Just Started Methylene Blue

Peater

I would not describe myself as a full-blown 'Peatarian' but I incorporate quite a lot of RP's ideas and work into my diet and life.

As I said in another thread, I had no idea MB was an RP approved supp - I'm familiar with aspirin, baking soda, and all the others.

Anyway, this stuff definitely does have effects at 1mg dosages - I remain unconvinced by the 60mcg placebo level dosages that I have seen on Longecity.

I've been taking it for about 3 days, so not long - the most prominent improvement I have just noticed earlier today is that I am sweating less, and the veins on the inner of my arm are not standing out at all as they normally do. I don't mind the vascular look at all, I was just surprised to see the difference.

It is early days so maybe the sweating will return, but I am stunned at the improvement. I have tried EVERYTHING, including buying a £260 iontophoresis machine (These do work, I have no complaints apart from the inconvenience)

I wonder if the vascularity decrease is related to less N.O.?

judge

should increase NO from what I have read. i do the 60-120 mcg dosages and i do get a bit more energy, no longer feel like i need a nap in the afternoon and i can stay up later, not that that is a good thing, but it shows i do get more energy with MB. it is suttle like most supplements.

I am curious to try higher dosages. keep us informed. i may up the dosage :)

RiverRoc

should increase NO from what I have read. i do the 60-120 mcg dosages and i do get a bit more energy, no longer feel like i need a nap in the afternoon and i can stay up later, not that that is a good thing, but it shows i do get more energy with MB. it is suttle like most supplements.

I recently decided to take a "tad" more.
"Tad" meaning three undiluted drops.
It seems to have a reverse effect at large doses.
I slept all afternoon...lol

OP
P

Peater

What concentration is your MB? At 2% mine is 1mg per drop

RiverRoc

Honestly, i haven't delved into the math part of it. Knowing that it's fairly safe at higher dosages, I've been using myself as a guinea pig.
The only adverse effects at higher dosages is, a dull headache and fatigue.
So I'm going to go ahead and follow the formulas from other's, who have actually been smart about it.
It's 2%.

DankMemes

Honestly, i haven't delved into the math part of it. Knowing that it's fairly safe at higher dosages, I've been using myself as a guinea pig.
The only adverse effects at higher dosages is, a dull headache and fatigue.
So I'm going to go ahead and follow the formulas from other's, who have actually been smart about it.
It's 2%.

Haidut mentioned that doses of 5mg+ give him migraines, probably due to elevated serotonin.

Methylene Blue (MB) Lowers Prolactin By Opposing Estrogen

tara

I had no idea MB was an RP approved supp
He's talked about it's effects. He's also said he doesn't recommend it for any thing that can be resolved with thyroid, progesterone, etc.

Not saying you should or shouldn't use it, just don't want readers to get the impression Peat recommends it to everyone.
I've used it in ~400mcg per day doses, and think it has given a slight energy lift.

sladerunner69

I would not describe myself as a full-blown 'Peatarian' but I incorporate quite a lot of RP's ideas and work into my diet and life.

As I said in another thread, I had no idea MB was an RP approved supp - I'm familiar with aspirin, baking soda, and all the others.

Anyway, this stuff definitely does have effects at 1mg dosages - I remain unconvinced by the 60mcg placebo level dosages that I have seen on Longecity.

I've been taking it for about 3 days, so not long - the most prominent improvement I have just noticed earlier today is that I am sweating less, and the veins on the inner of my arm are not standing out at all as they normally do. I don't mind the vascular look at all, I was just surprised to see the difference.

It is early days so maybe the sweating will return, but I am stunned at the improvement. I have tried EVERYTHING, including buying a £260 iontophoresis machine (These do work, I have no complaints apart from the inconvenience)

I want to share that I ahve seen a big vascularity decrease as well, which is kind of depressing as an avid bodybuilder and weightlifter. I never get anywhere near the pumps in the gym that I used to a few years before peating. However, I am actually stronger, and I ahve learned that NO can really be harmful and oxidizing and bad for your circulation because of the transprot of freeradicals and oxidants and such. I want to learn mroe about the negative effects of NO, but lowering serotonin definitely has a devasculization effect, no doubt.

OP
P

Peater

Is anyone aware of any issues with taking N-acetylcysteine alongside MB?

RiverRoc

I'm laughing as I'm typing, simply because I truly realize how much I have to learn. Everyone who has responded, obviously has been in this game, far longer than I.
I'm pretty much.. "Fly by the seat of my pants/ eh.. Who needs directions".
After reading through the posts, I've decided to start researching a heck of a lot more..

RiverRoc

I have noticed with Mb, there isn't much leeway with the dosage.
Too little.. Zilch. Too much.. You'll know.
I'm so new with it, I suppose I'll just have to find out what the right amount is, according to my weight and the effect I'm wanting it to have.

RiverRoc

Is anyone aware of any issues with taking N-acetylcysteine alongside MB?
Ya know.. I'm not sure. I suppose it would be good to research. Nac, seems to be good for so many things.. mood disorders, one of them.
I wonder if combining the two, would put you at risk for serotonin syndrome.
I wouldn't think so, but I seriously have no clue.. :/

OP
P

Peater

I have a feeling it might be best to cycle on/off supplements occasionally anyway, so on that basis I might just keep taking MB on it's own for now

pepsi

Haidut mentioned that doses of 5mg+ give him migraines, probably due to elevated serotonin.
That might explain why I feel really bad after I try it. I feel irritated and dont want to do much. It lasts for a couple of days before I go back to normal. I dont think I was taking much either, just a drop or two.

Gl;itch.e

That might explain why I feel really bad after I try it. I feel irritated and dont want to do much. It lasts for a couple of days before I go back to normal. I dont think I was taking much either, just a drop or two.
Start low and titrate up.

I think the better your metabolic/mitochondrial health the less MB you need and the easier it is to over do it. I can't handle more than about 500mcg in one dose without getting dull pressure type headaches. I found the sweet spot for me is about 250mcg taken once or twice a day. So try diluting your solution down so that each drop is roughly 50-100mcg and play with that till you find your sweet spot

judge

i must have good mitochondria because i get a nice gentle energy flow with the ultra low 6omcg dose once a day . It is very subtle, i just do not feel like taking my everyday afternoon nap after lunch anymore :happy: :thumbsup:

tara

I wonder if combining the two, would put you at risk for serotonin syndrome.
High doses of MB look to me like they could be risky if combined with other serotonin raising substances. Lower doses (<1mg) maybe no issue?

So try diluting your solution down so that each drop is roughly 50-100mcg and play with that till you find your sweet spot
I like this idea.

pepsi

Start low and titrate up.

I think the better your metabolic/mitochondrial health the less MB you need and the easier it is to over do it. I can't handle more than about 500mcg in one dose without getting dull pressure type headaches. I found the sweet spot for me is about 250mcg taken once or twice a day. So try diluting your solution down so that each drop is roughly 50-100mcg and play with that till you find your sweet spot

Thats interesting, I didnt know that might be the reason. I have haiduts product and the bottle states 1 drop contains 400 mcg of MB. I will dilute one drop and take 1/4th of that, so that should be about 100 mcg, well I will try half of that at first which should be about 50mcg and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals