Low Toxin Lifestyle A low Vitamin A halfway-house

Peater

I thought a thread where people with one foot in both camps could post would be good. This is where I am now - I've lowered Vitamin A intake a lot, taking bile promoting supplements and eating soluble fibre for the first time in a long time, along with psyllium husk. I am also doing a low B6 diet at present, so I actually won't post too much about my experiences until I have stopped that. We could start a low B6 thread if there is any interest. I think it's as over-consumed as Vitamin A.

I am also taking a molybdenum supplement regularly, just one drop at 200mcg. I am taking a 'course' of Haarlem oil which contains sulphur, but in a compound form that makes it attractive to gut fungal growth.

I am not taking niacin orally at the moment, but trying some niacin 'hair drops' which come in little amuples. It appears to be buffered, looking at the ingredients. I really like it, hair feels soft and thick, considering I have a fairly typical short male haircut.

brongfogboy

I'm open to the low vitamin A idea, I think it needs to be pitched differently. When you hear someone say "vitamin A is a poison" you instantly trigger a multitude of peoples brains off because they think it's nonsense. I think it would be better to say

"vitamin A is healthy in miniscule amounts and you should avoid foods that contain high amounts of it."

Now you have peoples attention and they can be open to the nuances of how it works (the liver storing vitamin A to protect the body etc). This is a far more acceptable way to convey the same idea. Even Grant admits we need vitamin A in tiny amounts.

I'm far more open to the idea because I have long believed vitamin D3 supplementation along with E and A to not be good for you, Grant just did a good job of really spelling out the "why."

OP
P

Peater

Agreed, I have no problem with the idea I consumed far too much Vitamin A with liver consumption. Maybe copper too, although my mind is less clear on that.

I did the high dose vitamin D thing for years too. Stopped now and hoping my body can clear it with UVB exposure as I read somewhere it can actually destroy vitamin D too, which clearly sounds like the body self-regulating to me.

dfspcc20

I made this post back in 2019.

For the most part, all of that is still true for me, though that does seem like almost a lifetime ago with Covid lockdowns in between.

In summary, I have seen benefits reducing/eliminating high vitamin A foods (mainly liver, most colored vegetables, OJ). I've also been much better off cutting out coffee and most caffeine, and eating a lot more glucose in relation to fructose. So I've embraced some of the aspects, but am skeptical and/or experimenting with others.

I still drink a lot of milk (usually raw, ~1qt/day) and eat egg yolks (5-6/week, also usually raw). I haven't been convinced to eliminate those. I've been consuming those for at least 20 years. Maybe my relatively minor issues weren't as bad or my liver is better at clearing it or whatever. I do exercise regularly, even (*gasp*) running and endurance exercise. I think I remember seeing somewhere that helps push things out of the liver.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals