LOW-FAT FAT RECIPES for CANCER & More

Philomath

I am so pleased to see that cake! It is pure fruit, and unlike other cakes, I left out the fat and opted to put it in top instead, aka butter mmmm…. It is great to pack and take on the road, like a moist granola bar of sorts, no butter necessary. I think I am gonna pick up some pineapple and sub out some of those apples cause your cake has me wanting that now! Well done sir!
Liked so much I made it again! (Clearly I added ? to the bottom for a little extra)
Looks much better this time
10194215-9DF6-4A7A-8D31-9E7FF43489C8.jpeg
7AB84654-748F-4503-A716-4ABDA4C770D8.jpeg
50F849B9-D855-4971-9508-A8AF6A960F26.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
First of all, similar to nuts, oats actually contain a lot of oil, which puts oats at high risk for growing mold. This is especially common with U.S. grown oats and the particular mold toxin Ochratoxin-A (OTA). In a recent study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, researchers found that in most samples of oat-based products, the concentrations of OTA exceeded the European upper limit by more than 8 percent [1]. The researchers concluded that oat production, storage, and processing needs stricter standards to protect unsuspecting Americans. Laboratory animals exposed to OTA for a limited time in experiments developed kidney tumors and cancer.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Between 1912 and 1927 there were several studies that reported that animals could live on a fat-free diet, and that in fact they lived longer, and without the normal mortality from cancer.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In the early 1930s George Burr had discovered that animals on a fat free diet had an extremely high rate of metabolism, but he didn't investigate the important ramifications of that observation, such as their increased need for vitamins and minerals, in accordance with their rate of metabolism. The PUFA slowed metabolism, and that effect was good for agriculture.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The immunosuppressive effects of PUFA are very general. Many metabolites that are known to have harmful effects on the immune system are increased by the PUFA (histamine [Masini, et al., 1990], serotonin, lactate, nitric oxide [Omura, et al., 2001]). These substances are also involved in tumor development.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is my other thread on cancer….

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“One of the newest areas of research involving MSM is studying its effectiveness in fighting cancer cells. Although the research is limited, the results have been promising so far.

Several test-tube studies have shown that MSM inhibits the growth of stomach, esophageal, liver, colon, skin and bladder cancer cells (23Trusted Source, 24Trusted Source, 25Trusted Source, 26Trusted Source, 27Trusted Source).

It seems to do this by damaging cancer cell DNA and stimulating cancer cell death (28Trusted Source).

MSM also appears to prevent the spread of cancer cells, also known as metastasis (29Trusted Source).

A study in mice with liver cancer showed that those injected with MSM had fewer tumors, smaller tumor size and less liver damage than those who did not receive the treatment (30Trusted Source).

Another mouse study demonstrated that MSM inhibited the growth of human breast cancer cells (31Trusted Source).“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When Warburg said the metabolic changes are "irreversible", apparently he meant that in a strictly "functional" context - i.e. irreversible for as long as the factor driving them is still present. Remove that factor and the "cancer" cells likely revert to normal behavior/metabolism.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Vijay-Kumar’s team published a major paper in the journal Cell in 2018 that revealed a large proportion of mice with immune system defects developed liver cancer after being given an inulin-fortified diet.

Inulin is a refined, plant-based fermentable fiber that is sold in supermarkets as a health-promoting prebiotic. Additionally, it is often found in processed foods.

Vijay-Kumar and colleagues found that around one in ten regular, otherwise healthy lab mice got liver cancer after consuming the inulin-containing diet, despite the fact that inulin promotes metabolic health in the majority of those who consume it.

“That was very surprising, given how rarely liver cancer is observed in mice,” said Vijay-Kumar, who is also director of the UToledo Microbiome Consortium. “The findings raised real questions about the potential risks of certain refined fibers, but only now do we understand why the mice were developing such aggressive cancer.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“There are downsides to long-term carnivore diets. Namely, you disrupt your gut bacteria (which you can measure with a Viome test). Using Bulletproof collagen protein may help. Also, a diet high in meat amino acids tryptophan, cysteine, and methionine is shown to increase aging and cancer risk.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When cells are stressed, they form extra collagen, but they can also dissolve it, to allow for tissue remodeling and growth. Invasive cancers over-produce this kind of enzyme, destroying the extracellular matrix which is needed for normal cellular differentiation and function. When collagen is broken down, it releases factors that promote wound healing and suppress tumor invasiveness. (Pasco, et al., 2003) Glycine itself is one of the factors promoting wound healing and tumor inhibition.

It has a wide range of antitumor actions, including the inhibition of new blood vessel formation (angiogenesis), and it has shown protective activity in liver cancer and melanoma. Since glycine is non-toxic (if the kidneys are working, since any amino acid will contribute to the production of ammonia), this kind of chemotherapy can be pleasant.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Although the prepared powdered gelatin doesn't require any cooking, dissolving it in hot water makes it digest a little more quickly. It can be incorporated into custards, mousses, ice cream, soups, sauces, cheese cake, pies, etc., or mixed with fruit juices to make desserts or (with juice concentrate) candies.” -Ray Peat

coffeelover

PINEAPPLE APPLE OAT CAKE

Peel and chop several juicy Gala, Honeycrisp or other tasty apples, into 1/2-inch dice, I use my chopper, and put into a measuring cup, filling to the 24 ounce line. Pour pineapple juice over the apples to the 24 ounce line.

Put the apple/pineapple mixture into a bowl, add two eggs, 2 cups oat flour, 1 cup sugar, 1.5 teaspoons baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon Maldon flakey finishing salt. Put mixture into a prepared baking dish and top with brown sugar, however much you want, and bake for about 40 minutes.
I just made this but with all pineapple. I used a can of sliced pineapple with juice and added some orange juice to make the full 24 oz. My kitchen smells amazing and it tastes amazing! I ate it with nonfat greek yogurt to make it more of a complete snack/dessert!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I just made this but with all pineapple. I used a can of sliced pineapple with juice and added some orange juice to make the full 24 oz. My kitchen smells amazing and it tastes amazing! I ate it with nonfat greek yogurt to make it more of a complete snack/dessert!
That is perfect for your diet too! I am so glad you liked the recipe and made it your own! You really can play with the recipe. Now I am wondering about more possibilities like adding in some orange peels or using canned pears and a few frozen blueberries?

OP
Rinse & rePeat

“Antitumor effect​

Tumor development and progressions constitute a multistep process including genetic and epigenetic changes.[12,13] Aloe vera and its constituents have a vital effect on the control of tumor development, through the modulation of genetic pathways. An important study was performed to investigate the antitumor activity of Aloe vera against stage-2 skin carcinogenesis induced by 7,12-Dimethylbenz[a] anthracene (DMBA) and Croton tiglium (croton) oil; the results revealed that, compared to 100% incidence of tumor development in group I (DMBA + croton oil only), the incidence of tumors decreased to 50%, 60%, and 40% in groups II (DMBA + croton oil + topical Aloe veragel), III (DMBA + croton oil + oral Aloe vera extract), and IV (DMBA + croton oil + topical Aloe vera gel + oral Aloe veraextract) respectively.[14] Another study showed that Aloe vera decreased the levels of lipid peroxidation and increased the levels of reduced antioxidant enzymes, and the same study showed that 50% ethanol extract has an antitumor effect through the modulation of lipid peroxidation and augmentation of the antioxidant defense system.[15] Yet another experiment was performed to evaluate the anticancer properties and modulatory effects of Aloe vera, and it was found that Aloe vera active principles exerted significant inhibition of Ehrlich ascites carcinoma cell (EACC) number, when compared to the positive control group, in the order barbaloin > aloe emodin (AE) > octapeptide > aloesin.[16]”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Lemon peels have detoxifying properties and thus are a helpful and natural way for preventing cancer. However, it is not a sure-shot way to prevent cancer, it is more of a precautionary measure. The salvestrol Q40 and limonene contents of lemon peel can help in fighting the pre-cancerous cells in the body. More research is needed to confirm the benefits of lemon peel in preventing and reducing the risk of cancer.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“This is the first study aimed at exploring the relationship between citrus peel consumption and human cancers," Hakim said. "Our results show that lemon peel consumption, the major source of dietary d-limonene, is not uncommon and may have a potential protective effect in relation to skin cancer."

"Eating lemon peel was, by itself, protection against squamous cell skin cancer," she said. She suggested that d-limonene, which is found in lemons, might be exerting a protective effect in people who consume it. "Limonene has demonstrated efficacy in preclinical models of breast and colon cancers," she noted.”

Philomath

Maybe an Orange & Lemon marmalade???

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Maybe an Orange & Lemon marmalade???
I have been soaking berries and orange peels in water overnight and drinking the nutritious water. I also have been liking orange zest in my coffee and in my ice cream. Peels are good cooked into oatmeal, or into jello. Marmalade is good to sweeten tea too. Throw some orange or lemon peels into your pineapple cake!

Attachments

• D83EF702-B181-415A-982B-53A7F369CDD4.jpeg
    D83EF702-B181-415A-982B-53A7F369CDD4.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 98CDFAC1-F066-43AF-AE2A-365CEB4478F3.jpeg
    98CDFAC1-F066-43AF-AE2A-365CEB4478F3.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 1FC09686-1677-4BA5-B1E8-6E2A8665E4E9.jpeg
    1FC09686-1677-4BA5-B1E8-6E2A8665E4E9.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 9
  • BB371A0E-7C32-4FFC-894F-57AD78049F63.jpeg
    BB371A0E-7C32-4FFC-894F-57AD78049F63.jpeg