Any woman here has cured with transdermal progesterone megadose :

- water retention
- higher than normal weight despite calorie deficit
- moodiness
- constant sweating when barely hot
- anxiety and aggressivity

?

kimbriel

Some do, but please be aware that you will likely have estrogen kickback in the beginning.

I do not primarily take transdermal progesterone cream (but a little bit - I was trying 20% for a while, but I ran out of it) but rather progesterone oil (I have both Kenogen and forefront's product).

I wonder about your adrenals with symptoms like that, but also that sounds like the beginning of hypothyroidism.

I would say drink salted orange juice (Ray Peat would say use canning and pickling salt because of the purity, other places say unrefined salt is best for all the minerals - whatever you do, don't use iodized table salt), throughout the day to support adrenals - or I have electrolyte packets - from LMNT or Trace Minerals.

Regarding thyroid: They say in the beginning, you will sweat excessively as your body desperately tries to regulate temperature with a struggling thyroid. Looking back, that was certainly true of me. Then when your hypothyroidism progresses, you hardly sweat at all... 2 sides of the same coin - your metabolism is struggling.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Any woman here has cured with transdermal progesterone megadose :

- water retention
- higher than normal weight despite calorie deficit
- moodiness
- constant sweating when barely hot
- anxiety and aggressivity

?
some women in this FB support group reported weight loss.
The group owner Kitty or Kate, advocates high dose.
lots of good resources there.

kimbriel

The group is called Estrogen Dominance Support Group - it's pretty Peaty. Group owner is Kitty Martone.

OP
Santosh

Santosh

The group is called Estrogen Dominance Support Group - it's pretty Peaty. Group owner is Kitty Martone.

Thank you.

What seems to be a minimum effective daily dose women of this group usually report to yield weight normalization ?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Per day ?

I ask you on here as I have clearly no intention to join a facebook group.
per day, in divided doses.
I just joined recently.
you can find tracks with Kitty Martone and listen to her recommendations.
Initially, I'd say start with 25 to 50 mg and increase gradually by that much till you find the right does for you, which you may need to stay with for a few weeks or months. I understand, many in the group don't even bother cycling (pausing for 1-2 weeks), at least in the initial stage.

kimbriel

Thank you.

What seems to be a minimum effective daily dose women of this group usually report to yield weight normalization ?

I don't actually know the answer. I can ask for you? I take a much lower dose than is typical in that group, but my symptoms seem to be a lot less extreme... In fact, I haven't shown any Estrogen Dominance at all, on labs, and my Prolactin is optimal for a woman... it's just obviously at some point I did have Estrogen Dominance, as I have Hashimoto's and I had Neuroendocrine Cancer of the lung this year... so obviously have severe metabolic issues (from all the decades before I discovered Ray Peat)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals