Increase motivation, drive to succeed, aggresively go after your goals

GreekDemiGod

Like many of us in here, I have certain goals and aspirations in this life. Low thyroid / metabolism has made it difficult and harder to achieve these goals. I've probably been hypothyroid since childhood. Some days, I feel this intense of surge of motivation, drive, euphoria thinking that everything I want is possible. But the next day, I am tired again and simply lack the energy to do basic body care and house care tasks.
This whole philosophy of avoiding stress that we adopt on this forum, tends to lead us into inaction, into being complacent, into humbling ourselves and settling for less. We may invoke our state of health as an excuse. I'm still glad I adopted the Peat principles, 2021 was factually the best year of my life on both dating / finances. Yet I am still not satisfied and want more.

Would you rater be bald and a millionaire or head full of hair & living paycheck to paycheck? That's the dillema.
A low metabolism degrades your cognitive function so it literally makes you dumber, making everything even more difficult that it should be.

I think High Thyroid + High Testosterone is the key. I see many reports of guys discovering they have low T, and instead of wasting years of trying to optimize it naturally, they go on TRT and their life changes.
What I want to discuss in this thread is strategies, supplements to achieve this specific state of being a man of action.

Last edited:

Hermes

It's a timely thread, and I'm glad you opened up the discussion. Unfortunately, I can't offer much insight because my health isn't near where I want it to be either. I've experienced how relevant sleep is, and it's still a hit and miss. For instance, high dose Fisetin up to 2'000 mg has given me great sleep for a couple of days, and the world looks different, the entire mindset changes. Aside from sleep, warm body temperature can also make all the difference in motivation, outlook of life and mental clarity.

I agree a low metabolism is a heavy burden, it's as if shackles are chained to your feet when all you want is to walk freely, explore the environment, and make it in the world. So I can totally relate to your aspiring goals, and yet the struggles you meet to get closer to them when health makes it even more challenging as they are already.

opethfeldt

I don't need to be a millionaire to be happy but to each their own. If anything, the stress avoidance excuse that this lifestyle gave me is what led me to realizing money really isn't that important for my personal happiness. I've broken my attachment to "stuff" and that's been very liberating. Sometimes contenting yourself with less is a positive thing.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I don't need to be a millionaire to be happy but to each their own. If anything, the stress avoidance excuse that this lifestyle gave me is what led me to realizing money really isn't that important for my personal happiness
Yeah, but I bet that if you were to lose your job for not being vaccinated, you would want that million, wouldn’t you?
Money is required to free us from the system.

To achieve that state, in my personal experience, I have to be very careful with my diet and to eat enormous quantities of sugar with low fat, which is not the most appetizing meal. Due to high stress in my childhood, I developed a body who can´t oxidize properly glucose, so now I have to put more effort to it.
Now if I get over 60g of fat, I get a bit tired and my baseline level of dopamine decreases. What helps are B vitamins, but you know, I can't take them all my life.
Another very important thing is to avoid dairy, wheat and all kind of grains, even starch. These foods make me sluggish and aphathethic all the time.
Before descovering these things, I knew that I had a cortisol issue so I started taking progesterone which helped me a lot. My sleep quality didn't improve, even if my cortisol was low, that's mostly because my blood sugar was all time low during the night and I didn't know that I need at least 150g of carbs before going to sleep. Good thing about progesterone is that made my life easier, my brain function was faster, concentration improved dramatically and dissociation dissapeared.

To get that high dopamine, energy, motivation and low inflamation I have to follow these rules, which are not easy:
1. My source of carbs are from Jam, Honey and Sucrose. I can't starch. The thing is that I can´t mix them with milk, so I have to eat them without nothing, that´s why it´s important to get high quality gem.
2. Eat every 1-2 hours. I always have to keep a cherry jar with me.
3. Limit amount of fat to 50g. My carb intake is above 350g, for optimal results I usually go around 450g. Protein at least 100g.
4. 2 tablespoons of sugar in my coffee are not enough, I still get stress reaction. Usually half jar of gem is enough with a coffee. If I don't follow this rule, I get insomnia.
5. To get the required amount of calcium I have to drink 2 liters of carbonated water, which contain 700 mg and some suplimentation.

Jerkboy

A lot of succesful people seem to have a good metabolism from parents who had OK-to good metabolism for sure. I think a lot of people need to clean their body a bit of the toxic lifestyles they had in the past. Maybe also inhereted from family. I know I did.

Maybe replacing all hormones can work. But long term this can cause issues. E.g. taking thyroid with testosterone or taking progesterone with testosterone (credits go to gbolduev).

Or you need to eat a specific diet which helps your current metabolic state. Find foods that work well and then build on them.

Sometimes letting go of all diets can also work. Even if you get a bit fatter or whatever. I have met a few succesful people who had a few vices and those vices seemed to help them. E.g. nicotine, alcohol, energy drinks, eating schedule, etc. Even eating junkfood and so called bad foods.

I have taken TRT a long time ago and the energy it gave me was crazy. Straight up energy to become succesful. Only thing is I still had health issues underneath. TRT did not magically evaporate them. But I do notice not everybody gets this effect. Plenty of guys become more lazy on TRT, demotivated, etc. That is why you also need the other hormones.

Nomane Euger

To achieve that state, in my personal experience, I have to be very careful with my diet and to eat enormous quantities of sugar with low fat, which is not the most appetizing meal. Due to high stress in my childhood, I developed a body who can´t oxidize properly glucose, so now I have to put more effort to it.
Now if I get over 60g of fat, I get a bit tired and my baseline level of dopamine decreases. What helps are B vitamins, but you know, I can't take them all my life.
Another very important thing is to avoid dairy, wheat and all kind of grains, even starch. These foods make me sluggish and aphathethic all the time.
Before descovering these things, I knew that I had a cortisol issue so I started taking progesterone which helped me a lot. My sleep quality didn't improve, even if my cortisol was low, that's mostly because my blood sugar was all time low during the night and I didn't know that I need at least 150g of carbs before going to sleep. Good thing about progesterone is that made my life easier, my brain function was faster, concentration improved dramatically and dissociation dissapeared.

To get that high dopamine, energy, motivation and low inflamation I have to follow these rules, which are not easy:
1. My source of carbs are from Jam, Honey and Sucrose. I can't starch. The thing is that I can´t mix them with milk, so I have to eat them without nothing, that´s why it´s important to get high quality gem.
2. Eat every 1-2 hours. I always have to keep a cherry jar with me.
3. Limit amount of fat to 50g. My carb intake is above 350g, for optimal results I usually go around 450g. Protein at least 100g.
4. 2 tablespoons of sugar in my coffee are not enough, I still get stress reaction. Usually half jar of gem is enough with a coffee. If I don't follow this rule, I get insomnia.
5. To get the required amount of calcium I have to drink 2 liters of carbonated water, which contain 700 mg and some suplimentation.
hi,if you feel higher dopamine/testosterone/motivation/enthousiasme/joy after eating sugar,you oxidize sugar properly to a certain degree,either way you would feel bad,you didnt develop a body that cant oxidize glucose.did you notice a significant difference with the carbonated water?

Nomane Euger

Like many of us in here, I have certain goals and aspirations in this life. Low thyroid / metabolism has made it difficult and harder to achieve these goals. I've probably been hypothyroid since childhood. Some days, I feel this intense of surge of motivation, drive, euphoria thinking that everything I want is possible. But the next day, I am tired again and simply lack the energy to do basic body care and house care tasks.
This whole philosophy of avoiding stress that we adopt on this forum, tends to lead us into inaction, into being complacent, into humbling ourselves and settling for less. We may invoke our state of health as an excuse. I'm still glad I adopted the Peat principles, 2021 was factually the best year of my life on both dating / finances. Yet I am still not satisfied and want more.

Would you rater be bald and a millionaire or head full of hair & living paycheck to paycheck? That's the dillema.
A low metabolism degrades your cognitive function so it literally makes you dumber, making everything even more difficult that it should be.

I think High Thyroid + High Testosterone is the key. I see many reports of guys discovering they have low T, and instead of wasting years of trying to optimize it naturally, they go on TRT and their life changes.
What I want to discuss in this thread is strategies, supplements to achieve this specific state of being a man of action.
Hi,To me,things that increase significantly phenomenons that I attribute to testosterone/dopamine/ such as high motivation,high enthousiasme,high stress resilience,very deep vibrant voice,strong posture,à feeling in my chest and torso muscles that that are loaded with energy ready to fire,even when I don’t work out,fullness/peacefulness of mind,total confidence with women’s,womens from all ages starting a convo with me in the street and manifesting interest either sexual,or friendly.high strength/explosivity,great dreams involving flying dreams and sex dreams,creativity and sense of humor,are very very ripe fruits such as oranges,certaine varieties of watermelon,coconut water,honey if enough ripe fruits/coconut water eaten,grass fed
Grass finished young lamb/veal kidneys.i avoid any food that don’t make per
feel better or make’ me feel worst,such as starches/dry fruits like dattes and any other processs food.walking in an appreciable environnement,intense light,in the winter basic artificial light have great benefits better than the sun.doing things that you want to do when you want
To do them,living spontaneously,interacting with novels peoples.sleep is accessory,even with an awfull night I feel great if I apply the things I listed.winning as much as possible and loosing as little as possible,in anything you do,avoid frustrationand bad feeelings related to impotency related to the given context.considerringwhat you wrote in your log these past months,your diet is very low in calcium if you get around 1.2g per week,for me calcium and other alkaline minerals feel
Crucial,everything get worst when I don’t eat these minerals rich foods and eat a lot of sugar,Ray peat and mindful peoples have amphasize strongly how important it is to get calcium for energy and for testosterone,you don’t need high calcium
To feel
Manly,from my experience to feel all the positive phenomenons i listed calcium is crucial.you also said on
Your log that you noticed you developed a very mild case of gyno,I would investigate either foods that can be estrogenic such as dattes,5 ar inhibitors in certains foods,that increase aromatase and cause this and
Make
You feel worst,and higher Lactic acid@/C02 du to to much carbs relative to minerals rich foods.when I eat enough very ripe fruits/coconut water I can eat 500 grammes of honey a day feel incredible and experience all the positive effects I listed,when Idont eat enough of these minerals rich foods I start to feel bad pretty quickly
With the same
Honey even at 100 grammes after a few days.i witness it daily with my family members and mates,i give them a
Coconut and some honey their’voice Goes from low energy acute weak voice with out vibration,perceivable anxiety to different degrees, to very high deep vibrant voice and a lot of enthousiasme,way more
Competitivity.wish you the best,if your environnement doesn’t make you feel
Good and you have experience enough with these factors in different contexts,it’s not the optimal thing for you at these very moments in these very context,don’t force things if you don’t notice benefits or feel worst.temperature of foods,temperature of your environnement is important also.

Last edited:

redsun

I've heard good things about histamine for motivation. Paging @redsun @Lokzo
Way more complicated but higher histamine activity is part of it. Serotonin, endogenous opioid activity, glutamate/NMDA (which histamine enhances), all play a part. Lower serotonin and lower opioid activity will lead to more sex hormones and more dopamine activity. Glutamate activity is also very much needed for the increased brain energy and higher sex hormones, and this is a major way histamine promotes more drive. But there are many indirect ways histamine does this.

This is why some people eat a lot of ***t and junk food or just generally dont eat a restricted diet and are more motivated, driven, passionate than many health conscious people. They still have lower opioid and serotonin activity which disinhibits glutamate, dopamine, norepinephrine, histamine activity in the brain and still gives them higher sex hormones than many people here who lack motivation, drive, libido, passion for life, eating what they are told or they themselves believe what is healthy. Often these are extremely orthorexic ways of eating.

Also, don't get me wrong. I dont think everyone should be obsessed with climbing corporate ladders or otherwise obsessed with career, status, money, power, etc. Very few people's brains are built to handle and navigate this kind of life and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But everyone has the ability to be more passionate and get more out of life, no matter what your lifestyle is.

hi,if you feel higher dopamine/testosterone/motivation/enthousiasme/joy after eating sugar,you oxidize sugar properly to a certain degree,either way you would feel bad,you didnt develop a body that cant oxidize glucose.did you notice a significant difference with the carbonated water?
Probably yes, but sometimes it sedates me. It depends how good I sleep and how much fat I ate the day before. I am not fat and I eat a good amount of calories, so probably I am not that bad.
I get easily constipated and my bowel movements are not consistent, especially if I follow a no fiber diet. But with carbonated water I solved this issue, perfect bowel movements everyday.

Jennifer

Avoiding stress has taken a heck of a lot of action on my part and I definitely haven’t settled for less. Overcoming the suffering caused by a system that failed me and preventing future suffering has meant pushing through agony to walk again, spending years learning about the human body through a thick, hypo-induced brain fog, holding my ground when doctors wanted to play Frankenstein on me and my family with their toxic drugs and vaccines, spending hours sourcing the support our bodies need that isn’t reflected in the medical establishment’s crooked ranges, and tracking down “clean” food and establishing relationships with those who grow and raise it. If anything, because of my low metabolism, I was given an opportunity to raise my standards, and now they’ve have never been so high. The way I see it, health means resiliency and resiliency is not about never having a down day, it’s about whether or not we let it keep us down. It seems to me that this forum is made up of individuals who have chosen to get back up when life gives them every reason not to. The fact that they are here trying to better themselves, some with crippling diseases, is proof of that. When one has faced death, priorities can change but that doesn’t mean they’ve settled for a life of living pay check to pay check. The first and most important supplement I can think of for being a (hu)man of action would be choice—choose to be a (hu)man of action. We can take all the thyroid and T in the world but it first requires us choosing to do so.

golder

Avoiding stress has taken a heck of a lot of action on my part and I definitely haven’t settled for less. Overcoming the suffering caused by a system that failed me and preventing future suffering has meant pushing through agony to walk again, spending years learning about the human body through a thick, hypo-induced brain fog, holding my ground when doctors wanted to play Frankenstein on me and my family with their toxic drugs and vaccines, spending hours sourcing the support our bodies need that isn’t reflected in the medical establishment’s crooked ranges, and tracking down “clean” food and establishing relationships with those who grow and raise it. If anything, because of my low metabolism, I was given an opportunity to raise my standards, and now they’ve have never been so high. The way I see it, health means resiliency and resiliency is not about never having a down day, it’s about whether or not we let it keep us down. It seems to me that this forum is made up of individuals who have chosen to get back up when life gives them every reason not to. The fact that they are here trying to better themselves, some with crippling diseases, is proof of that. When one has faced death, priorities can change but that doesn’t mean they’ve settled for a life of living pay check to pay check. The first and most important supplement I can think of for being a (hu)man of action would be choice—choose to be a (hu)man of action. We can take all the thyroid and T in the world but it first requires us choosing to do so.
These are extremely important words, thank you. I, and no doubt many others, resonate with this massively.

-Luke-

Your story is probably the most inspiring I have read on this forum and this is a fantastic post. Well said!

Cloudhands

if you look at other primates and other predatory animals, they spend much of their time lounging and relaxing. i think that feeling a sense of lack without something like 1million dollars is brainwash by a culture with an insane sense of duty. yes we need money to get by, but only because we are apart of a damaged society that is ran by elites that have practically enslaved the world. compared to the 1%, youd still be poor even with 1million dollars. i think that having a decent amount of savings so that you can have a rainy day fund, having money invested, and living a modest life that allows you to have high quality food and amenities without working very hard is ideal. just my opinion though. i think that living life in accordance to the feeling of feeling small without 1million dollars will only perpatuate, and your ego will still feel small once you get that amount of money.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals