Ray Peat Has Grey Hair, No Facial Hair, Black Teeth And Age Pigments

sladerunner69

the reason piana looked healthy (which he didnt if you paid a closer look) to some people, is because he would be super healthy if he was carrying an insane amount of muscle like that around under normal circumstances (no steroids) . and i think thats the point that the person in this thread wanted to make ,even though it was misunderstood by many.
so muscles are a sign of strength and expecially of health thats why women are biologically drawn to them.
its of course not the same if you force your body to carry unphysiological amounts of muscle by taking anabolic steroids in crazy dosages...

and to all the others that say they dont care how he looks because his diet makes them feel good. just think about that there are thousands of people that swear that the keto or paleo diet made them feel good. i do believe that it made them feel good.although that shouldnt be the only relevenat thing to look for when accsesing a diet . it is an improtant one though!

Actually I'm going to disagree with all of your main points... being insanely muscular (Even if that guy's muscularity was somehow at all possible without steroids) is NOT a sign of good health. The primary factor in muscle mass is testosterone levels, the research makes this clear. Some guys can gain 10 lbs of muscle in a month just from taking steroids and not changing anything else. However, having high testosterone levels is not necessarily healthy. Ideally, you would want a good portion of the testosterone being converted to DHT, a hormone that helps lower bodyfat and has plenty of nice qualities but does not increase muscle size at all. Also, you would want very little of this testosterone to convert over to estrogen, which is very unlikely. It only takes a little testosterone to create a lot of estrogen during a stress. Most steroid users are under heavy stress, and so take "aromatase-inhibitors" to keep their estrogen levels in check, but when measuring the levels are still significant, much higher than where I would want them to be healthy and prevent cancer, for example. So hormonally speaking, I would not want my testosterone levels as high as D*ck Piano's which I would assume to be at least 2000 dg/ml. The standard healthy range is from 400-800, and some bodybuilders taking steroids have tested as high as 5000 which in my opinion is just bananas. Even if that were possible naturally, that could not be healthy because you would have to have low DHT and high estrogen. Also haidut wrote about an Islander Tribe, I think the Maori, were very muscular, had no body hair and small genitals with low libido. They were tested for high testosterone, high estrogen, and low DHT.

Other problems with using muscle mass as a health metric are the diet and training. Both of these have to be bad and stressful if to maximize muscle growth. The diet which has proven to increase muscle mass the most are diets very high in muscle meats because these proteins stimulate muscle growth the most, as Peat says. But muscle meats also cause inflammation and increased serotonin and related problems. Most bodybuilding diets also call for very little saturated fats and eating most unsaturated fat, in my experience, and this would further increase stress, along with cutting carbohydrates when trying to get ripped and lean. Eating a diet of nothing but muscle meat, canola oil, and a couple bowls of oatmeal is certainly not healthy from Peat's view.

The training which maximizes muscle growth can also be very stressful. Most bodybuilders who are serious about building mass and bulking up with train for about an hour or two. This is far too long. Scientific publications have generally reached a consensus that the optimal weight training program for health purposes is very short and less frequent, most say 3 times a week for 45 minutes, although I have read a compelling argument for one 15 minute workout every 7-10 days. This is because the amount of weight lifting and level of intensity that bodybuilders like to do, that amount compromises joint and nervous system health, and keeps stress hormones elevated. It only takes 30 minutes of weightlifting or less for the liver to expend all of its glycogen, and then you are running on pure stress- estrogen, cortisol, and adrenaline. That is not healthy...

Mauritio

Actually I'm going to disagree with all of your main points... being insanely muscular (Even if that guy's muscularity was somehow at all possible without steroids) is NOT a sign of good health. The primary factor in muscle mass is testosterone levels, the research makes this clear. Some guys can gain 10 lbs of muscle in a month just from taking steroids and not changing anything else. However, having high testosterone levels is not necessarily healthy. Ideally, you would want a good portion of the testosterone being converted to DHT, a hormone that helps lower bodyfat and has plenty of nice qualities but does not increase muscle size at all. Also, you would want very little of this testosterone to convert over to estrogen, which is very unlikely. It only takes a little testosterone to create a lot of estrogen during a stress. Most steroid users are under heavy stress, and so take "aromatase-inhibitors" to keep their estrogen levels in check, but when measuring the levels are still significant, much higher than where I would want them to be healthy and prevent cancer, for example. So hormonally speaking, I would not want my testosterone levels as high as D*ck Piano's which I would assume to be at least 2000 dg/ml. The standard healthy range is from 400-800, and some bodybuilders taking steroids have tested as high as 5000 which in my opinion is just bananas. Even if that were possible naturally, that could not be healthy because you would have to have low DHT and high estrogen. Also haidut wrote about an Islander Tribe, I think the Maori, were very muscular, had no body hair and small genitals with low libido. They were tested for high testosterone, high estrogen, and low DHT.

Other problems with using muscle mass as a health metric are the diet and training. Both of these have to be bad and stressful if to maximize muscle growth. The diet which has proven to increase muscle mass the most are diets very high in muscle meats because these proteins stimulate muscle growth the most, as Peat says. But muscle meats also cause inflammation and increased serotonin and related problems. Most bodybuilding diets also call for very little saturated fats and eating most unsaturated fat, in my experience, and this would further increase stress, along with cutting carbohydrates when trying to get ripped and lean. Eating a diet of nothing but muscle meat, canola oil, and a couple bowls of oatmeal is certainly not healthy from Peat's view.

The training which maximizes muscle growth can also be very stressful. Most bodybuilders who are serious about building mass and bulking up with train for about an hour or two. This is far too long. Scientific publications have generally reached a consensus that the optimal weight training program for health purposes is very short and less frequent, most say 3 times a week for 45 minutes, although I have read a compelling argument for one 15 minute workout every 7-10 days. This is because the amount of weight lifting and level of intensity that bodybuilders like to do, that amount compromises joint and nervous system health, and keeps stress hormones elevated. It only takes 30 minutes of weightlifting or less for the liver to expend all of its glycogen, and then you are running on pure stress- estrogen, cortisol, and adrenaline. That is not healthy...

Of course we are talking about a hypothetical situation here. because there is no need in nature to carry around that amount of muscle ,as it would probably lower your survival chances. there is however a certain body type that is considered athletic ,which still has a good amount of muscle mass. and that body type is generally considered healthy and attractive. i dont say this person neccesarily has to be healthy. i do say the inverse is true. an obese person with ,low muscle mass, hair loss etc cannot be healthy IMO .
so the piana example is probably nuts. However my point is : a healthy body is able and willing to carry more muscle mass than a sick one, and therefore muscle mass can be used to some extend to measure ones health. but of course you would have to take in other factors as well like how often does the person train ? for example i get asked sometimes what kind of sport i do and when i reply :"not much, really" people dont believe me . i do have to so this hasnt been the case forever. a few years ago - when i was unhealthier- i was just kind of skinny not athletic.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Most of the people on here look like trash too.
iu

sladerunner69

Of course we are talking about a hypothetical situation here. because there is no need in nature to carry around that amount of muscle ,as it would probably lower your survival chances. there is however a certain body type that is considered athletic ,which still has a good amount of muscle mass. and that body type is generally considered healthy and attractive. i dont say this person neccesarily has to be healthy. i do say the inverse is true. an obese person with ,low muscle mass, hair loss etc cannot be healthy IMO .
so the piana example is probably nuts. However my point is : a healthy body is able and willing to carry more muscle mass than a sick one, and therefore muscle mass can be used to some extend to measure ones health. but of course you would have to take in other factors as well like how often does the person train ? for example i get asked sometimes what kind of sport i do and when i reply :"not much, really" people dont believe me . i do have to so this hasnt been the case forever. a few years ago - when i was unhealthier- i was just kind of skinny not athletic.

Yes I would agree with that. I do believe a body with less stress and that is in a healthier state would be more willing to carry muscle mass. Muscle is of course metabolically expensive and inefficient, so by nature one must be supplied with more nutrients and less problems in order to carry a significant amount of muscle. However I do think this is true only up to a certain extent. In order to get unnaturally musclular as we see many men striving for in the gym nowadays, one must certainly compromise their long term health. Taking an arsenal of steroids and such and eating tons of muscle meat and synthetic workout drinks and drugs and going through grueling long stressful workouts every day is certainly not healthy and would probably end up being just as unhealthy as the overweight bald coach potato you speak of. In fact Piana is the perfect demonstration of this, he had a heart attack around 50 years old which is around the time many obese bald men will pass away from cardiovascular problems or cancer as well.

Mauritio

Yes I would agree with that. I do believe a body with less stress and that is in a healthier state would be more willing to carry muscle mass. Muscle is of course metabolically expensive and inefficient, so by nature one must be supplied with more nutrients and less problems in order to carry a significant amount of muscle. However I do think this is true only up to a certain extent. In order to get unnaturally musclular as we see many men striving for in the gym nowadays, one must certainly compromise their long term health. Taking an arsenal of steroids and such and eating tons of muscle meat and synthetic workout drinks and drugs and going through grueling long stressful workouts every day is certainly not healthy and would probably end up being just as unhealthy as the overweight bald coach potato you speak of. In fact Piana is the perfect demonstration of this, he had a heart attack around 50 years old which is around the time many obese bald men will pass away from cardiovascular problems or cancer as well.
yep agreed. i mean he that typical "steroid-flush" 24/7 ,you could just tell from his face that somethings not going right ... still may he rest in peace.

signalguy

Someone needs to ask him what he was eating/doing in 2005 when he gave that talk that is on Youtube. That's about the healthiest looking 70 year old I've ever seen.

Lol at giving ***t to someone for having grey hair at 82 years old, I have friend who went grey at 30.

Last edited:

pepsi

I dont think those are age spots in the photo, look at his finger tips, they have pencil smudges from smoothing out the lines in his drawings, I think he did a few drawings that day if you watched the documentary. I get smudges all over my hands too when I draw.

RawEel

Li
"2. In an ideal environment in all aspects of the word ideal (mind, body, spirit), how long do you believe our bodies were designed to live?"

Peat: "I have never seen evidence that they contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible." From
Mind-Body Connection Interview 9/26/2012 :wink
link to this interview please!

T

TheBeard

FYI Rich Piana died from an insulin overdose

Beastmode

One of the Back of a Tiger documentary makers told me that when they met Ray in person he had very healthy looking skin.

L

Lord Cola

He looks very good for his age. Compare how he looks to other people around his age.

Maybe it's not that it doesn't work, but more so that he doesn't care to specifically work on these things for himself any further?

Some people actually don't care that much for their appearance other than looking "basic" or "okay" somewhat, like not worrying about some aging signs too much. It could be possible that Ray knows and could make some of these physical changes/improvements or have them made to him, but he simply doesn't concern himself with enhancing his appearance much beyond what it is now. I wouldn't doubt he could make himself look in the 50s or under if he really wanted to and experimented. Other than his appearance his body/metabolism seem to hum along pretty well -- so maybe looking old and feeling old aren't exactly a perfect overlap, even though I'd think they would strongly go together. I thought mitochondria and aging all around were like 1:1 in a sense, so I'm not sure what can influence this disconnect.

I know I look much younger than him and I am way younger than him, but there's no question about it that he's in better health than I am all around.

mimmo123

The man is 84 years old. Still a productive citizen that needs no assistants with his brain fully there.
He himself will tell you he doesnt eat an ideal diet. Still eats pufa and doesn't live in an ideal environment.
and didn't even start eating better until his 40s.
As a kid he was fluroscoped then seen other kids were developing different then him

Here's ray at 69 Full set of hair no grey,Lean,Facial skin tight, tanned, and no marks

schultz

As a kid he was fluroscoped then seen other kids were developing different then him

This is what most people don't seem to consider. He had several health problems as a child. His mother had trouble getting pregnant as far as I can tell, which he sort of mentions in an interview (I think she was given corpus luteum powder or something). We really don't know what his health was like back then, etc. It's not like he started implementing his ideas at the age of 2 or something. He actually did manage to reverse some of his aging, at least his facial aging.

I think he was fluroscoped when he was 5 years old. He said the doctor wanted to show off to some of the nurses or something. If someone did that to my kid now it would be hard not to bludgeon them to death.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals