Medical Medium - Thyroid Healing

LUH 3417

Does anyone have any input? A few friends have recommended this author. I'm skeptical.

David PS

It is strange that all 8 reviews of this book were posted on November 7, 2017. Coincidently, all of these reviews were 5 stars.

Nicole W.

Does anyone have any input? A few friends have recommended this author. I'm skeptical.
I've read both of his earlier books and I really liked them. I've also listened to a number of his podcasts. He's a bit of a goof in person, repeats himself a lot to drive home important points.
Many people will be uncomfortable with his conclusions as they are not derived from any scientific research that he or others have done. Apparently, he has a connection with a entity he calls Spirit who informs him on all matters relating to nutrition, disease and health. He claims to have healed a number of people, but I have not encountered anyone coming forward saying Anthony William saved their lives.

Make what you will of this psychic ability or whatever it is. However, his discussion of the nutritional properties of food, specifically fruits, vegetables, wild foods and herbs is pretty darn interesting and I have found to be frequently substantiated in science as well as in person. For example, he recommends eating mango before bed to help with sleep and I found that was very effective. Go figure!

He is particularly focused on thyroid health and argues that thyroid malfunctions relate to viruses - particularly EBV- and the "unforgiving four" which are radiation and other environmental toxins. Well, no surprise there, but again, it's an interesting argument that allopathic medicine has not entertained to any degree.
Reading these books from a Peat perspective I found quite a bit of overlap in terms of ideas. Certainly disagreement as well. He's definitely not a fan of dairy or eggs for instance. However, he's a big advocate eating ripe fruits and the sugars contained in them. Radiation, environmental toxins, synthetic hormones, the corruption of the medical/ industrial complex are harming people...
Anyway, I enjoyed these books because they inspire the desire to look at food, not just as fuel, but as life giving medicine. It encouraged me to try new fruits and other foods that I felt were still in line with Peat's basic dietary framework.

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

It is strange that all 8 reviews of this book were posted on November 7, 2017. Coincidently, all of these reviews were 5 stars.

Not strange when you consider that the book went on sale Nov. 7 ...

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

I've read both of his earlier books and I really liked them. I've also listened to a number of his podcasts. He's a bit of a goof in person, repeats himself a lot to drive home important points.
Many people will be uncomfortable with his conclusions as they are not derived from any scientific research that he or others have done. Apparently, he has a connection with a entity he calls Spirit who informs him on all matters relating to nutrition, disease and health. He claims to have healed a number of people, but I have not encountered anyone coming forward saying Anthony William saved their lives.

Make what you will of this psychic ability or whatever it is. However, his discussion of the nutritional properties of food, specifically fruits, vegetables, wild foods and herbs is pretty darn interesting and I have found to be frequently substantiated in science as well as in person. For example, he recommends eating mango before bed to help with sleep and I found that was very effective. Go figure!

He is particularly focused on thyroid health and argues that thyroid malfunctions relate to viruses - particularly EBV- and the "unforgiving four" which are radiation and other environmental toxins. Well, no surprise there, but again, it's an interesting argument that allopathic medicine has not entertained to any degree.
Reading these books from a Peat perspective I found quite a bit of overlap in terms of ideas. Certainly disagreement as well. He's definitely not a fan of dairy or eggs for instance. However, he's a big advocate eating ripe fruits and the sugars contained in them. Radiation, environmental toxins, synthetic hormones, the corruption of the medical/ industrial complex are harming people...
Anyway, I enjoyed these books because they inspire the desire to look at food, not just as fuel, but as life giving medicine. It encouraged me to try new fruits and other foods that I felt were still in line with Peat's basic dietary framework.

While I haven't read any of this author's books, I did see a classical homeopath years back about a condition that was seemingly intractable and had an *interesting* experience, to say the least. I am agnostic about all that sort of thing, if it works for you then go for it and don't give a second thought about what other people think.

michael94

Viruses and nuclear radiation are a deception so he can't be that psychic. Also he goes on good morning America and those sorts of shows. Ray Peat warned about this idea that nothing can be improved upon from Nature. The naturalist vegan approach can help people that are really sick, but it's still a trap. "Nature" is evil.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Viruses and nuclear radiation are a deception so he can't be that psychic. Also he goes on good morning America and those sorts of shows. Rat Peat warned about this idea that nothing can be improved upon from Nature. The naturalist vegan approach can help people that are really sick, but it's still a trap. Nature is evil.
What do you mean viruses and radiation are a deception?

Nicole W.

Yes, I'm wondering about that too. Please clarify seraphim.
I would just like to say that I don't agree with all the recommendations in the book but I did benefit from experiencing another point a view. There's a lot that can not yet be explained by science and that we do know.
So, I stay open to different ideas and approaches until I can draw my own conclusions. I don't dismiss anything until I examine it in relationship to myself and sometimes others. For what it's worth, I personally found the books valuable.

michael94

I do think he has some psychic ability but it's probably not very benevolent. I was reading a youtube comment about how psychics can use certain tricks but I'm not very keen on the subject.

michael94

What do you mean viruses are a deception?
Yes, I'm wondering about that too. Please clarify seraphim.
I would just like to say that I don't agree with all the recommendations in the book but I did benefit from experiencing another point a view. There's a lot that can not yet be explained by science and that we do know.
So, I stay open to different ideas and approaches until I can draw my own conclusions. I don't dismiss anything until I examine it in relationship to myself and sometimes others. For what it's worth, I personally found the books valuable.
Yes I agree, just not with this particular guy.

Viruses are a red herring. They are more of a physiological phenomenon than the causes of problems. So you have bad symptoms and go and get tested for these enzymes/markers, you are diagnosed with what has been agreed upon as a certain virus. Epstein Barr, Lyme, Hepatitis etc. Anyone who's looked around the alternative medicine sphere for a while knows about all the people who supposedly have "Lyme disease" and try dozens of "cures" for this "disease" with little to no success. Viruses are bordering on a hoax with the goal of widespread learned-helplessness. There is a lot to be said about non-physical blockages which show up in the physical body, but the concept of "viruses" offers little to no recourse. Mind viruses are probably more real than things like Epstein Barr and HIV.

I read most of his book in July of 2016. There's useful advice in there but it's a trap. Just my 2c.

LUH 3417

Viruses are a red herring. They are more of a physiological phenomenon than the causes of problems. So you have bad symptoms and go and get tested for these enzymes/markers, you are diagnosed with what has been agreed upon as a certain virus. Epstein Barr, Lyme, Hepatitis etc. Anyone who's looked around the alternative medicine sphere for a while knows about all the people who supposedly have "Lyme disease" and try dozens of "cures" for this "disease" with little to no success. Viruses are bordering on a hoax with the goal of widespread learned-helplessness. There is a lot to be said about non-physical blockages which show up in the physical body, but the concept of "viruses" offers little to no recourse. Mind viruses are probably more real than things like Epstein Barr and HIV.

I read most of his book in July of 2016. There's useful advice in there but it's a trap. Just my 2c.
Hmmm that's really interesting. A nodule under my neck has been swollen all my life. I was told it was just calcification, then someone else told me it's EBV stuck in there. Do you have any thoughts on what it could be? It usually gets swollen and goes down on a day by day basis but lately it's remained swollen.

Nicole W.

What is a mind virus? I've never heard of that. Is it different than a virus that attacks the brain?

As far as physical viruses go, I don't believe there's a whole lot of controversy as to their existence. Even Peat acknowledges the fact that we all carry retroviruses and that they can cause problems. I'm curious to know how you arrived at your conclusion that the idea of viruses are essentially a hoax perpetrated on the unsuspecting public. If you have a free moment, please explain your reasoning.

michael94

Hmmm that's really interesting. A nodule under my neck has been swollen all my life. I was told it was just calcification, then someone else told me it's EBV stuck in there. Do you have any thoughts on what it could be? It usually gets swollen and goes down on a day by day basis but lately it's remained swollen.
I have no idea what the nodule might be. If you look into EBV, you might find something that is helpful. It's worth exploring. All of the deception regarding viruses ( and every other control mechanism for that matter ) will end up accomplishing the opposite because there are people with pure intentions completely overshadowing the lies. Even if they are deceived on certain specifics which really don't matter that much. So for practical purposes... you don't have to dismiss the idea of "viruses" altogether, just don't trust anyone too much that has cures. The whole organism has to be healed at the same time, not just the problems that are most obvious to the naked eye.

Nice post number btw

Attachments

• post.PNG
    post.PNG
    1.2 KB · Views: 30

LUH 3417

I have no idea what the nodule might be. If you look into EBV, you might find something that is helpful. It's worth exploring. All of the deception regarding viruses ( and every other control mechanism for that matter ) will end up accomplishing the opposite because there are people with pure intentions completely overshadowing the lies. Even if they are deceived on certain specifics which really don't matter that much. So for practical purposes... you don't have to dismiss the idea of "viruses" altogether, just don't trust anyone too much that has cures. The whole organism has to be healed at the same time, not just the problems that are most obvious to the naked eye.

Nice post number btw
But how do you go about curing the entire organism

vb2005

I think this so called medium promotes 80\10\10 diet which works for many and don't work for others. I don't see how it can work for someone with fructose malabsorption for example.
He sells supplements on his site and from his advice about methylation supplements I think he have no idea what he is doing - I doubt he gets his info from the Spirit.
I tried similar diet to 80\10\10 - it is unsustainable and not working for me - you crave protein. He also recommends nuts and seeds as protein source which is very bad idea especially for ill people - if meat is difficult to digest - I think nuts and seeds are ten times worse because of enzyme inhibitors and unbalanced minerals in them. All types of plant foods have problems like enzyme inhibitors, excess fructose etc- vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, grains.
He claims that fruits and vegetables like potatoes does not feed bad bacteria and candida which is absolute BS- just ask people with ankylosing spondylitis what happens when they eat starch from potatoes or unripe bananas.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom