Observations from using a continuous glucose monitor - Jessie Inchauspé

OP
David PS

David PS

Jessie's comments:
👉 Are oats for breakfast ok for our glucose levels? It depends.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Some people report that after a breakfast containing oats, they feel tired, sluggish, and need coffee. Other people feel fine.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The reason? The glucose spike.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Oats are starch, and starch turn to glucose in our bodies. It's very important to combine oats with fat, fiber, and protein to reduce their spike and feel good.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
✅Add to your oats: nuts, whole fruit, seeds, protein powder...
❌Avoid: honey, sugar, maple syrup, fruit purée

1669719001150.png

OP
David PS

David PS

1670181312763.png
1670181591677.png
1670181752808.png
1670181870954.png

1670182034530.png

OP
David PS

David PS

1670243274669.png
1670243404788.png

OP
David PS

David PS

1670511140908.png

OP
David PS

David PS

glucosegoddess

😢 And this is why dried fruit aren’t our friends....

🥭 Why? Because we need 150 grams of fresh mango to make 10 grams of dried mango. We remove the water, but the sugar stays. So there is 15 times more sugar in 100 grams of dried mango than in 100 grams of fresh mango.

❤️ Remember: only eat your fruit whole - not juiced or dried.

1671218643792.png

OP
David PS

David PS

1671358176913.png

OP
David PS

David PS

glucosegoddess
I like this idea: when we eat something sweet, the objective should be to maximize pleasure, and minimize impact on the body - minimize how much of a glucose rollercoaster the sweet food will create.

Easy tip: put some clothes on your carbs.

What's your favorite clothes on carbs combo? ❤️❤️
--
1671478431902.png

blackarrows20

I think without the whole data we can not make a comment.The prior state before eating(Rest,daily stress,exercise also what someone eat generally) changes the whole dynamic.

OP
David PS

David PS

I think without the whole data we can not make a comment.The prior state before eating(Rest,daily stress,exercise also what someone eat generally) changes the whole dynamic.
First, welcome to the forum.

I agree that there are many variables that will influence an indivual's results. Your results will most likely vary from the images that Jessie has provided from her Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM). But the exact size of the reduction in a glucose spike is not as important as the likelihood that the size of an after-meal spike is being reduced by following her guidelines (hacks). It gets further complicated if you combine more than one of her hacks at a meal

Analysis paralysis (or paralysis by analysis) does not negate the science. If you want to understand precisely the exact effect that her hacks have on your blood glucose, then you will need to get your own CGM. If you do not have your own personalized data (from a CGM), then just go with the flow of science.

OP
David PS

David PS

1671537133180.png

I like this idea: when we eat something sweet, the objective should be to maximize pleasure, and minimize impact on the body - minimize how much of a glucose rollercoaster the sweet food will create.

Easy tip: put some clothes on your carbs.

OP
David PS

David PS

1672503518924.png
1672503613823.png
1672503737016.png
1672504040440.png

1672504166816.png
1672504269801.png

nomoreketones

Everywhere I try to order one they require a doctor's info or prescription (in the USA).

Is there a website you can order one without a prescription? Or is there any Indian pharmacies that carry them that anyone knows about?

Edit:
In the USA there are a couple of companies that have doctors on staff to write you a prescription who sell these things. It's more expensive this way but that is the price of not living in a free country. :(

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKrCe9fHsSc

QUOTES: “My work on teaching people about glucose is not a diet and its primary objective is not fat loss.
Its primary objective is to help the 80 odd percent of the population that has glucose spikes everyday avoid those spikes, [...] the common consequence is fat loss but that’s not the primary angle we’re going after.”
“The amount of fat you have on your body is not a very good representation of your internal health.”
“In order to lose fat your insulin levels have to be down.”
“Starches and sugars they’re fine to eat but they’re for taste, they’re for pleasure.”
“Fiber is only really useful in the context of other bad stuff you’re eating.”
“Glucose is your body’s preferred energy source, […] Every single living thing on this planet also runs on glucose, from plants, to dolphins to humans.”
“Your muscles are your best friend in this glucose world.”
“The best time to eat a cookie is before you workout.”

reality

Are “spikes” even a big deal? Carbs will spike blood sugar, and then insulin moves sugar into the cells… and then you’re back to baseline. Isn’t the problem when your sugar drops BELOW and then you get a stress response to bring it back up?

Also, the low carb meals she has with just protein and fat, surely they are worse as protein will trigger insulin, which will lower sugar even more and cause a stress response. I know when I eat a ‘low carb’ meal I get a huge crash after. I don’t get this crash from carbs

OP
David PS

David PS

Are “spikes” even a big deal? Carbs will spike blood sugar, and then insulin moves sugar into the cells… and then you’re back to baseline. Isn’t the problem when your sugar drops BELOW and then you get a stress response to bring it back up?
"Spikes" are part of life. The issue is the magnitude of the spikes and the frequency of the spikes. If someone eliminates snacking between meals, the number of spikes with be reduced. Jessie is focused on how to fine-tune your eating patterns to minimize the size of the spikes. Once again 'size matters'. The issue with the excessively large spikes they trigger too much insulin to be released into the blood. Jessie writes about how to manage stress catabolism by avoiding hypoglycemia/blood glucose roller coaster.
1660325008087-png.40366

Also, the low carb meals she has with just protein and fat, surely they are worse as protein will trigger insulin, which will lower sugar even more and cause a stress response. I know when I eat a ‘low carb’ meal I get a huge crash after. I don’t get this crash from carbs
Jessie is not recommending low carb eating. She is recommending eating carbs at the end of the meal (think desserts, she does). She recommends starting the meal with veggies and then protein.
1660473306459-png.40493

Some of her examples may not show all of the components in a meal. But that is just to simplify the example; it is not a dietary recommendation.
1660848286245-png.40708

1663594395035-png.42420

Galia

I've never had a spike over 140 that I've ever caught on a finger stick and I have had my fair share of health problems. I am the "normal" on this chart. She would be the nearly pre-diabetic. Yes she is definitely running on free fatty acids especially if she regularly eats nothing but a meal of cabbage lol.
View attachment 40438
which is this book, sorry for the question?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals