Low Toxin Lifestyle If Your Guru is Not Living to at Least 100 Years Old, They are Doing it Wrong

kaybb

It is Written that we can live to be 120 years old. So if you guru is dying of a stroke, heart attack or some other natural cause under 100 years old then something is wrong with their advice if they followed the lifestyle they preached. It should probably be closer to 110 years old but I am being generous here.
Do we know what killed Ray Peat?
And is carrot salad out now?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

hierundjetzt

It's true they only have carotenoids, but the pro-vitamin carotenoids are counted as vitamin A in the nomenclature.

From wikipedia: "The term "vitamin A" encompasses a group of chemically related organic compounds that includes retinol, retinal (also known as retinaldehyde), retinoic acid, and several provitamin (precursor) carotenoids, most notably beta-carotene."

That is not true, unfortunately. It's a myth. There are several case reports and studies that report continued conversion to retinol on a diet high in carotenoids.

The body does not stop the absorption and conversion of pro-vitamin a carotenoids in any meaningful way.

I don't know who came up with this concept, because in the 20th century it was still well-known that carrots are as dangerous as liver for pregnant women.

The toxicity of beta-carotene is often time-delayed, which has led some researchers to believe that beta-carotene itself is not toxic. Beta-carotene has it's own toxicity i
First of all, just because it is "counted" by somebody in the nomenclature, does it in no way make it true. This is a well known mistake in the nomenclature.

As to your comment "That is not true, unfortunately. It's a myth. There are several case reports and studies that report continued conversion to retinol on a diet high in carotenoids.": I said that if the bosy is VITAMIN A DEFICIENT then the beta carotene is converted to vitamin A. In these studies apparently the subjects were not able to absorb the vitamin A correctly for some reason.

PS: regurgitating something from Wiki is really not scientific proof...

DKayJoe

Can anyone direct me to an example of a centennial human who advocates low vitamin A as the key to their success?

Gawdawg

It is Written that we can live to be 120 years old. So if you guru is dying of a stroke, heart attack or some other natural cause under 100 years old then something is wrong with their advice if they followed the lifestyle they preached. It should probably be closer to 110 years old but I am being generous here.
Where is it written?

Izzybelle

Can anyone direct me to an example of a centennial human who advocates low vitamin A as the key to their success?
IDK but I had a relative who was raised on a dairy farm, made jams and preserves from fruit trees in her yard, made fruitcakes and fruit pies, always cooked eggs for breakfast and cheeseburgers for lunch (with the buns toasted with butter in the oven) when we would visit, served well-cooked vegetables with dinner, caught and ate fish including plenty of shellfish, drank coffee like it was going out of style and said her secret was 'avoiding doctors'. She lived to be 103 on her own at her home and died at home with hospice care for her very last days.

hierundjetzt

IDK but I had a relative who was raised on a dairy farm, made jams and preserves from fruit trees in her yard, made fruitcakes and fruit pies, always cooked eggs for breakfast and cheeseburgers for lunch (with the buns toasted with butter in the oven) when we would visit, served well-cooked vegetables with dinner, caught and ate fish including plenty of shellfish, drank coffee like it was going out of style and said her secret was 'avoiding doctors'. She lived to be 103 on her own at her home and died at home with hospice care for her very last days.
Maybe I still don't completely understand this new low vitamin A diet, but your relative does not seem to have been on one.

GreekDemiGod

Diet probably is much less important for longevity that we’d like to believe. All you have to do is avoid the biggest causes of death, like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer…and don’t be fat.
Purpose matters more. Having something to live for.
It’s all in your mind.
If you believe that your diet is the healthiest one, you will live longer. If you fear that your diet is toxic, you will be affected greatly by it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals