How bad is a one-time xray of the entire spine?

Birdie

Years ago, I had my certification in radiology. We were always told to tell patients they got more radiation in airports than they would get from a few simple x-rays. And that the lead protective aprons would protect the patient's thyroid, ovaries etc.

However, thanks to Ray Peat, I've been enlightened. Now, when a dentist gives me that line, I reply that I avoid airport check-ins. However, I do have Ray's list of what to do the hour before, after the x-ray, and for the next few days.

I'll copy my notecard for you. I have used this routine myself, but never want to do ALL of it.

XRAYS:

15mg methylene blue
1000mg niacinamide
1000mg aspirin
400mg caffeine

all of the above taken 1hour before x-ray. "Any amounts would help", Ray.

Then, take for 3 days after x-ray.

Another time Ray added this:
Progesterone also helpful.
Redlight, thyroid, pregnenolone, CO2

Personally, I'd find a doctor that doesn't require an X-ray to tell what's going on with your spine. I would not consider this an urgent need for an X-ray, but rather a part of a treatment plan that doesn't consider the harm done by radiation. I'd save the X-rays for the time I need a root canal or some emergency.

Logan-

Years ago, I had my certification in radiology. We were always told to tell patients they got more radiation in airports than they would get from a few simple x-rays. And that the lead protective aprons would protect the patient's thyroid, ovaries etc.

However, thanks to Ray Peat, I've been enlightened. Now, when a dentist gives me that line, I reply that I avoid airport check-ins. However, I do have Ray's list of what to do the hour before, after the x-ray, and for the next few days.

I'll copy my notecard for you. I have used this routine myself, but never want to do ALL of it.

XRAYS:

15mg methylene blue
1000mg niacinamide
1000mg aspirin
400mg caffeine

all of the above taken 1hour before x-ray. "Any amounts would help", Ray.

Then, take for 3 days after x-ray.

Another time Ray added this:
Progesterone also helpful.
Redlight, thyroid, pregnenolone, CO2

Personally, I'd find a doctor that doesn't require an X-ray to tell what's going on with your spine. I would not consider this an urgent need for an X-ray, but rather a part of a treatment plan that doesn't consider the harm done by radiation. I'd save the X-rays for the time I need a root canal or some emergency.
Thanks for sharing that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals