How Are You Standing Your Brooder Lamps?

SuperStressed

Is there a ready made fixture I can just buy to attach them to? they come with clamps so I was thinking a microphone stand (the horizontal part) but the light will possibly be too heavy

Last edited:

David PS

David PS

Only accepts 40 W tho. Does yours accept higher W?

I use an LED in the lamp desk. The mention of the microphone stand in the orginal post misdirected my thougths. The wattage is 17.2. see Orange & Red - Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm - LGS1

I have a second heavier fixture which is a brooder lamp with a ceramic socket that rests on the base of bar chair (41 inch height). It is pointed upward at a slight angle in a ceramic bowl. The bulb that I use in this second unit throws off quite a bit of heat. It is not very elegant but the arrangement works for me.

I put them on foil on my desk. I never leave my desk without turning them off. The desk stays cool.

OP
SuperStressed

SuperStressed

I put them on foil on my desk. I never leave my desk without turning them off. The desk stays cool.
Lol, I never though of just laying the brooder on a desk facing me. Foil is a good tip.
I bought a light stand (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096JYRY6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) Makes it easy to move to different locations around the house.
Thanks, so it's called a t bar. Do you need anything extra to attach the lamp or are you just slinging it over the bar?

Inaut

I bought a stand from Walmart for 2 lamps. Worth the money

Regina

Nice choices everybody.
I bought this thing:
https://www.amazon.com/Beurer-Infrared-Increases-Circulation-IL50/dp/B00IVPMZKE
kinda pricey but I got tired of the stands and cords...and don't always use them.
But this thing I use the whole time I sit at my computer.

Plus, one time I was walking up to my townhouse and saw how insane my house looked from the street. lol
The glowing red lights must've been the talk of the nabe. HAH!

mrchibbs

I use what I have, last year I fixed it on a wood shelf behind me, this year I just use the clamp to fasten it around another big standing lamp post.
The ideal would be to screw a shelf or piece of wood on the wall above your desk.

LucyL

Lol, I never though of just laying the brooder on a desk facing me. Foil is a good tip.

Thanks, so it's called a t bar. Do you need anything extra to attach the lamp or are you just slinging it over the bar?
I just use the clamps that came with the lights to clamp them on the bar.

freyasam

Do the clamps work to secure the light to the t-bar? In my experience those clamps don't always work well.

Some good ideas in this thread. I struggle with placing brooder bulbs.

LucyL

Do the clamps work to secure the light to the t-bar? In my experience those clamps don't always work well.

Some good ideas in this thread. I struggle with placing brooder bulbs.
It works well enough for me. They don't fall off the t-bar, but sometimes if you don't clamp them stably, they will sort of rotate down. Generally I don't have any problems though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals