Milk and Fruit only

Nik665

So recently Peat has mentioned he believes 50grams of protein is much better for metabolic health compared to the 100 plus grams he used to promote. He has also said he thinks a diet of milk and fruit only is probably the diet best in line with the cosmos. I assume he means because milk and fruit want to be consumed compared to lets say a cow or a fish. So I decided to experiment for 3 months straight with 50 grams of protein only and all food coming from milk and fruit. I did add honey/white sugar a couple times during the experiment but not more than 1/2 cup was used. I ended up keeping calories constant as to only have the macro shift and in order to maintain weight. I went in thinking this would probably not make a big difference to how I feel as I tend to be much more energetic than my peers as is. Let me tell you boy I was wrong! I didn't think it was possible but I dropped weight likely water retention, my skin cleared up even more although it tends to be pretty clear with the occasional zit which did not take place this time around. My stomach and body overall felt lighter than usual and I went to the bathroom even more regularly likely from all the fruit. I will end experiment in September and add back in meat the first month, then add starches October and note if there are any interesting differences

Have any of you experimented with Rays newer proposed diet of lower protein which he believes could be used to extend longevity. He mentioned that when he cut his protein in half he needed much less thyroid medication but for me that is difficult to measure as I do not take any myself. Would be interesting to know if anyone else has tried this

Servier

Thanks for the feedback, super interesting. As far as your exercice routine, can you tell us more first if there is any, what type and frequency ? and also if you're going to adapt your meals on the day you do train

did you lose muscle from the protein intake reduction ?

to reach 50g of protein I'm assuming you had to drink like 2 liters of honey correct ?

So recently Peat has mentioned he believes 50grams of protein is much better for metabolic health compared to the 100 plus grams he used to promote. He has also said he thinks a diet of milk and fruit only is probably the diet best in line with the cosmos. I assume he means because milk and fruit want to be consumed compared to lets say a cow or a fish. So I decided to experiment for 3 months straight with 50 grams of protein only and all food coming from milk and fruit. I did add honey/white sugar a couple times during the experiment but not more than 1/2 cup was used. I ended up keeping calories constant as to only have the macro shift and in order to maintain weight. I went in thinking this would probably not make a big difference to how I feel as I tend to be much more energetic than my peers as is. Let me tell you boy I was wrong! I didn't think it was possible but I dropped weight likely water retention, my skin cleared up even more although it tends to be pretty clear with the occasional zit which did not take place this time around. My stomach and body overall felt lighter than usual and I went to the bathroom even more regularly likely from all the fruit. I will end experiment in September and add back in meat the first month, then add starches October and note if there are any interesting differences

Have any of you experimented with Rays newer proposed diet of lower protein which he believes could be used to extend longevity. He mentioned that when he cut his protein in half he needed much less thyroid medication but for me that is difficult to measure as I do not take any myself. Would be interesting to know if anyone else has tried this
How much milk on average did you consume per day, and was it low-fat or whole? What kinds of fruit? Did you take any suppliments?

OP
N

Nik665

How much milk on average did you consume per day, and was it low-fat or whole? What kinds of fruit? Did you take any suppliments?
not big on supplements as it can be too many confounding factors when doing experiments, i kept my fat at 10-15% of total calories, milk was 3-4 cups a day which is about 24-32 grams of protein from milk alone, the rest of protein came from fruit and cheese, I prefer low fat milk but would also eat cheese and ice cream which you can get enough fat from. I ate tropical fruits mostly, mangoes bananans papayas , latelty the cherries are good here and peaches, sometimes i would also eat frozen fruits such as strawberries & blueberries. On the weekends I like to go on 2 hour hikes so included dry fruits i love dates

OP
N

Nik665

Thanks for the feedback, super interesting. As far as your exercice routine, can you tell us more first if there is any, what type and frequency ? and also if you're going to adapt your meals on the day you do train

did you lose muscle from the protein intake reduction ?

to reach 50g of protein I'm assuming you had to drink like 2 liters of honey correct ?
my exercise routine is running outdoors 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. satuday i hike 2 hours and sunday i dont move from the couch. i eat very similar foods daily. i do not eat differenlty on the days i job. i did not lose muscle that i can tell my strength running is the same and i even did one weight workout at the end of experiment and can lift same weight as before i stopped lifting. sleep is better too. 2 liters of honey?? one small cup of milk has 8 grams of protein. so often drank 3-4 cups 24-32 grams of protein from milk with the remaining protein coming from fruit, and the cheese i would have

peatyzilian

Eating only milk and fruit wasn't tired for you?
Great to hear that this cleared up your skin. I have severe problems with acne and everything i change im my diet doesn't seems to work to clear up my skin.

OP
N

Nik665

Eating only milk and fruit wasn't tired for you?
Great to hear that this cleared up your skin. I have severe problems with acne and everything i change im my diet doesn't seems to work to clear up my skin.
i dont often struggle with skin issues but it did. it was not tiring. i felt so energetic as soon as my alarm went off which is 4 am, so often it takes me an hour or so to feel fully awake so it was interesting to notice that i was not dragging me feet out of bed. im a fruit lover and when the fruit is in season its like crack to me. Fruit to me is interesting because each piece tastes completely different to the next when compared to lets say a tortilla, where you can eat 10 and they will all taste the exact same.

bendis

its the sattvik diet which is promoted for hundreds of years to give most life energy to cells. Ancient knowledge never fails to amaze me. milk is the most sattvik thing anyone can consume

Servier

my exercise routine is running outdoors 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. satuday i hike 2 hours and sunday i dont move from the couch. i eat very similar foods daily. i do not eat differenlty on the days i job. i did not lose muscle that i can tell my strength running is the same and i even did one weight workout at the end of experiment and can lift same weight as before i stopped lifting. sleep is better too. 2 liters of honey?? one small cup of milk has 8 grams of protein. so often drank 3-4 cups 24-32 grams of protein from milk with the remaining protein coming from fruit, and the cheese i would have
Thanks, i'm really interested by trying these regimen in the future

Aw sorry I meant 2L of milk my bad !

Vileplume

Awesome to hear you're doing well with that diet.

I remember Peat describing fruit as the most logical way for us to get energy from the sun, a paradigm shift for me.

Unfortunately, I struggle to find ripe fruit in grocery stores here in CA. Ripe papaya and melons make my digestion so healthy, but I haven't found either in a CA grocery store in months. In Mexico, I found ripe papayas everywhere, and they made pooping a wonderful experience.

My diet is mostly goat milk with organic cane sugar. My protein is higher than I'd like, but this diet still treats me much better than all alternatives I've tried. The only improvement would be more fruit, I think.

Last edited:
N

nobody

For almost 2 months I have been taking 12 cups of whole raw a2 jersey milk with additional ripe mango, pineapple, papaya, unheated honey, occasional white rice, and sometimes blend a couple raw eggs with honey into milk to make an eggnog. I just received my blood results and everything was normal except for b12 being on the lower end. I was surprised because raw cow milk in large quantity is loaded with b12...

not big on supplements as it can be too many confounding factors when doing experiments, i kept my fat at 10-15% of total calories, milk was 3-4 cups a day which is about 24-32 grams of protein from milk alone, the rest of protein came from fruit and cheese, I prefer low fat milk but would also eat cheese and ice cream which you can get enough fat from. I ate tropical fruits mostly, mangoes bananans papayas , latelty the cherries are good here and peaches, sometimes i would also eat frozen fruits such as strawberries & blueberries. On the weekends I like to go on 2 hour hikes so included dry fruits i love dates
That just doesn’t seem enough calories especially with a two mile walk. You just eat defrosted frozen fruit? What about coffee Were you hungry at all? I find sticking to dairy without liver, eggs or seafood makes me a little on the hungry side.

SamYo123

its the sattvik diet which is promoted for hundreds of years to give most life energy to cells. Ancient knowledge never fails to amaze me. milk is the most sattvik thing anyone can consume
Not Uks pasteurized, homogenized cows milk

Jennifer

I have. I consumed a low-protein, low-fat, fruit-based diet for almost two decades (roughly 7 of that was fruitarianism) and developed hypothyroidism, osteoporosis so advanced that half my spine collapsed in my late 20s while lifting half a watermelon and I had to learn how to walk again, dental issues (part of a molar broke off), muscle atrophy, hypoglycemia (blood sugar as low as 50), anxiety, depression, migraines, dangerously low blood pressure (as low as 80s/50s), gallbladder attacks, SIBO and gastritis so severe that for years, I was unable to digest anything except for ripe fruit, and the list goes on. Since increasing my protein and fat intake this year (from raw dairy and eggs), I’m finally overcoming all the remaining health issues I’ve had up until that point, and was able to reduce my thyroid dose. My bone density continues to increase and my severely kyphotic spine is straightening out so much so that while lying on my back on the floor, my view is no longer the wall behind me but the ceiling above me. I climbed mountains every weekend prior to my spine collapsing in 2009 and it has been my goal ever since to climb once again, and I was beginning to think it was never going to happen, but I’m now finally able to carry my pack and have been training to climb again. I love fruit—always have and always will—but for me, it will never hold a candle to ice cream, cheesecake, custard, quiche and cheesy omelettes. :)

Matestube

Tried this experiment two months ago.
Didn't go well.
Felt heavy and dizzy.

Tried pasteurized milk, raw milk, ripe pineapple and ripe coconut, ripe oranges : the mix of milk and whole fruit would never work.

I need to stick to milk and orange juice for this diet to work, whole fruit bloat me up to much.

OP
N

Nik665

Tried this experiment two months ago.
Didn't go well.
Felt heavy and dizzy.

Tried pasteurized milk, raw milk, ripe pineapple and ripe coconut, ripe oranges : the mix of milk and whole fruit would never work.

I need to stick to milk and orange juice for this diet to work, whole fruit bloat me up to much.
Maybe you still have healing to do when it comes to your gut?? I don’t have any issues digesting any fruit at all but I used to pre peat. Took me years to get here though

OP
N

Nik665

I
I have. I consumed a low-protein, low-fat, fruit-based diet for almost two decades (roughly 7 of that was fruitarianism) and developed hypothyroidism, osteoporosis so advanced that half my spine collapsed in my late 20s while lifting half a watermelon and I had to learn how to walk again, dental issues (part of a molar broke off), muscle atrophy, hypoglycemia (blood sugar as low as 50), anxiety, depression, migraines, dangerously low blood pressure (as low as 80s/50s), gallbladder attacks, SIBO and gastritis so severe that for years, I was unable to digest anything except for ripe fruit, and the list goes on. Since increasing my protein and fat intake this year (from raw dairy and eggs), I’m finally overcoming all the remaining health issues I’ve had up until that point, and was able to reduce my thyroid dose. My bone density continues to increase and my severely kyphotic spine is straightening out so much so that while lying on my back on the floor, my view is no longer the wall behind me but the ceiling above me. I climbed mountains every weekend prior to my spine collapsing in 2009 and it has been my goal ever since to climb once again, and I was beginning to think it was never going to happen, but I’m now finally able to carry my pack and have been training to climb again. I love fruit—always have and always will—but for me, it will never hold a candle to ice cream, cheesecake, custard, quiche and cheesy omelettes. :)
Interesting I feel great so far and I may continue to see what the effects are. It’s great I work in a lab and can continue to test myself basically whenever I want. So will keep an eye on thyroid. I find it interesting ray peat saying this diet can do a lot of good for people and it’s probably the one most in line with the cosmos , that being said people who are still healing their bodies or have done much damage before peat probably have much to heal before going back on this way of eating. I know although peat recommends it , I’m sure I wouldn’t t recommend it to most as people have too many issues to solve first such as gut issues especially sibo which is soooo common. Maybe unresolved gi issues can cause people to not absorb all nutrition fruit and milk has to offer

OP
N

Nik665

I

Interesting I feel great so far and I may continue to see what the effects are. It’s great I work in a lab and can continue to test myself basically whenever I want. So will keep an eye on thyroid. I find it interesting ray peat saying this diet can do a lot of good for people and it’s probably the one most in line with the cosmos , that being said people who are still healing their bodies or have done much damage before peat probably have much to heal before going back on this way of eating. I know although peat recommends it , I’m sure I wouldn’t t recommend it to most as people have too many issues to solve first such as gut issues especially sibo which is soooo common. Maybe unresolved gi issues can cause people to not absorb all nutrition fruit and milk has to offer
That just doesn’t seem enough calories especially with a two mile walk. You just eat defrosted frozen fruit? What about coffee Were you hungry at all? I find sticking to dairy without liver, eggs or seafood makes me a little on the hungry side.
I eat 2500 calories 3000 calories weekends, lots of bananas dates mangoes whatever fresh fruit is available currently cherries and peaches, and as backup options sometimes smoothies with frozen fruit whenever its hot out they are so satisfying and refreshing. I am more satisfied than before. Ray peat mentions lower protein makes him need less thyroid meds meaning this way could increase metabolic rate , so maybe in the long run I will feel the need to increase calories but it’s been a short few months experiment so far and I feel so good. I can see why he says that this diet is the one in line with the cosmos. NOt hungrier than usual, yes i still enjoy 3 cups of coffee a day :)

Last edited:

Matestube

Maybe you still have healing to do when it comes to your gut?? I don’t have any issues digesting any fruit at all but I used to pre peat. Took me years to get here though

Well I doubt a food that I need to heal before I can eat is trully health-giving.
Suprisingly enough I don't have to do any healing before I can tolerate raw liver, eggs, cheese.
These seem to be much more nutrient-dense and health-giving than fruit.

I think your body naturally knows what's nutrient dense and doesn't react badly to such foods.

OP
N

Nik665

Well I doubt a food that I need to heal before I can eat is trully health-giving.
Suprisingly enough I don't have to do any healing before I can tolerate raw liver, eggs, cheese.
These seem to be much more nutrient-dense and health-giving than fruit.

I think your body naturally knows what's nutrient dense and doesn't react badly to such foods.
not sure we are all different but so far I am loving the energy, the happiness the clear mind which i had eating peat ish, but it has increased which i did not think was possible as i thought i felt so good before, but definitely think Ray is on to something with this cosmos aligned way of eating and the 50 grams of protein only! digging it :) i am reacting extremely well to milk oj coffee fruits cheese and ice cream only,

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals