How high can you push the calcium:phosphorus ratio

sun-maid

Hi,

I was wondering if you could push the calcium:phosphorus ratio very high (like 5:1 or more). Would it completely shut down the PTH ?

Thank you

meatbag

Hi,

I was wondering if you could push the calcium:phosphorus ratio very high (like 5:1 or more). Would it completely shut down the PTH ?

Thank you
Jesus served his followers bread, fish, and water
End of discussion

Beastmode

Hi,

Thank you

Minus what the weirdo posted above, is that kind of ratio even possible? Seems like everything has phosphate in it.

OP
S

sun-maid

Minus what the weirdo posted above, is that kind of ratio even possible? Seems like everything has phosphate in it.

Yeah, with food only it's probably impossible, but if you include eggs or oyster shell (or calcium carbonate). It's easily doable.

Beastmode

Yeah, with food only it's probably impossible, but if you include eggs or oyster shell (or calcium carbonate). It's easily doable.I d

I don't think most people's guts could handle those forms at such high amounts. Interesting thought though. I think it might be a bit "overkill" to attain that ratio, plus it's probably better to get calcium from foods just like caffeine from coffee, not a supplement. I know egg shells are a form of food, but that's quite a bit.

tankasnowgod

Hi,

Thank you

I don't know if it would "completely" shut down PTH, but using high amounts of supplemental calcium can potentially be beneficial. I posted some studies recently where doses of up to 17.5 g of Calcium Carbonate were used for a month or two, and subjects generally seemed to see benefits, but they also had kidney issues, and higher phosphate levels, I believe. Longer term, I've seen doses of up to 6g used for about a year.

I think it will depend. Peat told a story about a baseball player who had lots of broken bones who took a teaspoon of eggshell calcium a day for a few months, and never had that problem again. If you came from a high phosphate diet (like low carb or carnivore), supplemental forms and that high a ratio may be beneficial for a time. Some people can get 5-10 times the phosphate easily on those types of diets.

Over the course of years, I would think you would want to get closer to 1:1, or maybe a little higher like the ratio in milk.

baccheion

Ca:P ratio is based on A : D3 ratio. More D3 = less calcium. A = better absorption of sodium, potassium, and phosphorus. Look at human breast milk vs. cow milk. PUFAs also increase phosphorus absorption.

For keto/carnivore diets, the ratio is 1 : 1 : 3 : 3 calcium:phosphorus:potassium:sodium.

Nomane Euger

Ca:P ratio is based on A : D3 ratio. More D3 = less calcium. A = better absorption of sodium, potassium, and phosphorus. Look at human breast milk vs. cow milk. PUFAs also increase phosphorus absorption.

For keto/carnivore diets, the ratio is 1 : 1 : 3 : 3 calcium:phosphorus:potassium:sodium.
perdon me my keybord is broken there is some missing keys on it,i let you ssume ich letters re missing.hy ould the rtio be this one for keto crivore?

mariantos

perdon me my keybord is broken there is some missing keys on it,i let you ssume ich letters re missing.hy ould the rtio be this one for keto crivore?
What kind of games do you play that made you so angry? Did you spill anything on the keyboard? Do you miss only a, w and n?

Nomane Euger

What kind of games do you play that made you so angry? Did you spill anything on the keyboard? Do you miss only a, w and n?
legue of legend,i broke 2 keybords,i got third one tht s lredy broken.ye i miss the ones on the extrem left

mariantos

legue of legend,i broke 2 keybords,i got third one tht s lredy broken.ye i miss the ones on the extrem left
I understand you, when I used to play games, I changed the keyboards and mice every few months, I had become a master at using the PC without a mouse when it was missing for a few days until I decided to buy a new one. The only advice, stay calm, and if you still explode at the moment, buy cheap peripherals, so you don't get too sad, as if you had spent more on them.

Nomane Euger

I understand you, when I used to play games, I changed the keyboards and mice every few months, I had become a master at using the PC without a mouse when it was missing for a few days until I decided to buy a new one. The only advice, stay calm, and if you still explode at the moment, buy cheap peripherals, so you don't get too sad, as if you had spent more on them.
im just gonn stop,every time i restrt video gmes,the first dys defet is tolerble,t some point loosing specificlly in situtions here i bsolutly couldnt do nything frustrted to the point here i get surge of rth nd i punch either my keybord or my screen,lets not even tlk bout the negtive influence on my sex drive,hormones,drems...Etc.pure cstrtion,defet feel like one of the orst thing for my helth physicl nd mentl even hen its occsionl.lonely mnner to regin tolernce to defet is eting bunch of ripe fruits,either thn tht i cnt

David PS

Hi,

Thank you

Why do you want to do this?

OP
S

sun-maid

I don't know if it would "completely" shut down PTH, but using high amounts of supplemental calcium can potentially be beneficial. I posted some studies recently where doses of up to 17.5 g of Calcium Carbonate were used for a month or two, and subjects generally seemed to see benefits, but they also had kidney issues, and higher phosphate levels, I believe. Longer term, I've seen doses of up to 6g used for about a year.

I think it will depend. Peat told a story about a baseball player who had lots of broken bones who took a teaspoon of eggshell calcium a day for a few months, and never had that problem again. If you came from a high phosphate diet (like low carb or carnivore), supplemental forms and that high a ratio may be beneficial for a time. Some people can get 5-10 times the phosphate easily on those types of diets.

Over the course of years, I would think you would want to get closer to 1:1, or maybe a little higher like the ratio in milk.

I see. Well I'll try the 5:1 ratio for a while to see what happen. I'll make sure too take plenty of K2 too.

David PS

I have been getting around 5g everyday for the past week or two and I don't seems to notice any bad effect. Nothing good either.

The 5:1 ratio is not optium for bone health.

This reference made it clear to me that the calcium to phosphorous ratio of 1:1 that is discussed on this forum is a molar ratio. For a gram ratio that would be calcium to phosphorous ratio of 1.3 :1 or slightly above. The 5:1 ratio seems to be excessive in the long term.

Last edited:

Dr. B

doesnt D3 increase calcium?
i thought A increases absorption of potassium, magnesium and phosphorus whereas D3 boosts sodium and calcium... those things oppose each other. phosphorus/magnesium oppose calcium and potassium/sodium oppose each other. it wouldnt make sense for A to boost all those

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals