Heartbroken - Dr. Peat has passed

revenant

Does anyone have more information? im ofc gonna ask about in terms of protein amount that he experienced with or what really happend

In the last One Radio Network he sounded fine, and they were chatting with Patrick about why he wasn't sounding like himself in the previous interview. An allergic reaction or something IIRC?

Of course we don't know the cause of his death, but it does make wonder, that if even Ray couldn't make it past 86, where is the hope for the rest of us? Did he do something "wrong"? He did change from very high protein recommendations to very low ones. Or perhaps not recommendations, but at least experimenting with low protein intakes.

TeslaFan

RIP Ray Peat!

He continues to live in our hearts and minds.

I will have a cup of dark roast in remembrance of him.

EnergeticLeo

In the last One Radio Network he sounded fine, and they were chatting with Patrick about why he wasn't sounding like himself in the previous interview. An allergic reaction or something IIRC?

Of course we don't know the cause of his death, but it does make wonder, that if even Ray couldn't make it past 86, where is the hope for the rest of us? Did he do something "wrong"? He did change from very high protein recommendations to very low ones. Or perhaps not recommendations, but at least experimenting with low protein intakes.
Maybe it was the stress of confronting the horrors of this world.

Swogger

This is so very sad. It's like losing a family member, except there's no other family to turn to for support. I'm grateful for this community and for the chance to pay my respects to Ray among those who also mourn his passing.

May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

ThinPicking

I’M ONLY IN THE NEXT ROOM​

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name,
speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
let it be spoken without effort, without a trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was;
there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well

Henry Scott Holland, 1847-1918,
Canon of St Paul’s Cathedral.

Vileplume

RIP Dr Peat.

My life will forever be improved because of every one of your words I heard or read. You will always be one of the strongest influences on my life, and I will share your wisdom with people as long as I live.

Thank you for being honest in a world where most people (let alone medical professionals) aren’t. Thank you for responding to hundreds of emails daily, even though we asked the same questions thousands of times. Thank you for always being kind and patient with every single person you interacted with. Thank you for teaching that everything is connected and nothing is random. Thank you for helping realize the connection between nutrition and philosophy. Thank you for being a good person. Thank you for being so ******* smart, for accumulating so much knowledge throughout your lifetime, and for sharing that knowledge with the world until your final months.

Your memory and ideas will live on. They will inspire every day of my life until I die.

redsun

An amazing individual who lived a life full of meaning and left his mark on the world. Rest in peace.

taesch

Sad to learn of the passing of Raymond Peat. He was generous with his time and brought hope and uplifted so many of us. He is truly missed.

Sam Suska

Forum Supporter
I think every person the authors of the Tiger movie interviewed died shortly afterwards. Peat was the only one left and did mention, though kinda jokingly, in a podcast that it is indeed suspicious.
What is the Tiger movie?

I feel like I have to find and watch it now. RIP Ray Peat - the man helped me and many, many others.

PhilParma

The anti-authoritarian's anti-authoritarian. Very few were more intelligent than Ray Peat. He could have done any number of things with his life. Perhaps he could've acheived "great" things by aligning himself with institutional vampires. Instead, he went his own way and just tried to help people out, painted naked ladies, and invented the carrot salad.

Rest in Peace

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the Tiger movie?

I feel like I have to find and watch it now. RIP Ray Peat - the man helped me and many, many others.

It is called "On the back of a Tiger". Several forum members interviewed a number of people who had a bio-energetic approach to life/health and/or Ray mentioned in his writings, and made a movie consisting of the interviews. All interviewed people died shortly after being interviewed.

haidut

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals