Peatist Losers [Weight Loss]

blessed by extra junk in their trunk

THIS should be the title :lol:

Hey ladies, I think there have been previous fat loss threads already started. We could revive one of those oldies I suppose. You know, in the interest of keeping things Simple & Clutter Free.

Curiosity: what was your top dose?

I was mainlining three bottles of Progest-E per week, but shhh, don't tell.

Yours Truly,

Heap Big Woman (truly a blue eyed floozy)

Last edited:
OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

This is a thread dedicated to chronicling the methods, statistics, and experiences of fat bottomed girls and other various types of people trying to lose weight by doing a very low fat (VLF) Peat-style diet. The thread title is a word play on the title of the TV show "The Biggest Loser", which was the inspiration for this VLF Peat experiment.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

Day 3 is not going so well...hurry up and make a thread so I can go and complain over there.

Done. Title is Peatist Loser.

Please don't forget to post your most excellent summary of your strategy with edits. :)

Women generally have a harder time losing body fat because of estrogen. Yes, progesterone is the "female" hormone but there are different kinds of estrogens. Testosterone is a fat burning hormone. If you inject men with estrogen, they get fat and grow boobs. If you inject women with testosterone, they grow beards, get hairier and deeper voices. Women have to have the ability to store fat easier to survive pregnancy. That is fats basic function in that context.

As far as VLF, from a Peat view it would only be dairy, coconut and cocoa fat one would be limiting since he doesn't care for pufa and mufa olive/avocado. It really depends on the individuals context.

A daily diet that includes two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice provides enough fructose and other sugars for general resistance to stress, but larger amounts of fruit juice, honey, or other sugars can protect against increased stress, and can reverse some of the established degenerative conditions.--RP
  • ZERO starch...nope, none.
  • Very Low Fat, 20 grams or less
  • Strict PUFA avoidance, keep it under 4 gm per day
  • High protein, for me that's at least 100 grams, often more.
  • Carb emphasis on Fructose, I used honey, OJ and non-GMO fructose powder
  • NO constipation, keep guts clean and moving. Raw Carrots
  • Lots of Calcium, keep cal/phos ratio in check
  • Lots of caffeine, use theanine when pushed too far
  • B vits if you need them
  • Progesterone
  • Thyroid meds
  • Sunshine & Walking daily
  • Vitamin E
  • Good Sleep
  • No Stress
The first time I tried this I couldn't handle too many liquids. Substituting low fat cheese, 100% fat free greek yogurt or fat free/low fat cottage cheese for most of the milk helped tremendously. Making jello with the OJ helped too as well as eating dried fruits to get enough concentrated carbs with less liquid.

Be sure to add in seafood several times a week as well as liver.

My personal CHANGES FOR THIS GO-ROUND:
  1. I'm just drinking 1% milk, no yogurt/no cheese/no cottage cheese.
  2. No longer eating the fructose powder, just honey and organic sugar.
  3. Mostly whole fresh fruits, less dried fruit than last time and drinking the OJ in liquid form.
  4. I'm also no longer taking Cynoplus, stopped nearly a month ago, it'll be T3 only from here out.
  5. My caloric deficit is far more forgiving this time, but the challenge is greater.
  6. I'm taking milk thistle for my liver
  7. I'm taking extra glycine powder in OJ
  8. I'm taking more vitamin A than last time.
  9. I'm eating more fiber from well-cooked veg

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

As far as VLF, from a Peat view it would only be dairy, coconut and cocoa fat one would be limiting since he doesn't care for pufa and mufa olive/avocado. It really depends on the individuals context.
I'm limiting all fat. Skim milk, no 85% dark chocolate :(, no cheese, no coconut oil, etc. I am taking @haidut's Mitolipin, though. I like that stuff. It tastes like butter. :) And of course the vitamin E in Progest-E, which probably amounts to a bit of fat right there, since I'm taking such huge doses.

Calorie restricted VLF with starch is without a doubt the most effective weight loss strategy I've ever tried, so I think calorie restricted VLF is the way to go. But the starch approach tanks the metabolism, as evidenced by colder extremities and stuff like that. Never took my temp on it. I only circled back around to Peat very recently so haven't been fooling with temps except for the last couple weeks or so.

Metabolism problems of calorie restricted VLF may be because of calorie restriction rather than starch v. fructose/glucose. I'm trying it with Peat to compare the overall differences. What I'm hoping to get out of Peat style VLF is less of a ding to the metabolism and maybe some clearing of brain fog due to possible serotonin/mycotoxin problems with starch, while still maintaining the weight loss benefits of calorie restricted VLF.

Brain fog already seems to be clearing a bit but that may be due to the thyroid and progesterone I'm taking. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

@thebigpeatowski : thank you! :wavingyellow

Sooo...what's bad about your day today?

FWIW, VLF can be very, very hard, especially in the beginning. I wanted to salt my fingertips and chew them off for a snack the first few days of the first time I ever tried it. It gets better, especially when the numbers on the scale start to go down.

Have you weighed again yet?

I was just gonna list my starting stats here:

WEIGHT: 135lbs
BUST: 32DD, (that's my bra size, I wasn't sure where to measure :roll:)
WAIST: 29"
HIPS: 38 special....Yeah Baby, the hour glass is definitely Bottom Heavy!!!
HEIGHT: 5'2"

Before and After pics will be posted in the After Life...I mean, when there is an After.

Today is Day 3 for me and I ran in to my first bit of trouble in the early afternoon: hands, feet and nose suddenly became ICY cold and I felt poorly :eek:. I haven't had that feeling in a loooong time.

I popped some T3, gulped down two tablespoons of honey, some salt, drank another glass of milk and did a line of Progest-E and soon All was Well :cool

I haven't got back on the scales yet.....XOXO

Last edited:
OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

Today is Day 3 for me and I ran in to my first bit of trouble in the early afternoon: hands, feet and nose suddenly became ICY cold and I felt poorly :eek:. I haven't had that feeling in a loooong time.
Yikes. Well, there ya go. Maybe we can't get around it.

Are you calorie restricting, too, or just fat?

Did you take your temp during this dip?

I haven't really calorie restricted today, just fat. No chillies at all. I've kept up a steady intake of something or other, even just a small glass of juice, every couple-few hours.

Also, would you please say again how much weight you've already lost and how long it took you to do it with just "regular Peat"? You lost the fat and gained the lean, right?

I'll post stats tomorrow. I hafta find my measuring tape. :rolleyes:

Calorie restricted VLF with starch is without a doubt the most effective weight loss strategy I've ever tried, so I think calorie restricted VLF is the way to go. But the starch approach tanks the metabolism, as evidenced by colder extremities and stuff like that.

So it works for fat loss but your metabolism slows? That's a paradox. Even with restriction, if the starch was causing fat gain or neutral fat then that would show that you have an insulin issue but since you lose fat, it shows that your insulin/glycogen system is working properly. I don't think people have to restrict. But a true Peat diet would be zero starch. The only reason I write about starch is because it works well for me and I've shown examples of females of whom it works for i.e., High Carb Hannah, Chef AJ, etc., so for some, starch actually increases the metabolic rate. I write about it because people ask me about my diet and I also enjoy making arguments against nutritional nuances. I imagine the true VLF Peat diet would be the general Peat diet just lower in dairy fat, lower in calories from cheese: Fruit, fruit juice, low fat/skim milk, low fat cottage cheese, cooked greens, raw carrot/bamboo daily, shellfish, cod, sole, tilapia once or twice a week, liver once every two weeks, and a thyroid supplement. But I don't think restriction is necessary because of the mindset. One shouldn't try to lose body fat quickly for an upcoming event or something. They should make an overall change and enjoyable diet that works long term and lose fat at about the rate of one pound per week until they are down to desired fat level.

Also, VLF Peat and starch doesn't make sense because he only thinks it's safe if consumed with butter or coconut oil so if starch was the major daily calorie source then not adding fat to it wouldn't be "Peat" so the whole concept is paradoxical. I've shown examples of starch eaters who've had success with fat loss but they are people who've done so by eating starch without added butter or oil.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

So it works for fat loss but your metabolism slows? That's a paradox. Even with restriction, if the starch was causing fat gain or neutral fat then that would show that you have an insulin issue but since you lose fat, it shows that your insulin/glycogen system is working properly. I don't think people have to restrict. But a true Peat diet would be zero starch. The only reason I write about starch is because it works well for me and I've shown examples of females of whom it works for i.e., High Carb Hannah, Chef AJ, etc., so for some, starch actually increases the metabolic rate. I write about it because people ask me about my diet and I also enjoy making arguments against nutritional nuances. I imagine the true VLF Peat diet would be the general Peat diet just lower in dairy fat, lower in calories from cheese: Fruit, fruit juice, low fat/skim milk, low fat cottage cheese, cooked greens, raw carrot/bamboo daily, shellfish, cod, sole, tilapia once or twice a week, liver once every two weeks, and a thyroid supplement. But I don't think restriction is necessary because of the mindset. One shouldn't try to lose body fat quickly for an upcoming event or something. They should make an overall change and enjoyable diet that works long term and lose fat at about the rate of one pound per week until they are down to desired fat level.
I know. I completely understand all that. I have for a looooong time.

But when you're fat and middle aged, sometimes you get tired of jacking around with the slow endgame. I don't know if you've been there or not. But I have, for a long time. I"m now at the point where I want to try to get this last bit off while mitigating metabolic damage, and then fix the damage permanently once I get there. I somehow doubt after all I've been through and fixed that a little bit of calorie deprivation built around healthy food and lifestyle is going to completely run me off the rails metabolically. I'm quite sure I can be relatively healthy even on low-cal, as long as I don't carry it on for too long (I won't) and recover completely once I can resume normal eating again.

That said, I may decide it's not worth it and quit after a couple weeks. :lol: Low cal VLF can be ruff even if it's effective for weightloss. If my priorities change due to side effects or just hunger, I'm okay with that. I'm flexible due to being smart enough and experienced enough to know when to quit. But right now my priority is my target clothes. I know I'm shallow. I've accepted that fact about myself. I'm okay with it. ;)

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

Also, VLF Peat and starch doesn't make sense
I never said VLF Peat with starch. I said calorie restricted VLF with starch. Unless it was a typo. Please point out where I said Peat with starch and I'll fix it. That has NEVER been what I've done and never been what I meant.

I never said VLF Peat with starch. I said calorie restricted VLF with starch. Unless it was a typo. Please point out where I said Peat with starch and I'll fix it. That has NEVER been what I've done and never been what I meant.

This is a thread dedicated to chronicling the methods, statistics, and experiences of fat bottomed girls and other various types of people trying to lose weight by doing a very low fat (VLF) Peat-style diet.

I know that's how it started off but you then brought up starch so I had to chime in. It's my fav subject. Sorry for the confusion.

Yikes. Well, there ya go. Maybe we can't get around it.

Are you calorie restricting, too, or just fat?

Both for now unless it becomes unmanageable...this is a moment by moment endeavor. I didn't take my temp at the moment of crisis, normally I would, but it felt like a low blood sugar crash so I ran for the honey first, then salt, then I realized I hadn't taken any T3...ooops.:oops

whodathunkit said:
.... would you please say again how much weight you've already lost and how long it took you to do it with just "regular Peat"? You lost the fat and gained the lean, right?

Highest weight was somewhere just around 200lbs. Started the weight loss with HCG injections through my doc, got to 128lbs in 2011. Maintained that fat loss with a low-carb diet that morphed into IF ketosis until Total Metabolic Mayhem struck suddenly in the Fall of 2013.

Went looking for answers and found Peat in late 2013, jumped in (way over my head) and immediately shot up to 170lbs while having chronic diarrhea, no less. Fun Times Indeed. :hairpull

Did the "protocol" listed above starting in May....I think it was June when the weight started coming off, hard to recall tho. My brain has been MAJORLY effed up for a couple of years now. At any rate, I dropped 38 pounds in two 6 week stints with breaks and re-feeds in between. Dropped to 132lbs by Sept. 2014...gained 3 pounds back since. I figure it's muscle, ha ha.

My brain seems to run better on ketones, but my body does NOT. Adding carbs back in to my life has caused what feels like dementia...or inflammation. But I can't go back to a ketogenic diet. This is why I was interested in your stack mentioned in the other thread....I dunno, I've made a lot of progress Peating.

I can eat like a normal person now, but my brain still suffers and I'm not smart enough to figure it out....but that's a subject for a different thread. I've recently changed up my thyroid medication regime so hopefully that will be the :key: to my My Brain Damage.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

It's my fav subject. Sorry for the confusion.
No probs. :) I guess I could make clearer that I'm interested in comparing the overall benefits of calorie restricted VLF Peat to the overall benefits of calorie restricted VLF with starch. Blame it on the brain fog. :lol:

I'm a starch fan, personally. It's done me a lot of good in the very recent past. But as I get more and more healthy I am interested in finding out what my own metabolic take on starches really is. That is, do they increase serotonin/brain fog for me, stuff like that. I haven't ever been able to tell. Now I might actually be able to figure it out. I've had pretty bad brain fog during the recovery of my health, since I started getting my metabolism back, in fact. Physical health went up, cognition went down. I want to see if I can fix that. Maybe no starch is a key. Brain fog has actually gotten better since I started being more Peat-y a couple of weeks ago, but that could also be due to the thyroid and progesterone. I'll post what I think as it occurs.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

This is why I was interested in your stack mentioned in the other thread....I dunno, I've made a lot of progress Peating.
Yeah, no, my cognition problems got worse when I started the stack. LOL I think it has to do with ramped up (or at least deranged in some w we knay) acetylcholine levels. Digestion has gone wonky on and off, too, although it's been bad for years. Acetylcholine and digestion has to do with the gut. There's a lot of interesting information out there about good and bad gut bacteria and the kind of starch needed to feed them. As we from Peat gut flora can mediate inflammation, but it's not always to our detriment. Some of the bugs are good for us. You might search and read some of that. It's contra Peat, but fixing my gut with pre- and probiotics really helped me physically. Didn't do me any good with cognition, but we're all different. Might be worth looking at for you. Or maybe not. Not everyone has a good experience like I did with starch and gut flora. Just mentioining as food for thought.

It's a hard bunch of problems to figure out. I've accomplished everything I've accomplished pretty much by the Monkey Method...I fling stuff at myself and see what sticks. :meh:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals