Scalp Inflammation

Sheik

I woke up this morning with a very painful scalp, a stark contrast from yesterday morning. I'm thinking there must be something I did differently yesterday that made it worse.

-I might have had a bit more sugar than usual, and I'd hate to deprive myself
-I had 650mg aspirin
-forgot to take my vitamin D
-ate spaghetti, also had a lot of OJ
-woke up with bad acid reflux
-I forced myself to eat a lot more than I wanted to, ate 2271 calories total
(I'm still undereating in general)
-haven't done much physical activity
-took 25mg Benadryl before bed

At times it seems that I feel better when I don't eat much at all. I wonder if this suggests a gut bacterial infection. Or if I'm just eating something(s) that are not good. I wonder if I should try antibiotics.

Lots of people suggest reducing sugar. I'd try it at least.

I take 4,000 IU of vitamin D, and recently a doctor tested me and said my levels were good. But I'm wondering if I should take more.

What do you guys think?

OP
S

Sheik

are you not taking any vitamin a and k2 to balance the d?
I experiment with them quite often. I'm kind of leery about the A. I also experiment with liver.

I hadn't had any in a few days. Could that have caused the inflammation?

It seems weird that it's my frontal scalp only, and nowhere else on my body. Maybe my body is just stressed, and it's neglecting the needy hair follicles before anything else to conserve resources.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sheik

what's the concern with A?
It seemed to make me feel worse at one point. One drop retinil, so 2,400 IU.

Actually, EstroBan consistently made me wake up feeling worse too. I'm assuming the supplement itself was fine and it was some other issue. I wonder what @haidut thinks about this. Like maybe it caused reduced stress which made my body demand more food than my appetite called for. The eating restriction has been a struggle for a long time.

TheHound

It seemed to make me feel worse at one point. One drop retinil, so 2,400 IU.

Actually, EstroBan consistently made me wake up feeling worse too. I'm assuming the supplement itself was fine and it was some other issue. I wonder what @haidut thinks about this. Like maybe it caused reduced stress which made my body demand more food than my appetite called for. The eating restriction has been a struggle for a long time.

is it low appetite? have you tried cyproheptadine?

bobbybobbob

The pain could be tissue reinnervating and decalcifying. When you talk about feeling "worse" are you isolating the scalp pain?

T

tca300

2200 calories a day is very little. Vitamin A raises metabolism unless your taking more than you need. The vitamin A could be causing issues because your not eating enough. I wouldn't take D without A and K2.

bobbybobbob

The pain could be tissue reinnervating and decalcifying. When you talk about feeling "worse" are you isolating the scalp pain?

I would like to elaborate a little because I've never seen this discussed elsewhere. I got run down and sick. I fixed my diet and had the whole "Wow, getting enough sugar and starch and avoiding PUFA is a good idea" experience.

I'd had no serious hairline recession, but in the course of my improving health I felt distinct pain in the traditional male pattern baldness areas of my scalp. On the way down I felt nothing, but as I felt better there was a "w" shaped area of ache. In particular I'd have a drink or two of booze and notice a very strong burning or aching along the hairline.

A web search will lead you to "scalp dysethesia" which in summary tells you that you're crazy. Well, if you know you're not crazy what does that mean?

I came to the conclusion that it was healing in my case. It hurt but I felt better, overall. That sort of pain I felt associated with reinnervation makes sense to me. Reinnervation of calicified tissue, that's the totally unscientific conclusion I came to.

OP
S

Sheik

I would like to elaborate a little because I've never seen this discussed elsewhere. I got run down and sick. I fixed my diet and had the whole "Wow, getting enough sugar and starch and avoiding PUFA is a good idea" experience.

I'd had no serious hairline recession, but in the course of my improving health I felt distinct pain in the traditional male pattern baldness areas of my scalp. On the way down I felt nothing, but as I felt better there was a "w" shaped area of ache. In particular I'd have a drink or two of booze and notice a very strong burning or aching along the hairline.

A web search will lead you to "scalp dysethesia" which in summary tells you that you're crazy. Well, if you know you're not crazy what does that mean?

I came to the conclusion that it was healing in my case. It hurt but I felt better, overall. That sort of pain I felt associated with reinnervation makes sense to me. Reinnervation of calicified tissue, that's the totally unscientific conclusion I came to.

I think that the scalp can be in very bad condition without us knowing it, but when we start to make improvements, sensation returns and we become aware of the pain. When I meditate I start to feel like I'm getting bloodflow in my scalp again.

I hadn't really considered that it might have actually been worse before.

The main thing is, I know that I have to eat more and make improvements, but I was wondering if there was some way to tackle the scalp problems from a more direct angle too. I don't suppose there's any way of knowing if it's some kind of fungus or whatever. I do get bad dandruff, but only in those painful spots.

'ate spaghetti' there's your problem right there.

I didn't see this post before. Yeah, I think the spaghetti might have been a bigger problem than one would expect. I ate kind of a lot of it.

Giraffe

The main thing is, I know that I have to eat more and make improvements, but I was wondering if there was some way to tackle the scalp problems from a more direct angle too. I don't suppose there's any way of knowing if it's some kind of fungus or whatever. I do get bad dandruff, but only in those painful spots.
To treat the dandruff you could try urea or salicylic acid topically applied. Urea is easy to use. Salicylic acid should also help with a fungus, however I think that solubility in water is not good enough.

For the pain, how about massage? I find those spiky balls quite convinient.

Could it be that there are stiff areas in the head, neck or shoulders region that have impact on your scalp?

TheHound

i dont have scalp pain. but my scalp, in particular the crown area seems to get incredibly itchy. anyone know what causes this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals