Travelling Unvaccinated? Countries?

What a time for an unvaccinated person to want to travel the world! I started beginning the planning early Jan 2020...and you know the rest :,(

To make myself feel better, I'd like to keep a running list of countries that are NOT implementing a vaccine passport.

I'd also love to hear from people why the vaccine passports will soon go bye bye.
Basically I'm looking for good news. ?

Sadly Spain, Germany and France have vaccine passports (anybody think that will change soon? I hope so!)

But the amazing countries of Colombia and Mexico are still pretty wide open.

Anybody have any good reasons to feel hopeful about travel for us unvacc folk?

Or other countries to recommend?

TradClare

We went to the Dominican Republic a couple months ago. I felt very guilty when I learned that all the Dominicans working in the industry needed to get the shots. So sad, first the lockdowns shut down their economy, and then the only way out for so many is the shot. We did need a test also to reenter the US, but those were provided at the resort, and they said they had never had a positive result (haha)

TabulaRasa

I’d also like to know. Mexico is one of my favorite places so I’d be happy enough being able to go to Mexico at the very least, to be honest.

Ficini

There are 4 countries right now where I can go (from Romania) without PCR test or vaccination
Mexico, Colombia, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica.
It's the same from US.
What I don't like is that things could change. If they would stay like this, for me, those 4 countries are enough for a while.
This year I was in Mexico for 6 months and I was hoping Colombia will open, but it didn't while I was there, so I decided to come back to Europe.
If I go to Colombia, and everything closes while I am in Colombia, I will be forced to get tested or worse, vaccinated, in order to go to another country.
So it is a weird situation going on. Traveling and being nomad exposes you to state control. Staying in your country, you are not exposed so much.

TabulaRasa

Agreed. I fear of some mandate of vaccination being required to re-enter your home country while away. That would be the worst. Almost not worth traveling knowing that possibility.

OP
wealthofwisdom
Yikes, that's a good point. Anybody think that vaccine mandates will start declining? Hoping so ?

OP
wealthofwisdom
There are 4 countries right now where I can go (from Romania) without PCR test or vaccination
It's the same from US.
What I don't like is that things could change. If they would stay like this, for me, those 4 countries are enough for a while.
This year I was in Mexico for 6 months and I was hoping Colombia will open, but it didn't while I was there, so I decided to come back to Europe.
If I go to Colombia, and everything closes while I am in Colombia, I will be forced to get tested or worse, vaccinated, in order to go to another country.
So it is a weird situation going on. Traveling and being nomad exposes you to state control. Staying in your country, you are not exposed so much.

I personally don't mind getting tested to just get into a country. I'm not in love with it, but I can handle it. It's the quarantining or having to show negative tests/vaccine passports to get into restaurants I want to avoid.

And obviously any situation that would force me to get a vaccine.

OP
wealthofwisdom
Here's a pretty useful map, which I think is being kept up to date. You can put in your country of origin to see what applies to you:

LadyRae

I just returned to the USA from Mexico on Tuesday. Not vaxed. Had to endure a covid test on Monday...the gal jammed the swab up so high in my sinus I began to cry.

Anyway, no trouble returning to USA... I'm glad I went. Cabo and Hurricane Pamela were beautiful and the sea was SO warm!??

Lollipop2

It's the same from US.
Costa Rica seems safer than Columbia.

OP
wealthofwisdom
Costa Rica seems safer than Columbia.
It's ColOmbia. Colombian's hate it when you spell it (incorrectly) with a u, so I'm just correcting for them, out of respect.

I felt very safe in Medellin, personally. I am a US native woman. I've heard sketchy things about Costa Rica, but also amazing things...so there will be no one definitive answer I guess. Culturally speaking, I think Colombia has it going on way more than Costa Rica. But if you're into jungles and wildlife, I think Costa Rica could be a good choice. I've never been to Costa Rica though, so I can only guesstimate. Medellin on the other hand, was one of my favorite places to live. I do speak Spanish fluently though, which I don't think is as necessary in Costa Rica.

Ficini

It's ColOmbia. Colombian's hate it when you spell it (incorrectly) with a u, so I'm just correcting for them, out of respect.

I felt very safe in Medellin, personally. I am a US native woman. I've heard sketchy things about Costa Rica, but also amazing things...so there will be no one definitive answer I guess. Culturally speaking, I think Colombia has it going on way more than Costa Rica. But if you're into jungles and wildlife, I think Costa Rica could be a good choice. I've never been to Costa Rica though, so I can only guesstimate. Medellin on the other hand, was one of my favorite places to live. I do speak Spanish fluently though, which I don't think is as necessary in Costa Rica.
Funny thing, in romanian, we say ColUmbia, but hey, they call our country RUmania, so I guess it's only fair :)
Have you been to Colombia lately? I've heard they had pretty harsh lockdowns and strict covid rules, even though they have no PCR test requirement to enter the country.

freyasam

I just returned to the USA from Mexico on Tuesday. Not vaxed. Had to endure a covid test on Monday...the gal jammed the swab up so high in my sinus I began to cry.

Anyway, no trouble returning to USA... I'm glad I went. Cabo and Hurricane Pamela were beautiful and the sea was SO warm!??
What's it like with mask restrictions in airports and on planes? If you have a drink or food in front of you, can you keep your mask down? Or do they require you to lift the mask up in between bites / sips? I'm really nervous about keeping a mask on for 7 hours with flights + layover. I get claustrophobic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals