivore my anxiety went from 80 to around 5. A short term diet of well cooked potato/meat/liver/honey or well cooked rice/meat/liver/honey may help you. Once you have the anxiety down, then you can start adding things back in slowly until you figure out what was messing you up.

Lolinaa

I would be careful with the Ativan. It is a benzodiazepine. It can prevent you to sleep after a while and you will have to up the dose. More than 2 weeks use of this medication is not recommend.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Could possibly be copper toxicity.

Last edited:

LadyRae

Diamant, from Idealabs, is a fantastic cortisol-lowering substance. Leaves one feeling grounded, warm, calm, focused, with a stable mood. No irritating side effects .

You could peruse Haidut's Diamant thread for more testimonials

Elie

Forum Supporter
Diamant, from Idealabs, is a fantastic cortisol-lowering substance. Leaves one feeling grounded, warm, calm, focused, with a stable mood. No irritating side effects .

holly molly! 38 pages!!!

LadyRae

holly molly! 38 pages!!!
Like I said, peruse!🤪 I noticed that the more recent posts deal more with people's experiences. He has been selling that product for a while so people just add to the thread over time...

DBCoast

I would be careful with the Ativan. It is a benzodiazepine. It can prevent you to sleep after a while and you will have to up the dose. More than 2 weeks use of this medication is not recommend.
I second this. Could be benzo rebound causing the anxiety and insomnia. Very dangerous med.

Nicole Carter

My current episode of no-sleep, which occur periodically, is the worst, so I went to the E.R. twice in 2 weeks,
and the only thing that came close to working was Ativan, which is a last resort for me, only once maybe two nights
in a row to nock me out. Has worked in the past but not now. Don't currently have a primary care doc and DON'T
trust psychiatrists, but suffering horribly. Nothing else working > melatonin - kava....
This happened to me from taking desiccated thyroid and t4/t3 combo.

unanimous

microdose xanax + ashwaganda for cortisol inhibition tbh

JamesGatz

If it ONLY HAPPENS when you are in bed then its the polyester mattress man - gives people SO much anxiety

Sleeping on the floor and GETTING RID of the mattress entirely is the way to go due to its off-gassing you will STILL BE inhaling polyester if its in the room

VitoScaletta

I've found Valium/Diazepam works better then Ativan.
Also beware of dependence and withdrawal. I think it's best to cycle it.
By the way, if you get dependent on it, from what I read about Diazepam and my experience with it I think that withdrawal is hard and you feel anxious but it's over fairly quick.

Jessie

I've found Valium/Diazepam works better then Ativan.
Also beware of dependence and withdrawal. I think it's best to cycle it.
By the way, if you get dependent on it, from what I read about Diazepam and my experience with it I think that withdrawal is hard and you feel anxious but it's over fairly quick.
Same here, I've read where benzo withdrawals are the worst of all withdrawals. Even worse than alcohol with withdrawal, and that's been known to kill people! The few times I've taken valium it made me feel like a zombie.

I quit it altogther after I got off SSRIs at 19, because that's why I had it (an xanax) in the first place. Benzos were helping to alleviate some of the bad effects paroxetine was giving me.

Even something like Kava or Blue Lotus will usually knock me out pretty good. Valerian is great at getting the job done as well, but it always gives me some pretty crazy dreams.

OP
D

DMF

"Diamant" - is it a nootropic? I keep looking it up and get diamond in German.

OP
D

DMF

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals