Higher fasting blood glucose with a reverse diet

CMPnutrition

Hi All.

I have been working with a pro metabolically minded strength and conditioning coach on a reverse diet to improve muscle loss I experienced post Covid. I am a super small person have lost even more weight with this reverse diet. Started out at 1700 calories and am now at 1950 (just 4 weeks later) and lost 5 lbs in the process, now weighing close to 105 which is not ideal I want to put muscle on not loose it. Im 52 and post menopausal too. Since my last calorie increase I have been experiencing blood sugar spikes that I am not used to having. I have had super stable blood sugars for over a year and now my fasting BG is 103-109 and post prandial (90mins-2 hrs post ) is about the same 110 or under. I take thyroid could it be to too much T3 with the increase in energy from food? Ive tried Niacinamide which does not seem to do much and inositol. Would love any professional opinions on this. My sleep has gotten worse and am I exhibiting signs of "pre diabetes" like waking 2x or more to use bathroom in middle of night, shakiness after meals. I walk after every meal, train hard 4 days a week, keep stress low and try to use mostly fruit for my carb sources BUT since I am losing weight at this calorie load it is impossible to get enough from just fruits so I have used oat bran and some masa too.

Hi All.

I have been working with a pro metabolically minded strength and conditioning coach on a reverse diet to improve muscle loss I experienced post Covid. I am a super small person have lost even more weight with this reverse diet. Started out at 1700 calories and am now at 1950 (just 4 weeks later) and lost 5 lbs in the process, now weighing close to 105 which is not ideal I want to put muscle on not loose it. Im 52 and post menopausal too. Since my last calorie increase I have been experiencing blood sugar spikes that I am not used to having. I have had super stable blood sugars for over a year and now my fasting BG is 103-109 and post prandial (90mins-2 hrs post ) is about the same 110 or under. I take thyroid could it be to too much T3 with the increase in energy from food? Ive tried Niacinamide which does not seem to do much and inositol. Would love any professional opinions on this. My sleep has gotten worse and am I exhibiting signs of "pre diabetes" like waking 2x or more to use bathroom in middle of night, shakiness after meals. I walk after every meal, train hard 4 days a week, keep stress low and try to use mostly fruit for my carb sources BUT since I am losing weight at this calorie load it is impossible to get enough from just fruits so I have used oat bran and some masa too.
Do you eat meat? That works well for me to put on healthy muscle weight. When I don’t eat it for a length of time I lose weight. “Training hard” is not a Ray Peat recommended thing, so I would drop that.

Peatful

Hi All.

Why are you on thyroid?

Why are you restricting starch or dense caloric carbs?

Training hard four times a week is a stress.
You are seeing the results of this with your sleep.

And i believe too much supplemental thyroid is a stressor too….

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals