How did vonderplanitz not get sick?

John mcclain

I know its nutz because he ate lots of raw fat and raw milk n organs...and not a coke or aspirin insight let alone a shredded carrot

He spent most of his time eating raw animal products, didn't he get sick at least once.
I find his story interesting, especially since he looked quite healthy and strong.
Aajonus is one of my heroes. To learn about the Primal way of eating you really need to read his books. "We Want to Live and The Recipe for Living Without a Disease". When I saw his videos and how amazing he looked for his age, his musculature, skin hair and the whites of his eyes. He also speaks the perfect way he does not hyperventilate. He did not go to the gym he did not lift weights yet looked enviable to many men his age in his bathing trunks. I have been following his primal diet in my own individualized way since 2014. It is most important to individualize any nutritional plan. Raw Primal has made the biggest difference nutritionally. Why? ENZYMES. When you take synthetic minerals or vitamins and eat cooked food and drink pasteurized milk you are taxing enzymes that are required for every biological function in the body, including breathing. Many people are already taxed to the max and have mineral deficiencies. We need enzymes to heal wounds, burns, scar tissue, injuries, overtraining and eating cooked food. When you eat primal it contains enzymes in its raw state so it is easier to get nutrients from raw with less toxic waste. I do hair mineral analysis and have over 600 hair tests in my database over the last 9 years. Everyone has a mineral imbalance. Long-term mineral deficiencies lead to chronic conditions. Stress - good or bad also burns up minerals and enzymes. Look at athletes, some of them burn out at the top of their game. Ray Peat talks about this principles as well, when you take thyroid hormone you need more calcium, protein, and minerals. The key to improving minerals is a good nutrient-dense diet not overly focused on supplementing T3, or thyroid glandular or testosterone. These can increase your metabolism but they also increase the need for more minerals and nutrients. Ladies raw meat will do wonders for chronic fatigue and help to regenerate your liver. How you live your life depends on the LIVER! All of this shows up on a hair test and eating raw animal products as long as they are grass-fed is 2nd to none. In Wellness!

Matestube

He spent most of his time eating raw animal products, didn't he get sick at least once.
I find his story interesting, especially since he looked quite healthy and strong.

As long as the meat is raw, never frozen and never cooked, you won't get sick.
All the meat and organs I ate raw straight from my quality butcher, I never got sick.
I only got sick from cooked meats at the restaurant.

I even fermented raw liver on my balcony during winter. 3 months in a jar, airing it every 2 days.
It was green with white fur.
Ate around a pound of it throughout a week and didn't feel the slightest discomfort.

OP
BlackMolasses

BlackMolasses

As long as the meat is raw, never frozen and never cooked, you won't get sick.
All the meat and organs I ate raw straight from my quality butcher, I never got sick.
I only got sick from cooked meats at the restaurant.

I even fermented raw liver on my balcony during winter. 3 months in a jar, airing it every 2 days.
It was green with white fur.
Ate around a pound of it throughout a week and didn't feel the slightest discomfort.
why did you do that ? Wasn't the taste repelling? If a piece of chicken stayed in my fridge a little too long I want to vomit so I can't even imagine your liver...

Limon9

There are anecdotes of him being violently ill at seminars or talks and having to cut his section short to go and vomit. Vonderplanitz's aesthetic (especially the exaggerated picture from his followers) is coded around an aversion to weakness, so you're never going to hear about this from them.

John mcclain

I too personally never got sick eating raw meat or raw liver or eggs...also ate meat which I aired for over a week smelled absolutely revolting my mrs was going nutz but it tasted lovely n not stomach pain....I say all that whilst I sitting on the toilet for the 4th time with bad cramps n direahea when all I ate this morning was 4 eggs scrambled??never felt like this with raw eggs...

Matestube

why did you do that ? Wasn't the taste repelling? If a piece of chicken stayed in my fridge a little too long I want to vomit so I can't even imagine your liver...

Why did I do that ?

Well you mentioned Vonderplanitz in your original post, meaning you are aware of his work and his claims that fermented raw meat is the greatest thing for your gut.
I read the same thing as you, so I tried it.

RealNeat

Because he was free from the disease known as germ theory.

Can

I tried raw eggs and they do seem to be easier on the digestive system than cooked eggs. Eating raw eggs makes me feel just as light as if I hadn't eaten anything, like they just pass through, while cooked eggs sit more noticeably in my stomach. I love the taste of raw egg yolks, while not particularly being drawn to raw egg whites, so I always soft-boil eggs to make the whites hard and keep the yolk soft, or just add the raw egg yolk on foods, while separating and keeping the egg white for baking. There is certainly a difference there.

Didn't feel too well drinking a lot of store-bought, pasteurized milk. Maybe it'd be different with high quality raw milk? Possibly.

I am open to try out other animal foods raw like milk and meat, but am uncomfortable with using the conventionally bought meat or the raw milk I can get in my area, as I don't know how good the hygiene is in those places. There are people claiming that there is little to no danger even in eating those foods raw, and I did see a video of a guy eating conventional meat from discounters (so not even organic) all raw for years while looking healthy and vibrant, but there is still a blockage in me to try that kind of stuff. Might change my mind at some point, but not yet.

Anyways, I am certainly open to the possibility that raw foods, due to enzymes or whatever, are beneficial in ways pasteurized foods aren't. But some benefits likely also come the other way around. I agree that Vonderplanitz looked quite healthy - I think it's about finding what works best for oneself individually, and that may vary quite drastically for different people.

Last edited:

Can

I tried raw eggs and they do seem to be easier on the digestive system than cooked eggs. Eating raw eggs makes me feel just as light as if I hadn't eaten anything, like they just pass through, while cooked eggs sit more noticeably in my stomach.

Regarding this feeling: I just found this video from @Hans where he explains that raw egg whites are only partially digested - that explains why they feel like they pass through my digestive system more easily, as they aren't digested as thoroughly as cooked egg whites.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkT8ZYGOR0

Matestube

I tried raw eggs and they do seem to be easier on the digestive system than cooked eggs. Eating raw eggs makes me feel just as light as if I hadn't eaten anything, like they just pass through, while cooked eggs sit more noticeably in my stomach. I love the taste of raw egg yolks, while not particularly being drawn to raw egg whites, so I always soft-boil eggs to make the whites hard and keep the yolk soft, or just add the raw egg yolk on foods, while separating and keeping the egg white for baking. There is certainly a difference there.

Didn't feel too well drinking a lot of store-bought, pasteurized milk. Maybe it'd be different with high quality raw milk? Possibly.

I am open to try out other animal foods raw like milk and meat, but am uncomfortable with using the conventionally bought meat or the raw milk I can get in my area, as I don't know how good the hygiene is in those places. There are people claiming that there is little to no danger even in eating those foods raw, and I did see a video of a guy eating conventional meat from discounters (so not even organic) all raw for years while looking healthy and vibrant, but there is still a blockage in me to try that kind of stuff. Might change my mind at some point, but not yet.

Anyways, I am certainly open to the possibility that raw foods, due to enzymes or whatever, are beneficial in ways pasteurized foods aren't. But some benefits likely also come the other way around. I agree that Vonderplanitz looked quite healthy - I think it's about finding what works best for oneself individually, and that may vary quite drastically for different people.

Oh yeah, you have no idea how good raw milk makes you feel compared to pasteurized milk.

Matestube

Regarding this feeling: I just found this video from @Hans where he explains that raw egg whites are only partially digested - that explains why they feel like they pass through my digestive system more easily, as they aren't digested as thoroughly as cooked egg whites.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkT8ZYGOR0

That's a complete myth that's being perpetrated over and over, just like the myth that raw egg whites prevent the absorption of biotin.

yerrag

That's a complete myth that's being perpetrated over and over, just like the myth that raw egg whites prevent the absorption of biotin.
I'm open to that idea of it being a myth. But other than you, who else do you know that agrees with you and even give a convincing argument to back up what you say?

As you know, I am really tired of the Talmudist effect on modern medicine starting out with the Flexner Report close to a century ago, which planted the seeds of turning us inot sick masses.

Matestube

I'm open to that idea of it being a myth. But other than you, who else do you know that agrees with you and even give a convincing argument to back up what you say?

As you know, I am really tired of the Talmudist effect on modern medicine starting out with the Flexner Report close to a century ago, which planted the seeds of turning us inot sick masses.

Who else : all the raw carnivore community

Argument : why would nature **** up ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals