Ideal diet for oral health?

mantq

Hey everyone!

What would an ideal diet look like in orther to reminalize and emphasize oral health?

I've been experiencing some tooth decay and gum sensitivity on a 'peaty' diet.

I need a lot of calories (from 4000 to 5000) per day, I feel like sugar wrecks my teeth and am not sure what to do.

How could I fulfil my caloric needs while maintaining and perhaps improving my oral health?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Xin

Hey everyone!

What would an ideal diet look like in orther to reminalize and emphasize oral health?

I need a lot of calories (from 4000 to 5000) per day, I feel like sugar wrecks my teeth and am not sure what to do.

How could I fulfil my caloric needs while maintaining and perhaps improving my oral health?

This is not really peat but I've seen tremendous health improvement by reducing starches and sugar.

You can gain weight with a high fat shake.

Coconut, coconut milk, low gylcemix index fruits, mct oil, coconut oil, walnuts and honey. Add in some cacao and vanilla drops and you got a caloric dense shake that's not too bad for your oral microbiome granted you do not abuse the honey (this one is controversial)

Truth

Hey everyone!

Hi, you mentioned what you eat about some of what you eat in one of your other comments? What other fruits do you eat? I suggest you experiment without frozen mangoes, they could contribute to your cavities and gum sensitivity

Last edited:

Mr Joe

Hey everyone!

What I have found is that oral health depends on your global health (so thyroid mainly and CO22 production). The more high metabolic you will be, the more quality saliva you will produce thus your mouth will always be in basic (low acidity) environment. When you start the "peat diet" while low metabolic (which contain lot of sugar and acid food live orange juice), you might experience tooth decay because your saliva is not that good, metabolism is recovering and still low, and vitamin K / calcium is not optimal. So the best thing to do while you are recovering is to get some water put some baking soda inside and rince your mouth after every acid / sugar food you have. Increase vitamin K intake and fix thyroid. CO2 and aspirin are also positive in my opinion ! Good luck

Snicky

I think I am having some of the same.
I currently am oil pulling and using a water flosser with tea tree oil ir similar. I was putting some honey on my gums.
I do take vit E occasionally.

Before reading this last night I was thinking that I am not producing enough saliva. Also, I think I may be Vit D and K deficient.

I might try aspirin and Vit d+k2 supplementation but am guessing I may have to cut back on sugar and try the baking soda rinses… I’m seeing the dentist on Wednesday.

Last year before learning the Peat stuff, I got tooth decay… I switched to 1-2 quarts of raw milk a day, cut out oats, started doing more cheese, and also began brushing again w/ coconut oil, ca/mg, baking soda, etc. The tooth sensitivity went away.

Anyone else have other recommrndations to increase saliva?

Don

What I have found is that oral health depends on your global health (so thyroid mainly and CO22 production). The more high metabolic you will be, the more quality saliva you will produce thus your mouth will always be in basic (low acidity) environment. When you start the "peat diet" while low metabolic (which contain lot of sugar and acid food live orange juice), you might experience tooth decay because your saliva is not that good, metabolism is recovering and still low, and vitamin K / calcium is not optimal. So the best thing to do while you are recovering is to get some water put some baking soda inside and rince your mouth after every acid / sugar food you have. Increase vitamin K intake and fix thyroid. CO2 and aspirin are also positive in my opinion ! Good luck
Well stated man ! This should be rule #1 when starting peaty. I came from carnivore and after starting peaty my teeth health got so bad.

youngsinatra

Most importantly, avoid dry mouth and make sure your saliva flow is good.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The Ray Peat diet has destroyed many peoples teeth, including Ray Peats teeth and his jawline was literally melting when he died. The Ray Peat diet is extremely toxic to the liver due to poison "vitamin A" and other suggestions he makes which sets people up for degeneration. Look at the cope in this short thread of people making excuses for their teeth health turning south eating a Ray Peat diet. Run as fast as you can from the Ray Peat diet.

FitnessMike

my gut feeling tells me that nutrient density is important, since I started eating rich food iv had no cavities, I went to the dentist a year ago for a checkup and nothing to see, which was 7 from the last checkup.

OP
mantq

mantq

The Ray Peat diet has destroyed many peoples teeth, including Ray Peats teeth and his jawline was literally melting when he died. The Ray Peat diet is extremely toxic to the liver due to poison "vitamin A" and other suggestions he makes which sets people up for degeneration. Look at the cope in this short thread of people making excuses for their teeth health turning south eating a Ray Peat diet. Run as fast as you can from the Ray Peat diet.
I came to this conclusion a year or so ago, but was somewhat coping myself I guess.. What does your diet look like nowadays if I may ask?

OP
mantq

mantq

Just to add.. I've looked and felt best on a low carb diet, oral health and skin health - top tier..

GreekDemiGod

I think the basics should be avoiding snacking as much as possible. Have 3-4 solid meals in a day, and don't eat or drink anything between meals except water. You want to minimize acid exposure.
Also regular brushing with a soft brush, flossing every night before bed, making sure no pieces of food are left.
When you do snack or drink juice or alcohol, make sure to rinse with water thoroughly soon after.

PopSocket

Just to add.. I've looked and felt best on a low carb diet, oral health and skin health - top tier..
Same. Carnivore/keto made me look best and had 0 teeth problems for a decade straight but I lost my sleep after awhile. On Peat inspired diet I fixed my sleep but I am getting a couple issues (nothing serious for now) with my teeth especially at the back that go together with seb dermatitis spot on the scalp and a little dandruff.

Acid foods seem to be the worst for oral health with orange juice being really really bad even when sweet and freshly squeezed from top quality oranges. Cola seems to be the worst - even just 1 can of Cola makes my teeth feel extremely bad for a few days afterwards as if they are about to rot or something. And I don't drink often, using is as a once a month thing. Can't imagine anyone keeping their teeth with regular cola intake.

Vit k2 seems to make things worse for me, not better, as if it is pulling minerals OUT of the teeth and putting it somewhere else ??? What the hell ? Thank god my body is still healthy to a degree and when I stop the bad foods/and supplements/ my teeth seem to remineralize relatively fast and those cavities at the back seem to shrink. The body is fighting to keep its original form for now.

Now I am on a new low vit A diet due to @charlie and other pointing out the obvious downsides of Peaty diets and hopefully those issues will resolve in a few months time. No OJ or cola, sugar or any of this sort of junk for me anymore. Vit A can indeed play a role in this.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What was your diet like on the low carb diet?

OP
mantq

mantq

What was your diet like on the low carb diet?
Lean ground beef (93/7) 500-600g, 1.5% skimmed milk 1L, 5 eggs, fruits (bananas, pineapples or mangoes, occasional apples), cottage cheese 400g with honey. That's about it, carbs coming only from dairy, fruit and honey, I believe it was under 200g and perhaps even under 150g of net carbs. I was looking and feeling great, however, at times felt like I'm undereating a little, it is relatively hard getting enough calories this way (when restricting carbs to a degree).
I think the basics should be avoiding snacking as much as possible. Have 3-4 solid meals in a day, and don't eat or drink anything between meals except water. You want to minimize acid exposure.
Also regular brushing with a soft brush, flossing every night before bed, making sure no pieces of food are left.
When you do snack or drink juice or alcohol, make sure to rinse with water thoroughly soon after.
Great tips, makes sense! Thanks for that!
Same. Carnivore/keto made me look best and had 0 teeth problems for a decade straight but I lost my sleep after awhile. On Peat inspired diet I fixed my sleep but I am getting a couple issues (nothing serious for now) with my teeth especially at the back that go together with seb dermatitis spot on the scalp and a little dandruff.

Acid foods seem to be the worst for oral health with orange juice being really really bad even when sweet and freshly squeezed from top quality oranges. Cola seems to be the worst - even just 1 can of Cola makes my teeth feel extremely bad for a few days afterwards as if they are about to rot or something. And I don't drink often, using is as a once a month thing. Can't imagine anyone keeping their teeth with regular cola intake.

Vit k2 seems to make things worse for me, not better, as if it is pulling minerals OUT of the teeth and putting it somewhere else ??? What the hell ? Thank god my body is still healthy to a degree and when I stop the bad foods/and supplements/ my teeth seem to remineralize relatively fast and those cavities at the back seem to shrink. The body is fighting to keep its original form for now.

Now I am on a new low vit A diet due to @charlie and other pointing out the obvious downsides of Peaty diets and hopefully those issues will resolve in a few months time. No OJ or cola, sugar or any of this sort of junk for me anymore. Vit A can indeed play a role in this.
I'm also thinking of trying low vit A diet, it certainly is compelling. I'd need to get rid of eggs and most importantly.. dairy, as I consume lots of it and am loving it.. Hard to imagine getting enough calories dairy and starch free (I don't do well with starches)..

PopSocket

I'm also thinking of trying low vit A diet, it certainly is compelling. I'd need to get rid of eggs and most importantly.. dairy, as I consume lots of it and am loving it.. Hard to imagine getting enough calories dairy and starch free (I don't do well with starches)..
me too regarding starches. I had to find a good source for Sourdough Bread that ferment the bread for 24h. Works fine for now. A little worried for the long term on grains.

Roni123@

for my the high carb (only starch ) low fat diet strengthen my face bones and my teeth, no sensitivity

the micronutrients and especialy the insulin has great effect in bones and is good for liver glycogen, insulin stimulate liver glycogen and increase t3 production

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
My teeth have always suffered when I include honey in my diet. And recently eating some pears caused the same increase in plaque. I think it is the higher fructose content causing some problems in my gut. Apples don't seem to give me the same problems. Phosphoric acid in coca cola and other soft drinks is always hard on teeth.

Snicky

My teeth have always suffered when I include honey in my diet. And recently eating some pears caused the same increase in plaque. I think it is the higher fructose content causing some problems in my gut. Apples don't seem to give me the same problems. Phosphoric acid in coca cola and other soft drinks is always hard on teeth.
This is helpful to hear because I have been eating a lot of honey and pears lately so maybe that helps explain these small patches of gingivitis flares that are really out of the norm for me. I might cut out both for several days and see…

Osukhan

Lean ground beef (93/7) 500-600g, 1.5% skimmed milk 1L, 5 eggs, fruits (bananas, pineapples or mangoes, occasional apples), cottage cheese 400g with honey. That's about it, carbs coming only from dairy, fruit and honey, I believe it was under 200g and perhaps even under 150g of net carbs. I was looking and feeling great, however, at times felt like I'm undereating a little, it is relatively hard getting enough calories this way (when restricting carbs to a degree).
almost my diet now and i refer to it as my high carb diet, lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals