Sports drink recipe - very hydrating! 😍

Sascha6990

I got this idea today and made this sports drink which was very effective at energising and hydrating me.

500 ml freshly squeezed OJ
0.5 g calcium carbonate or eggshell powder
1.5 g magnesium carbonate
About 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
A pinch of salt

Directions: measure the magnesium and calcium in a cup, add salt and honey and a bit of the OJ. Mix very well, allow the foam to subside (the calcium and magnesium carbonates will react with the citric acid in the OJ forming Mg and Ca citrates). Pour in your bottle and add the rest of the OJ.

Hope you like it! Any suggestions regarding ratios or other helpful additions welcomed. I was also thinking about potassium but I didn't have any.
20230314_134021.jpg

Last edited:
Coconut water is supposed to have about 2 Mg. of Potassium per Ml., though it has always seemed an inconsistent product regardless of the brand i've tried. You could split that with OJ, add extra honey, and even some B Vitamins to this.

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

Coconut water is supposed to have about 2 Mg. of Potassium per Ml., though it has always seemed an inconsistent product regardless of the brand i've tried. You could split that with OJ, add extra honey, and even some B Vitamins to this.
Great ideas! Thank you. I remember the first time I tried fresh coconut water I had an upset tummy which I suppose was because of the bacteria in the water. This is a good opportunity to find out if I get the same reaction.

Edited: I thought about adding B vitamins but I decided against as they have a strong and unpleasant taste.

Mossy

Peaterade.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals