What does hypoglycemia feel like?

Sapien

Today I har a sudden wave of tiredness/yawning/bad mood, probably due to overdoing it on coffee and dropping my blood sugar as it happened shortly after

After drinking some orange juice those symptoms vanished, a complete 180 in energy level/mood

It was super profound and was the first time I noticed the powerful effects of sugar,/lack there of

Besides tiredness, what are the symptoms of being hypoglycemic?

Last edited:

ladyofthelake

Today I har a sudden wave of tiredness/yawning/bad mood, probably due to overdoing it on coffee and dropping my blood sugar as it happened shortly after

After drinking some orange juice those symptoms vanished

It was super profound and was the first time I noticed the powerful effects of sugar,

Besides tiredness, what are the symptoms of being hypoglycemic?

When I suffered from it many years ago I would get extremely moody, on the verge of tears or anger (sometimes crying or lashing out), unable to form a coherent sentence or communicate properly, dizziness, shakiness. No energy.

OP
Sapien

Sapien

sometimes crying or lashing out
My biggest takeaway from learning about Peats teachings is to not judge people as “bad” or “mean” (could also extend this to intelligence, productivity) as it likley is due to some sort of metabolic derangement

gaze

it differs based on the state/health of the adrenals. a healthy person should feel no symptoms when blood sugar is low, besides getting hungry. hypo people high cortisol will probably lean towards anger and moodiness, while hypo with low cortisol will most likely feel panic/dizziness/weakness

OP
Sapien

Sapien

it differs based on the state/health of the adrenals. a healthy person should feel no symptoms when blood sugar is low, besides getting hungry. hypo people high cortisol will probably lean towards anger and moodiness, while hypo with low cortisol will most likely feel panic/dizziness/weakness
Doesn’t high cortisol go hand in hand with hypoglycemia though?

Since cortisol, via muscle protein breakdown, is your bodies way of providing the brain glucose in the abscence of it in the diet

gaze

Doesn’t high cortisol go hand in hand with hypoglycemia though?

Since cortisol, via muscle protein breakdown, is your bodies way of providing the brain glucose in the abscence of it in the diet
its difficult to think of cortisol in isolation because there are differing metabolic rates, thyroid levels, adrenaline response, pituitary levels, etc. in general though, cortisol is what keeps blood sugars up. someome with higher cortisol, if they dont eat sugar will still be able to function but they will be moody, angry, aggressive, overweight, and so on. and eventually degenerate in some way. but low cortisol, you can pass out or have severe panic attacks when your blood sugar is low because the cortisol is not there to keep the blood sugars up. people with cushings for example tend to be angry and moody, while people with addisons are very weak, anxious, frail.

Last edited:

GTW

Current prices for some fitness watches including blood glucose under $40.

JohnHafterson

I've been testing blood sugars for 30 + years as a Type 1 diabetic.

Hypo symptoms run the gamut: mental fatigue, physical fatigue, anxiety, anger, moodiness, euphoria, elevated pulse, sweating, rumination, inability to process information/problem solve, confusion

Normal blood sugar around 83 mg/dl. People can function alright into the 60s and 70s mg/dl.

Really depends on your set point body gets used to certain range of blood sugars. If one is running consistently high above 140 mg/dl and drops to 70 mg/dl the body symptoms are strong. Body ramps up counter regulatory hormones ( cortisol, adrenaline, growth hormone, etc )

If the same person is running 80-90s mg/dl consistently dropping to 70 mg/dl may not cause any issues. Though mileage may vary.

I've had blood sugars as low as 25 mg/dl and was having seizures fortunately I was able to wake up and slam some sugar.

Varies by the day some times can function well into the 50's other days not so much.

If you've got a lot of fat/ketones in the blood stream the brain is able to run off those and one can function at surprisingly low blood sugars.

I've confirmed the above with personal experience and correspondence with a NIH ketone researcher.

Last edited:

Regina

My biggest takeaway from learning about Peats teachings is to not judge people as “bad” or “mean” (could also extend this to intelligence, productivity) as it likley is due to some sort of metabolic derangement
Yes. I agree.
And it is also in combination with the learned (inherited) behaviours from parents--who probably suffered room the same hormonal profile tendencies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals