Heated Honey Is Dangerous

Hum... interesting, maybe that's why I don't tolerate honey very well.

InChristAlone

Yeah honey isn't even considered honey unless it hasn't been ultra processed. And 75% of grocery store honey is ultra processed. Raw local honey is probably best anyway so you are modulating response to pollen.

Barry

I don't know about only crystallized honey being acceptable. What about tupelo honey? It is liquid because of the high fructose content, not because of heat processing, correct?

boris

Ancient Ayurvedic texts states the same

Ayurveda also says that meat makes you sick and steals energy from you :rolleyes:. Also the study didn't prove anything in the realm of heated honey being dangerous. They only showed that heated honey mixed with gee produces HMF. They didn't prove that it is dangerous in any way and especially not heated honey alone.

The study revealed that heated honey (>140°C) mixed with ghee produces HMF which may produce deleterious effects and act as a poison in due course

Last edited:

ExCarniv

Your honey should crystallize. I talked to one of my beekeepers and she said the Europeans (I'm in the US) only buy crystallized honey because that means it's real.

True, I only buy crystallized honey and is the only one that I don't react bad, regular liquid honey always gaves me some allergic reaction.

lampofred

In yesterday's interview with Patrick Timpone, RP said that heated honey is toxic and should be avoided.

boris

@lampofred did they go into detail about what causes the toxicity? 140 celcius from the study is pretty high temp. I wonder if adding raw honey to coffee or tea has a negative effect.

lampofred

@lampofred did they go into detail about what causes the toxicity? 140 celcius from the study is pretty high temp. I wonder if adding raw honey to coffee or tea has a negative effect.

I think it was something about how heat damages the trace amino acids that are in honey and makes them toxic or something along those lines.

I have a jar of honey at home in my cabinet and it still didn't crystallize. I love the taste of it, but it makes me feel so strange after consuming. It's sad, because I love honey, but it's good to know that it may be because it was either pasteurized or because it's fake. Of course, maybe I'm allergic to honey in general, but I'm open to trying real raw honey which is crystallized to see if it makes me feel good after eating it.

ExCarniv

I have a jar of honey at home in my cabinet and it still didn't crystallize. I love the taste of it, but it makes me feel so strange after consuming. It's sad, because I love honey, but it's good to know that it may be because it was either pasteurized or because it's fake. Of course, maybe I'm allergic to honey in general, but I'm open to trying real raw honey which is crystallized to see if it makes me feel good after eating it.

Back in the day I used to love honey, usually bought the regular liquid ones from the stores and gave me intense heartburn and acid reflux, till I started to buy non pasteurized, non filtered ones that crystalize and is like night and day, I eat it by spoonfuls and really like the taste, no issues.

Back in the day I used to love honey, usually bought the regular liquid ones from the stores and gave me intense heartburn and acid reflux, till I started to buy non pasteurized, non filtered ones that crystalize and is like night and day, I eat it by spoonfuls and really like the taste, no issues.
Awesome to hear that you can eat it without problems now!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals