Testosterone Optimization On RP-inspired Nutrition

youngsinatra

Never. What value would they have? I’m assuming they would be in range, since I’m young.
I once tested blood cortisol levels, they were upper range of normal/ high, but I understand cortisol testing is not reliable.
Low pregnenolone for example would indicate low oxidative metabolism. (mitochondrial respiration)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Have you ever tested your pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA or cortisol levels?
Monday, I will do further tests to have a complete panel. Already scheduled a consultation with a male endocrinologist.

TODO
Serum Cortisol
DHEA-S
Progesterone(they don't have Pregnenone testing available)
Prolactin
Free Testosterone
SHBG

My hypothesis is that root causes are one of the following:
1. Secondary hypogonadism. Low pituitary hormones and Low T would indicate this
2. Poor oxidative metabolism/ sub-optimal thyroid This could be the cause of my poor energy, poor stamina, low T.
I recently reduced caffeine/ coffee intake by a lot, perhaps it was keeping my T levels to a higher level.
Yet I have a TSH of 2.45 without using any thyroid hormones. Sure, optimal would be under 2.
3. High cortisol opposing Testosterone? Unlikely. I'm eating 300g of carbs/ day, I have a low stress lifestyle.

youngsinatra

Monday, I will do further tests to have a complete panel. Already scheduled a consultation with a male endocrinologist.

TODO
Serum Cortisol
DHEA-S
Progesterone(they don't have Pregnenone testing available)
Prolactin
Free Testosterone
SHBG

My hypothesis is that root causes are one of the following:
1. Secondary hypogonadism. Low pituitary hormones and Low T would indicate this
2. Poor oxidative metabolism/ sub-optimal thyroid This could be the cause of my poor energy, poor stamina, low T.
I recently reduced caffeine/ coffee intake by a lot, perhaps it was keeping my T levels to a higher level.
Yet I have a TSH of 2.45 without using any thyroid hormones. Sure, optimal would be under 2.
3. High cortisol opposing Testosterone? Unlikely. I'm eating 300g of carbs/ day, I have a low stress lifestyle.
Sounds good. Keep us updated!

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Here is a snapshot if my T levels throught the years:
You can see how total T and SHBG are inversely correlated. I wonder why. Perhaps increased carb/ sugar intake >> poor liver function >> very low SHBG?

1685701653533.png

golder

Here is a snapshot if my T levels throught the years:
You can see how total T and SHBG are inversely correlated. I wonder why. Perhaps increased carb/ sugar intake >> poor liver function >> very low SHBG?

View attachment 51207
195 is crazy low man, given you’ve been on a Peat inspired diet for a few years. Would it be sensible to consider TRT?

LastingJoy

@GreekDemiGod Hi, it would be good if you could do a recap about your diet, activity lvl, sun exposure, life styles factors that you deem relevant to mention.

To me,at first sight it would suggest you need more meat,organs, blood from healthy animals, many of the symptoms you mentionned such as mild gyno are typical symptoms i would expect from someone eating to much carb relative to meat/organs/blood on a long enough time span;

do you still consider that you have suboptimal digestion?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@GreekDemiGod Hi, it would be good if you could do a recap about your diet, activity lvl, sun exposure, life styles factors that you deem relevant to mention.

To me,at first sight it would suggest you need more meat,organs, blood from healthy animals, many of the symptoms you mentionned such as mild gyno are typical symptoms i would expect from someone eating to much carb relative to meat/organs/blood on a long enough time span;

do you still consider that you have suboptimal digestion?
That may very well be the case, because my I had highest T levels on Carnivore.
The problem is when I eat too much meat and too little carbs/ fruit, I start craving the carbs, I tend to feel a bit hypoglicemic when carb: protein ratio of my meals drops too low.

I think the gyno is simply from not enough Testosterone. I don't think I have a problem with Estrogen, it's simply not enough Testosterone/ Estrogen ratio.
I feel fine eating liver, eat it once or twice a month, perhaps weekly would be better?
Yeah, my digestion is still poor.

LastingJoy

That may very well be the case, because my I had highest T levels on Carnivore.
The problem is when I eat too much meat and too little carbs/ fruit, I start craving the carbs, I tend to feel a bit hypoglicemic when carb: protein ratio of my meals drops too low.
i know this situation, that is why it is better to eat the healthyest animal as possible, and to eat the most potent parts of the animal(blood and certains organs), so you dont have to eat so much muscle meat to feel decent, and you dont experience these "unbalance"symptoms.
I think the gyno is simply from not enough Testosterone. I don't think I have a problem with Estrogen, it's simply not enough Testosterone/ Estrogen ratio.
i do not know the theoric cause for certain.
I feel fine eating liver, eat it once or twice a month, perhaps weekly would be better?
which effects do you feel from it? liver is tricky, some can get you back to greater shape in a day or 2, some can aggravate, even the amount you can consume before it become a negative vary quite alot.
Yeah, my digestion is still poor.
have you had periods in wich you didnt consume any liver for months?

How is your sun exposure?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Sounds good. Keep us updated!
Latest results came through. DHEA-S and SHBG are very low . Cortisol, Progesterone and Prolactin came in range.
Prolactin higher than desired.

Also had a consultation with an endo today. He suspects I have secondary hypogonadism. Wants me to do a pituitary MRI, testicular ultrasound, and a stereography,.
What would be causing my issues?

Low Testosterone
Low Estrogen
Low SBGH
Low DHEA-S
Low LH and FSH.

1686056137371.png

1686056167913.png

youngsinatra

Sad to hear that brother. Hope your endo gets you on a good treatment. With all those low hormones it’s no wonder you feel bad.

Best wishes!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Latest results came through. DHEA-S and SHBG are very low . Cortisol, Progesterone and Prolactin came in range.

Also had a consultation with an endo today. He suspects I have secondary hypogonadism. Wants me to do a pituitary MRI, testicular ultrasound, and a stereography,.

Low Testosterone
Low Estrogen
Low SBGH
Low DHEA-S
Low LH and FSH.

View attachment 51460

View attachment 51461
Low LH and testosterone are often caused by low T3.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Guys...my latest bloodwork results came through. I am getting desperate here. My Testosterone levels dipped even lower, to 175 ng/dL.
To put it briefly, I have:
- very Low Test
- Low Estrogen
- Low LH and FSH
- 2.45 TSH, which indicates mild hypothyroidism
- liver enzimes significantly lowered (good sign, my fatty liver is improving)

A quick search would indicate secondary hypogonadism.
I messed around with Proviron for a bit, could that have messed up my Test levels even lower?

@redsun @Razvan

View attachment 51073
View attachment 51074
View attachment 51075
View attachment 51076
View attachment 51077
View attachment 51081
View attachment 51080
@Hans FT3 is 4.88 pmol/L, mid/high range.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans FT3 is 4.88 pmol/L, mid/high range.
Did you check rT3 as well? TSH of over 2 indicates that your fT3 isn't enough or that rT3 might be elevated. Something is lowering LH and FSH release, you just have to find what it is. It could be a nutritional deficiency, heavy metal toxin, or something else.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Did you check rT3 as well? TSH of over 2 indicates that your fT3 isn't enough or that rT3 might be elevated. Something is lowering LH and FSH release, you just have to find what it is. It could be a nutritional deficiency, heavy metal toxin, or something else.
No, I haven’t.
I used to take thyroid in the past, and it lowered my TSH to 1.5, but felt worse on it than off it.
I did test rT3 in the past, and taking too much T4 would cause it to elevate.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

No, I haven’t.
I used to take thyroid in the past, and it lowered my TSH to 1.5, but felt worse on it than off it.
I did test rT3 in the past, and taking too much T4 would cause it to elevate.
Btw, I've set up a consultation with you for Friday. Just letting you know it's me.

Korven

Low Testosterone
Low Estrogen
Low SBGH
Low DHEA-S
Low LH and FSH.

View attachment 51460

View attachment 51461

The low LH and low testosterone kind of indicates a problem at the pituitary like your endo pointed out.

Have you ever had a TBI (traumatic brain injury), or falling and hitting your head against something? This can cause damage to the pituitary gland → hypopituitarism with an overall decline in hormones Hypopituitarism After Traumatic Brain Injury

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

The low LH and low testosterone kind of indicates a problem at the pituitary like your endo pointed out.

Have you ever had a TBI (traumatic brain injury), or falling and hitting your head against something? This can cause damage to the pituitary gland → hypopituitarism with an overall decline in hormones Hypopituitarism After Traumatic Brain Injury
That's exactly an angle the endo suspected(Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism), he wants me to do an MRI, but also mentioned that Prolactin would have been chronically elevated if it was indeed a pituitary problem.
I don't remember having traumatic physical events, at least not in the last few years. When I was a child, maybe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals