Water Retention/Bloating ONLY In Face

rw39

Hey,
So I have a strange problem. I've been getting bloating solely in my face. It's really annoying. I have no idea what is causing it and why it is only localized there. If anything, I have six pack abs, very leaned and defined, seldom any water retention anywhere else----it just goes to my face.

My diet is mostly peaty, and I am celiac so gluten free for 2 years now. I take Estroban and 5mg's of Vitamin K a day. I have tried drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day. I take zinc. I have tried dandelion root. Nothing helps.

I have some diamox lying around from when I needed altitude medication from skiing but I hate trying new things. Plus it won't help solve the problem, only mask it.

What could be the issue? And what can i do to assuage it? I look a lot better with a lean face.

OP
R

rw39

Please. This is a well-educated forum that has made my quality of life significantly better these past few years---please someone...need input.

olive

Increase sodium. 2 tsp baking soda 30 minutes after meals.

Wolf

Upping my salt and b2 helped. Ymmv

Mauritio

For me it has to do with liver/kidney function and thus estrogen levels.

john_snow

I have the same issue. Defined abs but the face is full of water and sagging. It seems to only go away when exercising, it's like the water goes to the muscles and my face looks great for a while but after a few hours I'm back to a saggy watery face.

Goldenboi

I would be looking at Thiamine. 'moon face' is a sign of thiamine deficiency. Look up Mostly Lurkings posts for supplementing info.

mantq

A little update, if anyone cares or still finds this relevant haha

Since I've cut starch to 0 and cut my sodium significantly (not adding additional salt to food) - the water retention had gone completely.

Not sure which factor contributed the most, perhaps it was a combination of the two? Further experimentation is needed I guess :)

mantq

Second update, high carbs tend to bloat me and cause water retention, be it starch or sugar/fruit.. Perhaps anyone knows a solution for this? Why carbohydrates seem to be causing water retention for me? I've noticed this years ago and to this day.. The moment I go lower carb, water retention is gone within a couple of days..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals