'Sad Nipple Syndrome'

bagotage

I've just learned about the name for this, which is something I've noticed my entire life AFAICR but never knew how to describe...

Sad Nipple Syndrome (SNS) is when abrupt negative feelings occurs with nipple stimulation, which could happen to both females and males. SNS is described as "anxiety, disgust, sadness, anger and general negative emotions," which some people even experience as a feeling of impending death. ... [T]he age of first onset is usually during childhood or teenagerhood.

I'm curious how people might understand this in a Peat sense, both in terms of things like hormones, and in a more bioenergetic/psychosomatic sense.

(I'm male, FWIW.)

Personally, since I've felt it forever, I'm inclined to doubt a hormonal basis, as I had I think fairly normal sexual development as a child/teen. I did have an extremely sexually repressed childhood, however, and come from a family with a general fear/hatred of pleasure and sensuality, so I'm partial to the childhood trauma explanation. That said, I am also curious how supplementation might affect it.

Recently, as I've gone deeper into bioenergetics and somatic therapy, I've pinpointed how it develops. There's a feeling of almost nausea in my diaphragm, and a building up of heat.

I suspect that to "fix" it I will have to allow myself to experience these uncomfortable feelings, over and over again, in a safe setting.

I remind myself that arousal is actually difficult to distinguish from fear or anxiety, on a energetic level; it's our emotional relationship to the sensations themselves that control whether we allow that sensory energy to build and spread, or whether we experience it as discomfort and try to control it or shut it down. I am also someone with a fear of nausea in general and a tendency to try and keep things inside rather than allow them to come out when they want/need to.

laleto12

Touching nipples stimulate prolactin production. Can it be related?

OP
bagotage

bagotage

Touching nipples stimulate prolactin production. Can it be related?
Hmm it's quite possible I have high prolactin now, so touching them could make symptoms worse, but that doesn't explain the long history, I doubt I had too much prolactin all the time as a kid. And the effect is often so fast, I wonder if prolactin could really rise that quickly.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Results. The major findings in regard to the women were that 81.5% reported that stimulation of their nipples/ breasts caused or enhanced their sexual arousal, 78.2% agreed that when sexually aroused such manipulation increased their arousal, 59.1% had asked to have their nipples stimulated during lovemaking, and only 7.2% found that the manipulation decreased their arousal. In regard to the men, 51.7% reported that nipple stimulation caused or enhanced their sexual arousal, 39% agreed that when sexually aroused such manipulation increased their arousal, only 17.1% had asked to have their nipples stimulated, and only 7.5% found that such stimulation decreased their arousal.
Conclusion. Manipulation of the nipples/breasts causes or enhances sexual arousal in approximately 82% of young women and 52% of young men with only 7–8% reporting that it decreased their arousal. “

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals