4-6 Hours Max - Why?

Bluebell

Yeh unfortunately for problems like this, some kind of testing needs to be done to get an idea of what is actually going on.
So true, it could be so many things - sex hormones, thyroid, cortisol, histamine, mineral imbalance, heavy metal toxicity etc etc. If the simple fixes don't work then testing to get to the bottom of it is surely the next step.

OP
D

DBCoast

I feel like we are all playing pin the tail in the donkey, hoping something sticks. I guess even if a lot of these suggestions don't ring true for you, at least you know we are all thinking about you!

About a week ago I started tanning in a tanning salon to prepare for my trip to Hawaii. Within a couple days I noticed that my sleep drastically improved. I'm sleeping 8 or 9 hours straight without even one pee break....last night- 10 hours!

We live in four seasons here, which I love by the way. I lived in Hawaii for a while and after about 6 months I honestly got bored with the weather being sunny and perfect every single day. That said, when the weather gets warmer here and the sun shines brightly, usually March and april, I will start laying out in the sun and I notice improved sleep then as well. There just isn't anything that can substitute for real sun, except maybe a UVB fake tanning bulb haha 😂

Anyhow, maybe worth a try...
Yes, last summer I got a ton of good Sun and felt some improvement. Can’t wait for this cold to get out of here. I still go out and Sun in the cold though as long as I can stand it.

Jennifer

I feel like we are all playing pin the tail in the donkey, hoping something sticks

Unfortunately, that’s usually the way it goes on a health forum. At least DBCoast is trying. Some people would have given up by now.

OP
D

DBCoast

I really feel for you DBCoast. Hang in there.
It's kind of a bandaid but there is cyproheptadine. If it works for you, it might help you through times like this while you search for the root cause of your insomnia. If you take the absolute minimum dose possible that still helps sleep, you can minimise the next day effects of feeling foggy. I find the tiny dose of 0.3mg helps with sleep.
Thanks, @Bluebell , this is something to consider.

OP
D

DBCoast

I’m bummed the alarm hack didn’t work for you. :( Are your temps still low? If so, maybe consider supplementing some thyroid or maybe even some Progest-E? @SonOfEurope has experience with using Progest-E as a man.
I’ll do some research on thyroid. Scared to mess with it until I understand it more. But dying for some relief…

Jennifer

I’ll do some research on thyroid. Scared to mess with it until I understand it more. But dying for some relief…

I understand. It took years of suffering and almost suffocating to death (no exaggeration) before I got up the courage to supplement thyroid. I wanted to heal “naturally” through diet alone but after more than a decade, no amount of food, way of eating, resting, relaxation techniques or alternative therapies were helping. The forum has so many members with so many different contexts and some will heal through diet tweaks alone, but then there are those of us who have serious medical issues that require some help and there’s no shame in that, IMO. Anyhow, I’m hoping you can overcome this through diet and rest alone, and I only mention thyroid and Progest-E so that you might feel some relief in knowing that you aren’t doomed to spend the rest of your life unable to sleep. There is hope.

frannybananny

Wide awake from 12:30-4:00am. Now destroyed yet again. How much more can one take? It’s never ending. I can’t describe the degree of pain. This is daily and constant. Every day. Not every now and then. Every single day.
A CBD supplement might be just what you need....either the oil under your tongue or an edible? Start light and work up. There are many reputable companies out there.... do your research. DM me if you want.

frannybananny

No real sinus issues. I just feel like I need more air through my nose, so I use the strips. I really don’t want to get dependent on the machine.

Seriously Clear Sinuses​

Perhaps the most surprising benefit of serrapeptase supplementation is its incredible ability to regulate mucus and improve ailments like sinus pressure. In a study involving 15 individuals with restricted breathing due to mucus, 30 mg of serrapeptase was administered to certain participants, while others received a placebo for 4 weeks. This sinus-friendly enzyme was found to decrease the elasticity, viscosity, weight, and white blood cell content of the mucus as well as significantly decrease expectoration and coughing frequency in the individuals who received serrapeptase when compared to the control group. The study concluded that serrapeptase was responsible for dissolving a significant amount of fibrin, which has been shown in other research to contribute to the production of mucus, bronchial tube hyperactivity, and airway narrowing. So next time you are battling sinus issues, try popping a serrapeptase! No drowsiness or dried-out sinuses necessary

frannybananny

I understand. It took years of suffering and almost suffocating to death (no exaggeration) before I got up the courage to supplement thyroid. I wanted to heal “naturally” through diet alone but after more than a decade, no amount of food, way of eating, resting, relaxation techniques or alternative therapies were helping. The forum has so many members with so many different contexts and some will heal through diet tweaks alone, but then there are those of us who have serious medical issues that require some help and there’s no shame in that, IMO. Anyhow, I’m hoping you can overcome this through diet and rest alone, and I only mention thyroid and Progest-E so that you might feel some relief in knowing that you aren’t doomed to spend the rest of your life unable to sleep. There is hope.

Seriously Clear Sinuses​

Perhaps the most surprising benefit of serrapeptase supplementation is its incredible ability to regulate mucus and improve ailments like sinus pressure. In a study involving 15 individuals with restricted breathing due to mucus, 30 mg of serrapeptase was administered to certain participants, while others received a placebo for 4 weeks. This sinus-friendly enzyme was found to decrease the elasticity, viscosity, weight, and white blood cell content of the mucus as well as significantly decrease expectoration and coughing frequency in the individuals who received serrapeptase when compared to the control group. The study concluded that serrapeptase was responsible for dissolving a significant amount of fibrin, which has been shown in other research to contribute to the production of mucus, bronchial tube hyperactivity, and airway narrowing. So next time you are battling sinus issues, try popping a serrapeptase! No drowsiness or dried-out sinuses necessary

OP
D

DBCoast

Seriously Clear Sinuses​

Interesting. Thanks!

Jennifer

Thank you very much for the information, @frannybananny. The suffocation wasn’t due to sinus issues, though. :)

OP
D

DBCoast

I have a question about glycogen stores and sleep.

Last night I made a root beer float (Virgil’s and HD vanilla). It was amazing. Then later I ate the rest of the HD pint. I slept 6 hours, woke up like usual, but felt more drowsy than usual upon waking and was able to go back for another 1.5 hours. I wasn’t wide awake with the stress hormones. I felt slimmer upon waking and my belt was looser today.

I’ve been doing a slight calorie deficit at 1932 cals, and 45/30/25 with macros combined at each meal. Peat foods. Exercise is walking with a few push-ups and sit-ups just for feeling good, nothing hard.

In the past I’ve tried a couple spoons of honey before bed, some OJ, maybe a little ice cream, but never really noticed much. But last night was a lot of sugar.

So my question - how much does it take to fill up these glycogen stores to carry sleep through the night? Does it depend on daily factors like caloric deficit/exercise/stress? I’m assuming it does. Is it all relative, or is there a thought, for example, that 2tsp of honey is sufficient no matter what?

Thanks

Limon9

Chronic calorie deficit will result in elevated epinephrine and inappropriate glycogenolysis, making it hard to main a night's stores.

OP
D

DBCoast

Chronic calorie deficit will result in elevated epinephrine and inappropriate glycogenolysis, making it hard to main a night's stores.
Thanks. I’m running a 490cal deficit. I gained some fat stopping CrossFit and eating an unrestricted Weston Price diet high in fat/low in sugar.

LadyRae

I don't believe that the early wake-up is always related to glycogen stores, or lack there-of. A sugary/salty snack at 2 or 3am never helped me get back to sleep...

What has been helping is a tablespoon of activated charcoal first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, otherwise it seems to cause constipation if I ingest it near food. Also, eating some boiled mushrooms and a scoop of carrots salad with dinner (or about 2-3 hours before bed) has been awesome.

Getting into a tanning bed has dramatically improved my quality/length of sleep. For about 10 days now I have been sleeping 8 to 10 hours at a stretch without waking up once for the bathroom!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals