Vitamin D Intolerance / Pulsating Nerves, twitching.

MountainMouse

Whenever I take vitamin d, I get nerve pulsating, jumpy legs and twitching. I took 5000iu of premier research labs orally for 5 days and after stopping the symptoms are diminishing but still present.

I had shingles and it especially affects the nerves affected by shingles. I’m trying to figure out if it could be a calcium / electrolyte issue or some sort of viral activation. It’s super frustrating as I want to keep my d levels steady going into winter.

I read Ray’s MS article and he seemed to favor increasing magnesium to calcium ratio when repairing the myelin of the nerves so I wonder if it’s somehow related to calcium?

Any thoughts @Electrisio @cs3000 @Sergey ? Sorry to tag all of you but through my reading, you all experienced something similar.

@Sefton10 - I remember you having shingles, you notice this at all?

Thank you…

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hey friend,

It needs to be balanced with vitamin A for me. Because I don't eat liver much, I find that when I overdo D without sufficient A (topical) I tend to get twitching.

Jonk

From a July 2009 newsletter:

"Both vitamin D and vitamin K require carbon dioxide for disposing of calcium
properly, preventing its toxicity. When carbon
dioxide is inadequate, for example from simple·
hyperventilation or from hypothyroidism, calcium is allowed to enter cells, causing inappropriate excitation, sometimes followed by calcification.

Keeping an optimal level of carbon dioxide
(for example, when adapted to high altitude)
causes calcium to be controlled (Arkhipenko, et
al., 1992), resulting in lowered parathyroid
hormone (PTH), an effect similar to supplementing with calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin K. (E.g.,
Nicolaidou, et aI, 2006.)"

I just started supplementing it myself and feels like a big dose of magnesium helps a lot. Also lots of calcium and a non irritated intestine, which is a lot better now which is probably why I finally can handle supplementing it (always had weird symptoms before).

Mossy

Whenever I take vitamin d, I get nerve pulsating, jumpy legs and twitching. I took 5000iu of premier research labs orally for 5 days and after stopping the symptoms are diminishing but still present.

I had shingles and it especially affects the nerves affected by shingles. I’m trying to figure out if it could be a calcium / electrolyte issue or some sort of viral activation. It’s super frustrating as I want to keep my d levels steady going into winter.

I read Ray’s MS article and he seemed to favor increasing magnesium to calcium ratio when repairing the myelin of the nerves so I wonder if it’s somehow related to calcium?

Any thoughts @Electrisio @cs3000 @Sergey ? Sorry to tag all of you but through my reading, you all experienced something similar.

Thank you…
Talking about K2, another user noted that twitching is a sign of magnesium deficiency, Considering the relationship between Vitamin D and K, maybe magnesium is factor in your twitching as well. Just a thought from a total layman who has a ton of notes from this forum.

cs3000

Thank you…
I got the randomly jumping legs , twitching , and skipped beats / adrenaline palpitations tachycardia, jolting going to sleep etc
I think the electrical problem is a need for copper & iron & thyroid working well. likely low ATP & co2 issue. some people post magnesium benefits but probably are not the same subset of people (3 different types of magnesium increased this problem to an extreme for me, maybe by lowering copper more, low atp is characterised by high magnesium outside the cell already , and high calcium in the cell).
I would check copper levels / intake to see if high enough as without it your mitochondria cant produce atp & co2 properly
1.5g sodium bicarbonate close to bed helps me get to sleep past the adrenaline
i started getting more copper for this 2mg a day + adding some heme iron polypeptide 2x a day initially

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals