Low Toxin Studies New hypothesis - Parkinson's is just toxicity

mosaic01

Interesting new paper that could help bring more attention to the toxicity angle of disease:

"New hypothesis paper builds on a growing scientific consensus that Parkinson's disease route to the brain starts in either the nose or the gut and proposes that environmental toxicants are the likely source."

"A new hypothesis paper appearing in the Journal of Parkinson's Disease on World Parkinson's Day unites the brain- and body-first models with some of the likely causes of the disease-environmental toxicants that are either inhaled or ingested. The authors of the new study, who include Borghammer, argue that inhalation of certain pesticides, common dry cleaning chemicals, and air pollution predispose to a brain-first model of the disease. Other ingested toxicants, such as tainted food and contaminated drinking water, lead to body-first model of the disease."

"The new piece argues that toxins encountered in the environment, specifically the dry cleaning and degreasing chemicals trichloroethylene (TCE) and perchloroethylene (PCE), the weed killer paraquat, and air pollution, could be common causes for the formation of toxic alpha-synuclein. TCE and PCE contaminates thousands of former industrial, commercial, and military sites, most notably the Marine Corps base Camp Lejeune, and paraquat is one of the most widely used herbicides in the US, despite being banned for safety concerns in more than 30 countries, including the European Union and China. Air pollution was at toxic levels in nineteenth century London when James Parkinson, whose 269th birthday is celebrated today, first described the condition."

"In addition to Parkinson's, these models of environmental exposure may advance understanding of how toxicants contribute to other brain disorders, including autism in children, ALS in adults, and Alzheimer's in seniors. Dorsey and his colleagues at the University of Rochester have organized a symposium on the Brain and the Environment in Washington, DC, on May 20 that will examine the role toxicants in our food, water, and air are playing in all these brain diseases."

Given the "growing consensus" that PD starts in either the nose (air) or the gut (food), it's only the logical next step to assume toxicity. It will be interesting to see where this will go.

Last edited:

bruschi11

Body is way too complicated to call it “just toxicity.”

Parkinson’s needs nadph. That’s what we know for sure. The universal cure for Parkinson’s when it works is B1. But that’s in few. But it’s because b1 upregulates nadph.

Well what does nadph do? Nadph recycles glutathione. It helps moves cysteine to the Krebs raising threonine from aspartate. Nadph releases iron from the liver and we know more men get Parkinson’s and we know men are more prone to get toxic in iron in the liver.

Vitamin A can cause the liver to retain iron if it’s not being used properly. So that approach can help. Vitamin A toxicity can block nadph.

I think end of day Parkinson’s is imbalance of minerals/nutrients. But the toxins always have the ability to push them in the wrong direction.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I pretty much figured out that "Parkinson's" is heavy metal toxicity like copper, lead, etc. In my research I always kept coming back to that and from real life experience I proved it true.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Body is way too complicated to call it “just toxicity.”
"They" would like to you to think it is complicated, it's not. It simply comes down to toxicities and deficiencies. Easy peasy.

youngsinatra

Heavy metals, biocides, chemicals, pollutants inhibit enzymes in the mitochondria.

The most sensitive complex is complex 1 in the ETC. It‘s function only needs to be reduced (damaged) by 10-20% to cause a big loss of ATP production. Complex I heavily depends on NAD/FAD, so nicotinic acid and riboflavin for the win. Many toxins inhibit complex 1.

All comes down to mitochondria and ATP. But it’s not as simple as plain deficiencies. It’s the toxins that block ATP production. Supraphysiological doses of cofactors may be needed in the process of getting rid of the toxins through a detoxification protocol.

Morten

Forum Supporter
Heavy metals, biocides, chemicals, pollutants inhibit enzymes in the mitochondria.

The most sensitive complex is complex 1 in the ETC. It‘s function only needs to be reduced (damaged) by 10-20% to cause a big loss of ATP production. Complex I heavily depends on NAD/FAD, so nicotinic acid and riboflavin for the win. Many toxins inhibit complex 1.

All comes down to mitochondria and ATP. But it’s not as simple as plain deficiencies. It’s the toxins that block ATP production. Supraphysiological doses of cofactors may be needed in the process of getting rid of the toxins through a detoxification protocol.
Fully agree, great explanation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals