Listerine cures Dandruff

Nickkk

Male, mid thirties, been following Ray peat ideas for past 2 years after coming off of keto/carnivore/ fasting band wagon. Always been in good shape, but definitely felt improvements in sleep, libido, body composition and athletic performance. Haven't done any blood work to confirm, just going what I feel and experience so take that for what it's worth.

Recently experimented with very low fat, high carb (starch/sugar), low to moderate protein for 3 months. Felt good for a little, ultimately needed to change things up. One thing I did get from it was Dandruff....never really dealt with that before. Ive heard of people trying aloe, I tried it and it didn't work. Still had lots of dandruff. I read somewhere that Listerine use to be used for a lot of different things back in the day. For past 2 weeks I'll take roughly 1/2 a cap full of original Listerine and massage it into scalp before bed. Haven't had a problem with dandruff since. Hair seems thicker and fuller as well. Will check back later if I notice anything further changes.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day,

Well what you know!

"Soak a cotton pad in the Listerine and dab it onto your scalp. Once you've covered your scalp, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and do this thrice a week for 2 weeks. It's one of the quickest methods of using Listerine to cure dandruff."

"If you have lice, Listerine is surprisingly successful at killing them. If you are dealing with a fungal infection of the scalp, Listerine has antifungal ingredients that might help."

Welcome to the forum :)

Nebula

Diluted apple cider vinegar worked for me. I started letting it sit on my scalp and skin for at least 15 minutes every other day a few weeks ago. It seems to have restored my skin acidity and balanced microflora. I’ll try the mouthwash every once in awhile too. Thanks for the idea.

OP
N

Nickkk

Well what you know!

"Soak a cotton pad in the Listerine and dab it onto your scalp. Once you've covered your scalp, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and do this thrice a week for 2 weeks. It's one of the quickest methods of using Listerine to cure dandruff."

"If you have lice, Listerine is surprisingly successful at killing them. If you are dealing with a fungal infection of the scalp, Listerine has antifungal ingredients that might help."

Welcome to the forum :)
Thank you for the welcome and supporting info ???

OP
N

Nickkk

Diluted apple cider vinegar worked for me. I started letting it sit on my scalp and skin for at least 15 minutes every other day a few weeks ago. It seems to have restored my skin acidity and balanced microflora. I’ll try the mouthwash every once in awhile too. Thanks for the idea.
Thank you, will give that a shot if it ever comes back

Alpha

Male, mid thirties, been following Ray peat ideas for past 2 years after coming off of keto/carnivore/ fasting band wagon. Always been in good shape, but definitely felt improvements in sleep, libido, body composition and athletic performance. Haven't done any blood work to confirm, just going what I feel and experience so take that for what it's worth.

Recently experimented with very low fat, high carb (starch/sugar), low to moderate protein for 3 months. Felt good for a little, ultimately needed to change things up. One thing I did get from it was Dandruff....never really dealt with that before. Ive heard of people trying aloe, I tried it and it didn't work. Still had lots of dandruff. I read somewhere that Listerine use to be used for a lot of different things back in the day. For past 2 weeks I'll take roughly 1/2 a cap full of original Listerine and massage it into scalp before bed. Haven't had a problem with dandruff since. Hair seems thicker and fuller as well. Will check back later if I notice anything further changes.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day,
Do you wash it out after putting it on?

Gânico

When i used to have dandruff coconut oil took care of it for a while

OP
N

Nickkk

Wouldn't it crust on your hair and scalp? Do you put it on wet or dry hair?
I haven't noticed any crusting. I have tried both wet and dry. Currently only doing it 2-3 times a week usually after I shower.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I tried this and didn't rinse it out either. It doesn't crust and doesn't smell. I don't have dandruff but I do have an itchy scalp at times.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals