Random Thoughts

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I got enough for 3 per day for a full year dude!!!Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that one. :nutkick

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
We are a bunch of pill heads. :lol: Good ones though. :mrgreen:

MASSIVE MUDSLIDE

We had a massive mudslide in my neck of the woods on Saturday morning: lotsa peeps injured, several dead and many more missing. There are constant helicopters flying over my house, I keep hoping that's a good sign...like perhaps they are still finding people alive. While it is warm and sunny today, it gets VERY cold at night so I dunno....WHAT A MESS! This occurred about ten minutes up the road from my house in a very small community, losing that many members at one time is truly devastating. I keep trying to function normally, but the mood and feeling around here is very heavy. I don't have t.v. so I have to get my updates online, which are lame. :cry:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm wishing you all the best! Hang in there and keep us posted.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just saw that on the news. :(

Yep, 14 dead bodies recovered so far...and one black lab, found ALIVE! It's gonna start raining again tomorrow. The mud is 30 feet deep in some areas and the river is partially blocked and flooding several more homes. There is around 100 people still unaccounted for, prospects don't look good.....sorry to be such a bummer, I will try to find some good news.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Stay strong. Added stress calls for more sugar. :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Don't worry about being a bummer at a time like this! Sometimes realism is on the agenda. I wish I could remember Hagandazine's Peat quote about pseudooptimism right now. If you get a chance look it up, it's a good one. You don't have to put on a happy face for anyone during a time this tough.

4peatssake

For Blossom

Ray Peat said:
Pseudo-optimism, humor-as-therapy, has a certain value, but a deeper optimism involves a willingness to assimilate new information and to change plans accordingly.

For Peata

[glow=red]Ray Peat Right Again!![/glow]

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I hate snow in late March, not to be negative but.....

Filip1993

I want to move to a tropical island. Sunshine, ocean salt and loads of ripe tropical fruits.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Me too, but I guess for now I'll be happy with my red light and that my community hasn't suffered from a mudslide. The snow has almost melted already!

I got caught in the middle of a nasty rainstorm while body surfing in Hawaii last October. The wind was blowing so hard the rain drops felt like being shot at with a BB gun. It was actually warmer to stay under water and ride the storm out. The waves were HUGE, but washed in a bunch of Pacific Bluebottles inshore ...despite multiple jelly fish stings and sand abrasions, I never felt more ALIVE.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My friend just told me a lady on tv admits to breastfeeding her pet rabbit. I wonder if she knows that high prolactin isn't healthy! :lol: :lol:

OP
J

j.

From the web, about autoimmune diseases:

In autoimmune diseases, the immune system makes antibodies against part or parts of the body. In autoimmune Addison's disease, you make antibodies which attach to cells in the adrenal cortex. These destroy the cells which make cortisol and aldosterone. The adrenal medulla is not affected (so you still make adrenaline and noradrenaline). It is thought that something triggers the immune system to make these antibodies. The trigger is not known.

I believe plastic can be a trigger.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That phrase comes up quit a bit in 'medicine'....."is not known". They sure portray a different image to the public.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm going to a yoga class next week and the instructor does buteyko! A coworker invited me and asked about normal respiratory rate. When I told her she said that her yoga teacher got his respirations down to 4 a minute! I can hardly wait!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals