Novak Đoković And His Diet

M

member 2106

If we’re looking at from the perspective of hair loss, Djokovic has that over his peers: Federer, Murray and particularly Nadal all show varying degrees of pattern baldness. And they’re not the only ones.

In addition, he looks kind of too skinny.

Herbie

Im quite sure celebrity diet write ups like this which are clearly leaning towards an agenda are completely not reflective of what the person actually eats.

Gone Peating

tbh it looks solid

keep in mind high pufa sources live avocado or almonds are not at all equivalent to avocado or almond oil, the former have some vitamin e in them to counteract any pufa oxidation whereas the latter obviously have none

typically foods higher in pufa have higher amounts of vitamin e in them

gaze

Im quite sure celebrity diet write ups like this which are clearly leaning towards an agenda are completely not reflective of what the person actually eats.

He’s a co producer and featured in the new vegan documentary “game changers”, so he’s part of the agenda himself

tbh it looks solid

keep in mind high pufa sources live avocado or almonds are not at all equivalent to avocado or almond oil, the former have some vitamin e in them to counteract any pufa oxidation whereas the latter obviously have none

typically foods higher in pufa have higher amounts of vitamin e in them
Vitamin E doesn't negate all of the damage PUFA can do. And even if it did, the plants make the vitamin E for their seeds, not for humans. The temperature of seeds is much lower than the temperature of a human, so higher doses of tocopherols would be necessary to protect from those PUFA.

With the amount of inluence these very famous people have over the population, it would make perfect sense.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

That would attract trolls and arguments.
You eat grains like quinoa (you avoid starch super high in carbs)
Vegetables,
Avocado
Fish
Green smothies

No diary, no sugar

Some nuts... and so on...

Sugar is not good for my insomnia, like it is by you, spiking insulin to often also isnt good
So low sugar and low eating frequency=less insomnia
But low calories and low carba has its downsides
Eating to big meals is also bad so balancing is hard
I can balance this out only with protein
I dont know abot starchy carbs and fiber, maybe they are good maybe bad 4 me
Fructose from fruit also bothers me, fruit in general

So you can still put more info about your diet? Dont choose your moves based on trols reactions ;)

dreamcatcher

You eat grains like quinoa (you avoid starch super high in carbs)
Vegetables,
Avocado
Fish
Green smothies

No diary, no sugar

Some nuts... and so on...

Sugar is not good for my insomnia, like it is by you, spiking insulin to often also isnt good
So low sugar and low eating frequency=less insomnia
But low calories and low carba has its downsides
Eating to big meals is also bad so balancing is hard
I can balance this out only with protein
I dont know abot starchy carbs and fiber, maybe they are good maybe bad 4 me
Fructose from fruit also bothers me, fruit in general

So you can still put more info about your diet? Dont choose your moves based on trols reactions ;)
Good research:)
Lots of vegetables-all kinds/greens, seaweeds-some Japanese elements such as tamari soy sauce (gluten free), tofu, miso; soaked nuts and seeds in small amounts, avocados, soaked brown rice or white basmati rice, soaked oats, buckwheat, quinoa, some potatoes, sourdough rye bread (made with only 3 ingredients) in small amounts, sprouted lentils- I make a stew with vegetables, occasionally soaked kidney beans and chickpeas, liver, fish- oily fishes as well, eaten with their internal organs; shrimp, oyster, cockles, crab, octopus, scallops, etc; eggs, (I sometimes make pancakes using eggs, grated apple/berries, coconut milk, coconut flour and cinnamon) small amounts of red meat (organic and grass fed), chicken, coconut milk, small amounts of fruits including bananas. ( I sometimes make a smoothie with frozen fruits/banana, gelatin, moringa, chlorella, alfalfa, wheatgrass, barley grass, kelp, spirulina and ashwaghanda powders.) I eat 100% dark chocolate; drink green and other herbal teas; use raw butter, coconut oil, ghee and some extra virgin olive oil. I occasionally make bone broth.
I'm 41 but look at least 10 years younger. Sometimes they think I'm in my 20's.

Last edited:
OP
Dino D

Dino D

Lots of vegetables-all kinds/greens, seaweeds-some Japanese elements such as tamari soy sauce (gluten free), tofu, miso; soaked nuts and seeds in small amounts, soaked brown rice or white basmati rice, soaked oats, buckwheat, quinoa, some potatoes, sourdough rye bread (made with only 3 ingredients) in small amounts, sprouted lentils- I make a stew with vegetables, occasionally soaked kidney beans and chickpeas, liver, fish- oily fishes as well, eaten with their internal organs; eggs, (I sometimes make pancakes using eggs, grated apple/berries, coconut milk, coconut flour and cinnamon) small amounts of red meat (organic and grass fed), chicken, coconut milk, small amounts of fruits including bananas. ( I sometimes make a smoothie with frozen fruits/banana, gelatin, moringa, chlorella, alfalfa, wheatgrass, barley grass, kelp, spirulina and ashwaghanda powders.) I eat 100% dark chocolate; drink green and other herbal teas; use raw butter, coconut oil, ghee and some extra virgin olive oil. I occasionally make bone broth.
Your insomnia was gone after dumpimg sugar?
How is it with bloating and water retention?

Birdie

To be fair, due to his active lifestyle, he is most likely minimizing the effects of PUFA and endotoxin to some degree via exercise. I came from years of doing a similar diet before I found Peat, and did notice benefits, but the long term effects of PUFA from a lot of the nuts and seeds really caught up with me. My digestion was awful. My body temperature was consistently low and I was always the coldest one in the room. His diet is healthier than the way many people today eat, and it has a decent amount of nutrition in it, including carbs, so many people will notice short and medium term benefits on such a diet. He gets plenty of exercise, sun, probably has a easier life than a majority of people, assuming he is paid well, so all those things will help contribute to less stress and better health as well. This is also assuming he doesn't use any under-the-table/illegal substances to speed up recovery and help performance. Those things probably help offset the PUFA effects in his diet to some degree. But I'm not convinced nuts and seeds, for the most part, are foods to rely upon long term however. Also, one could easily do a Peat version of this diet with a few minor tweaks and it would probably be healthier. Use cod and other low PUFA white fish and shell fish as protein, leafy safer greens like Bok Choy for calcium, replace all nuts and seeds by using coconut and chocolate instead. (If one really wanted nuts, they could use some macademia nuts which are one of the lowest PUFA nuts, but I don't think they have anything nutritionally that other foods have so I don't feel nuts are essential food). This would emulate a more tropical-island diet, similar to those seen in parts of Asia, etc. But ultimately everyone has to listen to their bodies and experiment to see what makes them feel best (sustained energy, healthy body temp., good sleep, etc.).
Good comment. I've sent it to my husband who has lately taken up nuts. Short term results with the nuts for him.

Jennifer

Lots of vegetables-all kinds/greens, seaweeds-some Japanese elements such as tamari soy sauce (gluten free), tofu, miso; soaked nuts and seeds in small amounts, avocados, soaked brown rice or white basmati rice, soaked oats, buckwheat, quinoa, some potatoes, sourdough rye bread (made with only 3 ingredients) in small amounts, sprouted lentils- I make a stew with vegetables, occasionally soaked kidney beans and chickpeas, liver, fish- oily fishes as well, eaten with their internal organs; shrimp, oyster, cockles, crab, octopus, scallops, etc; eggs, (I sometimes make pancakes using eggs, grated apple/berries, coconut milk, coconut flour and cinnamon) small amounts of red meat (organic and grass fed), chicken, coconut milk, small amounts of fruits including bananas. ( I sometimes make a smoothie with frozen fruits/banana, gelatin, moringa, chlorella, alfalfa, wheatgrass, barley grass, kelp, spirulina and ashwaghanda powders.) I eat 100% dark chocolate; drink green and other herbal teas; use raw butter, coconut oil, ghee and some extra virgin olive oil. I occasionally make bone broth.
Hi! Do you have a favorite recipe or way of preparing your tofu that you wouldn't mind sharing? :)

Runenight201

I would like to add that I just had the most fuego kimchi white rice that may have completely changed my life.

Runenight201

Nice! Was it one of your creations?

Kind of? I bought some jarred kimchi from the grocery store and then mixed it with some white rice. It was a little expensive though, so I looked up how to make kimchi on my own and it looks like a big time investment. So now I’m torn between finding a cheaper version or spending some time every week making a ton of kimchi.

Kimchi itself though is so flavorful and packed with adventure. I tried it once back in school but that was in my weird keto days and so I attempted to eat it on its own and found it disgusting. When I tried it today I instantly recognized that it needed to be mixed with rice and then it created the most glorious complement to rice that I had been vainly searching for months.

reality

It’s stated he has a sensitivity to tomato’s yet they are still included in his daily meals... right

dreamcatcher

Hi! Do you have a favorite recipe or way of preparing your tofu that you wouldn't mind sharing? :)
Gosh, I had no favourite recipe, I just used it as it is. I won't be lying, I might have eaten it max twice. I no longer eat soy products, that post was from ages ago, I never really liked them.

burtlancast

"The pair later met for a consultation in which Cetojevic asked to hold a slice of bread against his stomach with his left hand, with his right arm outstretched, resisting the pressure as the doctor pushed down on him. When his arm felt appreciably weaker than before, it became apparent that Djokovic was sensitive to gluten."

There you go people.

That's the proper way for a licensed nutritionist to diagnose gluten intolerance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals