Low Toxin Supplements Low VitA proteinpowder

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
Egg white powder? Beef protein powder? But why use isolated food components when you can eat food? Every food has proteins, potatoes, breads, beans, even fruits to a lesser extent, if you can eat enough food. I guess there might be a place for powders for the very sick or old. I'm not a fan of dairy but I've wondered about nonfat greek yogurts that aren't fortified - if they might be good for some people.
Do you eat cottage Cheese?
It is one of the dairy that I tolerate.
Proberly a high A food.
Haven't chected it out.

Dr. B

Why do you guys think whey protein is bad or even toxic? Is it the VitA content or something else?
There are many whey products without added (A) vitamins.
In my experience it digests pretty good.

Can you post which whey products you are using?

The problems with whey are it has lots of tryptophan, also since its freeze dried that can make it harder to tolerate for some people.

In my experience most whey products digest poorly and clog up the stomach… there were only few products which digested properly.. some of them had added enzymes in the formula. And they only lasted for a couple years before they changed the formila and they became poorly digesting and clumpy like other wheys.

Whey is supposed to digest fast and better than even regular milk or yogurt… but it seems a lot of whey products dont… its not just about gums or lecithin because even the raw organic whey, which is priced higher and organic grass fed, digested really poorly and it had No lecithin or gums. It basically depends how they processed the whey, and then also depends on if they added gums or sweeteners or filler ingredients. The lecithin is probably such small amounts it doesnt make a difference.

So in my case two of the products that digested well had added protease enzymes, and their texture was extremely fine, literally like pixie dust or something. One of the products had soy lecithin and xanthan gum and even sucralose but still digested well. On the other hand there were numerous unflavored wheys with nothing added or only sunflower lecithin added or only soy lecithin added and digested horribly.

Both of the products with protease enzymes added, eventually changed the formula. Ingredients list looked exactly the same, still had enzymes added, but the powders were no longer a fine pixie dust and instead were a very heavy, clumpy kind of moist looking powder. When they made that change, it digested really poorly and caused major stomach aches and clogged the stomach. The manufacturers claimed there were no changes to the formula yet there obviously were.

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
Can you post which whey products you are using?

The problems with whey are it has lots of tryptophan, also since its freeze dried that can make it harder to tolerate for some people.

In my experience most whey products digest poorly and clog up the stomach… there were only few products which digested properly.. some of them had added enzymes in the formula. And they only lasted for a couple years before they changed the formila and they became poorly digesting and clumpy like other wheys.

Whey is supposed to digest fast and better than even regular milk or yogurt… but it seems a lot of whey products dont… its not just about gums or lecithin because even the raw organic whey, which is priced higher and organic grass fed, digested really poorly and it had No lecithin or gums. It basically depends how they processed the whey, and then also depends on if they added gums or sweeteners or filler ingredients. The lecithin is probably such small amounts it doesnt make a difference.

So in my case two of the products that digested well had added protease enzymes, and their texture was extremely fine, literally like pixie dust or something. One of the products had soy lecithin and xanthan gum and even sucralose but still digested well. On the other hand there were numerous unflavored wheys with nothing added or only sunflower lecithin added or only soy lecithin added and digested horribly.

Both of the products with protease enzymes added, eventually changed the formula. Ingredients list looked exactly the same, still had enzymes added, but the powders were no longer a fine pixie dust and instead were a very heavy, clumpy kind of moist looking powder. When they made that change, it digested really poorly and caused major stomach aches and clogged the stomach. The manufacturers claimed there were no changes to the formula yet there obviously were.
Thanks for posting about your experience. Really difficult to dig thought all these labels. Real food is best, I know. But sometimes some vendor might produce something that falls into our flavour. Do you know why sunflower lecithin is added? or even regular lecithin?

Dr. B

Thanks for posting about your experience. Really difficult to dig thought all these labels. Real food is best, I know. But sometimes some vendor might produce something that falls into our flavour. Do you know why sunflower lecithin is added? or even regular lecithin?

I think its related to blending the whey easier. I think its used as an emulsifier both in chocolate and also whey? Rays comments on it being used in chocolate were that its a very small amount so its safe. Even with whey, one company i spoke to said its in microgram amounts. The lecithin is probably the least likely thing causing an issue for most people

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
I think its related to blending the whey easier. I think its used as an emulsifier both in chocolate and also whey? Rays comments on it being used in chocolate were that its a very small amount so its safe. Even with whey, one company i spoke to said its in microgram amounts. The lecithin is probably the least likely thing causing an issue for most people
👍

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I thought chicken turkey and pork were high in pufa because if the feed they are fed. I’ve checked out the past couple of months. Is pufa ok now?
Well if it is very lean, there is no pufa, or very minimal...
@Morten, very handy! One of my primary goals is to maintain/build muscle and rice protein powder has enough leucine to be useful for helping me achieve that goal. It’s been a game changer if I’m not in a situation to eat meat at certain times.
I was thinking which protein powder could I use instead of meat. I feel so tired when I eat meat. Digestion takes a lot of energy.
Brown rice powder sounds good. I could use that to save up some energy for healing purposes.
Can I ask why do you take brown rice powder and not white rice powder?
Do you think are there potentially any even better protein powders?
Thanks

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Bozidar I just haven’t been able to find a white rice protein powder tbh. If you find one and like it please let me know the brand sir.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Bozidar, I enjoy putting some of the protein powder in my oatmeal when I don’t have much time to cook. I’ve also been making some homemade protein bars with it that are convenient for times I’m away from home and need a quick snack/lighter meal replacement. It makes for a nice and easy leucine hit after working out.

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
I take some clean collagen powder.
But it only adds about 8 grams to my daily intake....

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
@Bozidar, I enjoy putting some of the protein powder in my oatmeal when I don’t have much time to cook. I’ve also been making some homemade protein bars with it that are convenient for times I’m away from home and need a quick snack/lighter meal replacement. It makes for a nice and easy leucine hit after working out.
So it tastes good?
I havent explored that topic of protein powders and diferences between them, but I think I will have to.
I would like to eat a protein powder which has a similar amino acid profile like beef. I wouldnt like to make myself deficient in any amino acids when eating less meat.
I haven't actually heard of rice protein powder so far, only pea protein powder, peanut powder from plant based.
I also wonder if taking beef protein powder instead of meat would make me tired...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Bozidar, I wouldn’t classify it as tasting good but to me it’s palatable and I like the results. I’ve also used pea protein isolate and like it fine. The taste of it is a bit better than rice protein and it has a slightly different amino acid profile. I find rice seems to mix better though. Since I’m not solely relying on protein powder for my amino acids I don’t think the incomplete nature of rice protein is an issue but it certainly could be if someone was using it as the primary source of their nutrition which would not be a smart move anyway. For me it’s just a convenient addition to my diet to ensure I get the macro breakdown that works best for my goals. I have seen the beef protein powder but I’ve never tried it because I already normally eat plenty of meat.
Here’s a couple of screenshots from cronometer comparing the amino acids in a 35 gram serving of plain rice and pea protein. I just chose the naked versions for the comparison because they don’t have other ingredients in them and they have more complete data included in cronometer.
IMG_0430.png
IMG_0429.png

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
@Blossom Thanks
I was also just looking about different protein powders.
If you or somebody else wants to check out this study:
Looks like potato has the most EEAs from plant based ones and corn has the highest content of leucine.

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
@Blossom Thanks
Looks like potato has the most EEAs from plant based ones and corn has the highest content of leucine.
They say a mix of plantbased and animalbased might be a good choice, don 't they?
If you tolerate potato, daily intake in higher amounts should build good proteins, I think Ray said that.
From syntizising ketoacid

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
@Blossom Thanks
Most people do not realize that potatoes are a good source of quality protein. The very high value of "potato protein" is better than the egg yolk, because there is material besides the actual protein that functions as protein--keto acids. Potato’s keto acids are the equivalent of the essential amino acids. In the body, ammonia is added to keto acids, turning them into amino acids.
-
According to Ray Peat, PhD., “Two pounds of well-cooked mashed potato has the protein value similar to a liter of milk, about 33 grams of protein. A person would be able to live for a long time on two or three liters of either milk or 4-6 pounds of potatoes per day. The milk drinker would eventually need to supplement iron, the potato eaters would need to supplement vitamin A, possibly B12, but both of them are nearly perfect foods.”
-
The well cooked white potato also contains numerous vitamins and minerals including: vitamins C, D, K, folate, niacin, pantothenic acid, B6, choline, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, iron and zinc. The potato lacks adequate Vitamin A and B12.”

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Most people do not realize that potatoes are a good source of quality protein. The very high value of "potato protein" is better than the egg yolk, because there is material besides the actual protein that functions as protein--keto acids. Potato’s keto acids are the equivalent of the essential amino acids. In the body, ammonia is added to keto acids, turning them into amino acids.
-
According to Ray Peat, PhD., “Two pounds of well-cooked mashed potato has the protein value similar to a liter of milk, about 33 grams of protein. A person would be able to live for a long time on two or three liters of either milk or 4-6 pounds of potatoes per day. The milk drinker would eventually need to supplement iron, the potato eaters would need to supplement vitamin A, possibly B12, but both of them are nearly perfect foods.”
-
The well cooked white potato also contains numerous vitamins and minerals including: vitamins C, D, K, folate, niacin, pantothenic acid, B6, choline, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, iron and zinc. The potato lacks adequate Vitamin A and B12.”
Soaking the potatoes with charcoal can help negate the solanine content.

Dr. B

-
-

Arent there fruits that also contain keto acids, and is why animals like the gorilla for instance can build lots of muscle off of just fruit?

Based on Rays comments you could combine the milk and potato and have a perfect combination?

The problem with potato is you most likely have to put in all the work yourself. Most store bought potato products will have added oils and ingredients.

OP
M

Morten

Forum Supporter
Arent there fruits that also contain keto acids, and is why animals like the gorilla for instance can build lots of muscle off of just fruit?

Based on Rays comments you could combine the milk and potato and have a perfect combination?

The problem with potato is you most likely have to put in all the work yourself. Most store bought potato products will have added oils and ingredients.
There is something with those strong gorillas.
Yes we have to boil the potatos ourselves. But that pretty basic 🌞, I guess for most people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals