Ingrown toenails and fingers

Jing

Is there any vitamin or mineral deficiencies that can cause ingrown toenails and fingers? For years I've always had ingrown toenails on my two big toes but for the past few months I've been getting them on nearly all my fingers and thumbs and on my middle toes on both feet, my cutting technique hasn't changed so I'm not sure why I would suddenly develop them.

Herbie

Ray said that putting lidocaine on the nail can cause it it change that pattern of growth, also there is a way to cut them which prevents the nail growing that way.

linx

Forum Supporter
I have periods where I get lots of ingrown and/or hangnails. It usually seems to coincide with me trying some supplement that isn’t working for me. Sometimes if I’ve been avoiding gluten and I suddenly have some it triggers it as well. Maybe some sort of stress response or gut issue then?

OP
J

Jing

Ray said that putting lidocaine on the nail can cause it it change that pattern of growth, also there is a way to cut them which prevents the nail growing that way.
I don't think it's the way I'm cutting them as I'm cutting them the exact same I have all my life.

OP
J

Jing

I have periods where I get lots of ingrown and/or hangnails. It usually seems to coincide with me trying some supplement that isn’t working for me. Sometimes if I’ve been avoiding gluten and I suddenly have some it triggers it as well. Maybe some sort of stress response or gut issue then?
Yh maybe

Herbie

I don't think it's the way I'm cutting them as I'm cutting them the exact same I have all my life.
Yeah now that you have them, that method may stop them returning if you cut them in a way to prevent it happening again.

saene

I get i grown toenails when vitamin a is low when I take a little extra the problem corrects

EvanHinkle

I get them when my blood sugar gets high. When I get my blood sugar back under control they don’t occur at all. Do you have a blood glucose meter? You could check and see what your average blood sugar is about an hour after a meal.

lucid&alive

I think it's caused by inflammation of the surrounding tissue. Putting coconut oil with dissolved DHEA and progesterone works for me.

Peating4life

Purchase a 'blacks file' (a file designed to reshape the nail). utube will show you how to use it. Get shoes that give toes space.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals