What Supplement(s) Actually Work for Insulin Resistance, High Fasting Glucose, A1C??

ejalrp

I'm hoping that one or more of you have experienced an undeniable definitive improvement in any or all of the above categories from a supplement. Just to be clear, I'm less interested in theoretical answers as I find too often that praxis is very different from theory. Thanks.

PaRa

I'm hoping that one or more of you have experienced an undeniable definitive improvement in any or all of the above categories from a supplement. Just to be clear, I'm less interested in theoretical answers as I find too often that praxis is very different from theory. Thanks.
Whole food
caloric deficit
keeping fat intake at like 15-20% of calories
getting enough protein

lowering sat fat

B1, niacin, taurine, glycine

Beastmode

I observed a family member in my household go through this "successfully."

Honestly, she's worse off now than she was before she got scared into lowering this arbitrary #. Not sure of your age, but my family member is female in her lower 60's. Consistent cognitive decline that's become more obvious since doing this regiment. Physically more rigid and almost more expression-less these days.

Peat's reply on the subject to me last year on using this test:
"Have they measured her cortisol, parathyroid hormone, TSH, and other hormones? Since there are various causes of increased glucose, I don’t think you can diagnose diabetes without excluding other causes. Does she have any signs of inflammation?"

Happy to share the "protocol" if I can find it?

OP
E

ejalrp

I observed a family member in my household go through this "successfully."

Honestly, she's worse off now than she was before she got scared into lowering this arbitrary #. Not sure of your age, but my family member is female in her lower 60's. Consistent cognitive decline that's become more obvious since doing this regiment. Physically more rigid and almost more expression-less these days.

Peat's reply on the subject to me last year on using this test:
"Have they measured her cortisol, parathyroid hormone, TSH, and other hormones? Since there are various causes of increased glucose, I don’t think you can diagnose diabetes without excluding other causes. Does she have any signs of inflammation?"

Happy to share the "protocol" if I can find it?
Appreciate the answer but I don't think high fasting blood glucose and A1C levels are "arbitrary" numbers. There are mountains of evidence that poor blood glucose control is harmful in a myriad of ways. It's certainly possible that pharmaceuticals given to control this have side-effects which is why I asked about supplements in the hopes someone has actually found something that works without creating other issues. To be clear, this is not to say that sugars in the diet (fructose, glucose et al) are necessarily evil or the cause of high blood glucose.

JohnHafterson

Type 1 Diabetic of 35 Years - I test blood sugars 5-10 times a day for the last 15 years on supplements. These all work on different pathways for glucose metabolism, general metabolism, weight loss, and insulin resistance/action/etc:

----
Alpha Lipoic Acid 300-600 mg twice daily with food
Benfotiamine - 150 twice daily with food
Taurine - away from meals 500-1000 mg 2-3 times daily
Magnesium - additional 400-600 with meals
Vitamin K2 - 2-5 mg per meal 2-3 times daily
----

When I use these, the amount of insulin I use drops reliably as do blood sugars and A1cs.

ALA/Benfotiamine will both work on A1c/glycation keeping meal time glucose excursions lower.

Taurine will work on insulin resistance in liver, adipose tissue, muscle and has a modest effect on glycation. It counteracts both high fat and high sugar induced insulin resistance.

Magnesium and K2 will really lower the amount of insulin needed to handle a given amount of food.

Majority of glycation takes place around meals.

Last edited:

Tim Lundeen

Usually these blood glucose levels are due to pancreatic injury, i.e. death of beta cells.

You can regrow beta cells, albeit slowly. What you need to do:
* keep peak blood glucose under 125 while healing (check every 30 min after eating till you can see consistent patterns). Either eat low-enough carb, and walk/exercise off high blood glucose if it happens, or eat low-fat (<=10% fat). If you go the low-fat route, it takes 3-5 days for everything to switch over, and you may have transient high glucose, which is ok for a brief period like this, but again try to walk/exercise down peaks. Why is this required? High glucose peaks stress beta cells and can kill them.
* figure out what killed your beta cells in the first place, and fix it. Could be some combo of these:
-- poor nutrition, esp including too-low calcium and/or too-high phosphate
-- fluoride, stop F intake and detox with iodine and boron
-- polyunsatured fat, detox with low PUFA
-- glyphosate, detox with glycine and all-organic food
-- vitamin A poisoning, eat low Vit A for extended period, there are protocols specifically for this
-- heavy metals, detox with Andy Cutler protocol or osr
-- endocrine disruptor, minimize them
-- EMFs, reduce to low levels
* eat a high-quality food with good nutrition, can use cronometer.com to check it periodically

jdr75bulldog

Type 1 Diabetic of 35 Years - I test blood sugars 5-10 times a day for the last 15 years on supplements. These all work on different pathways for glucose metabolism, general metabolism, weight loss, and insulin resistance/action/etc:

----
----

When I use these, the amount of insulin I use drops reliably as do blood sugars and A1cs.

ALA/Benfotiamine will both work on A1c/glycation keeping meal time glucose excursions lower.

Taurine will work on insulin resistance in liver, adipose tissue, muscle and has a modest effect on glycation. It counteracts both high fat and high sugar induced insulin resistance.

Magnesium and K2 will really lower the amount of insulin needed to handle a given amount of food.

John thanks for the list of supplements and their amounts that’s greatly appreciated. I am (insulin dependent LADA Diabetic for 14 years now) and wondered if you could list your typical food regiment in a day. Thanks

JohnHafterson

John thanks for the list of supplements and their amounts that’s greatly appreciated. I am (insulin dependent LADA Diabetic for 14 years now) and wondered if you could list your typical food regiment in a day. Thanks
I don't follow a high carbohydrate diet.

It's high protein, high fat, low carb.

Usually
160-180 grams protein per day
70 carbs
120 grams of fat

Last edited:
Not sure if its "Peat"or not, but i have had some relief from Chromium GTF. I found if i use it too frequently though it tends to have the opposite effect. Used a couple of times a week it seems to keep things on an even keel. Thiamine and Biotin are another good supplement for glucose metabolism as well, but again, if i take them too often in the doses that promote glucose metabolism, they tend to have the opposite of the desired effect

Hans

Forum Supporter

----
----

Have you tried high doses of aspirin?

jdr75bulldog

Have you tried high doses of aspirin?
Hans-
What amount of aspirin per day would you recommend for a insulin dependent diabetic? I take one 325mg/day of aspirin and have taken this amount for at least 5-6 years now. My glucose readings are generally acceptable during the day. The rise of glucose upon waking up in the morning is a constant struggle for me regardless of diet regimen, more or less Dawn Phenomenon. I usually do much better if the last meal of the day is lower in fat.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans-
What amount of aspirin per day would you recommend for a insulin dependent diabetic? I take one 325mg/day of aspirin and have taken this amount for at least 5-6 years now. My glucose readings are generally acceptable during the day. The rise of glucose upon waking up in the morning is a constant struggle for me regardless of diet regimen, more or less Dawn Phenomenon. I usually do much better if the last meal of the day is lower in fat.
The studies where they used aspirin for type I diabetics, it was 7-9g daily. But perhaps you can try 500mg with each meal and work up to 1g per meal.

yes, Pyrocet and aspirin. You don't need huge amounts of aspirin and these safely inhibit lipolysis. If you have high sugar/carbs and very low fat, your body will begin burning sugar properly and your blood sugar will fall to normal levels within a few months.

Katty

yes, Pyrocet and aspirin. You don't need huge amounts of aspirin and these safely inhibit lipolysis. If you have high sugar/carbs and very low fat, your body will begin burning sugar properly and your blood sugar will fall to normal levels within a few months.
How much Pyrucet would you recommend? Also, if someone is sensitive to the acetate in the pyrucet, is calcium pyruvate an acceptable alternative?

Katty

How much Pyrucet would you recommend? Also, if someone is sensitive to the acetate in the pyrucet, is calcium pyruvate an acceptable alternative?
@ecstatichamster Forgot to tag you last time. Just wanted to ask this again in case you didn't see my original post and question. :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals