A restoration project, greetings from the the north of England

Saibotronian

Hello from rain soaked England! I'm Gabs or Saibotronian, totally new to posting on forums and human communications in general really.

I'll start with some background. I joined up because me and my mother both have very similar health issues. GERD, cold hands and feet, insomnia, hypnic jerks, constipation, hairloss, anemia, RA(I do use Kratom to control pain), and an intolerance to all fruit which causes mucus in stool(this started month ago for me).
Both have calprotectin on the higher side.
I'm 27 years and she's 50.

All this points to IBD causing a cascade of all sorts of other symptoms including low thyroid and the rest of it! The trouble is where to start.

We've eliminated alcohol, and PUFA for 1 year now but she is less supplement keen than me.

I take Tyronene throughout the day, usually around 40mcg total.
Kratom 5gs or so for pain management.
Vitabiotics digestive enzymes.
Rhubarb.
Gelatin.
Boswellic acid.

We both consume a varied diet :

Parmigiano cheese
Skimmed milk
Potato breads
Oat bran
White potatoes
White rice
Ox cheek
Chicken
Eggs
Honey
Syrup
Treacle
Steak
Irish stew
Coca powder

I don't have access to my most recent bloods and won't for a week or so but I can say my TSH, done separately has been reduced substantially.

Again I'm new to this whole thing but sincerely, thank you reading and commenting!

Attachments

• 20221020_122652.jpg
    20221020_122652.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221020_122703.jpg
    20221020_122703.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 20
OP
S

Saibotronian

Oh I forgot to mention the work I do is in industrial agriculture, pigs, so there's alot of dust exposure and mold growth in the star sometimes. H
Short of changing jobs, I really don't know how to mitigate this fact.

ThinPicking

Ey up Gabs, a northern agriculturalist, you're English royalty 🙇‍♂️.

Sorry you're having these struggles. How long have you experienced this arthritic pain and how long have you been using Kratom?

Diet seems great. That list made me hungry. Are you using salt as a supplement and do you drink anything with your food?

OP
S

Saibotronian

Ey up man, cheers for replying!
Aye I'll take that, its about time my royal blood got some recognition 😂

For about a month, a month previously I realised that any fruit I eat passes undigested and a year before that I noticed hairloss and the rest of the symptoms. They all seem to stem from a stupid high fibre diet kick I went on maybes 1yr and a half ago, constipation for around 4 days and for the next few months following that initial bout, I would have to take several laxatives per meal to get anything to move. That was when i discovered thyroid and my bowel movents began to normalise somewhat.
Kratom has been on and off for about 2 months.
Me too, breakfast is sussed out and is gonna be lush! Risotto with gelatin to thicken and parm on top🤌

Absolutely, salt is something I tend to use liberally and i love incidentally salty foods like seafood.
I used to drink much more water but I tried on a whim to not drink with meals, especially at work where we're short on time, then bending, lifting, twisting. It just brings the food and water back up! But I still get gerd with coffee some how, that's my main problem with gerd.

I'm thinking about giving tocovit and progestene a go for the anti inflammatory, anti estrogen effects because when the arthritic inflammatory pain flares i get terrible vertigo, feels like me heads full of water!

GTW

Exposure to toxic chemicals and pesticides is common in agriculture. Endocrine disruptive.
Adverse effects of glyphosate said to be mediated by GI dysfunction.
Various brassica extracts may be helpful.

OP
S

Saibotronian

Exposure to toxic chemicals and pesticides is common in agriculture. Endocrine disruptive.
Adverse effects of glyphosate said to be mediated by GI dysfunction.
Various brassica extracts may be helpful.
I don't work on the arrable side, I work with livestock(pigs) so don't really come into contact with glyphosates but I do physically handle dried straw for bedding.

GTW

I use glyphosate as a single example.
Grain/feed grown with glyphosate will be contaminated. Current practice is to spray non GMO crops with glyphosate to kill them pre-harvest. There are many other pesticides used generally. And Roundup is more than glyphosate; other additional toxins are in the formula.
Plus, Vietnam veterans who were not in areas sprayed with Agent Orange are also diagnosed with related pathologies.

GTW

I read that some straw sprayed with particular pesticide is toxic to garden plants.

GTW

In many poultry and pig operations workers basically wear Hazmat suits for biocontamination reasons. That would offer protection against other chemical toxins.

Regina

Hello from rain soaked England! I'm Gabs or Saibotronian, totally new to posting on forums and human communications in general really.

I'll start with some background. I joined up because me and my mother both have very similar health issues. GERD, cold hands and feet, insomnia, hypnic jerks, constipation, hairloss, anemia, RA(I do use Kratom to control pain), and an intolerance to all fruit which causes mucus in stool(this started month ago for me).

All this points to IBD causing a cascade of all sorts of other symptoms including low thyroid and the rest of it! The trouble is where to start.

We've eliminated alcohol, and PUFA for 1 year now but she is less supplement keen than me.

Rhubarb.
Gelatin.
Boswellic acid.

Parmigiano cheese
Skimmed milk
Potato breads
Oat bran
White potatoes
White rice
Ox cheek
Chicken
Eggs
Honey
Syrup
Treacle
Steak
Irish stew
Coca powder

I don't have access to my most recent bloods and won't for a week or so but I can say my TSH, done separately has been reduced substantially.

Again I'm new to this whole thing but sincerely, thank you reading and commenting!
Have you run a course of antibiotics?
doxycycline, minocycline or penicillan?

Peatress

If tolerated try adding oysters and prawns for trace minerals, zinc and selenium. There have been some good threads on Taurine lately – it might help inflammation.

Taking that much t3 will increase your need for magnesium.

Thiamine and magnesium was recommended to mostlylurking for healing her gut by Dr Peat.

OP
S

Saibotronian

If tolerated try adding oysters and prawns for trace minerals, zinc and selenium. There have been some good threads on Taurine lately – it might help inflammation.

Taking that much t3 will increase your need for magnesium.

Thiamine and magnesium was recommended to mostlylurking for healing her gut by Dr Peat.
Thank you I had honestly forgotten all about magnesium Peatress! I shall try some magnesium citrate maybe 300mg twice per day and see where I get.

OP
S

Saibotronian

In many poultry and pig operations workers basically wear Hazmat suits for biocontamination reasons. That would offer protection against other chemical toxins.
I've just purchased a army issue gas mask, no word of a lie, for burning the tags for our stock. Each tag needs to be branded individually and so my lungs are exposed to this smoke for 2 hours every week.

OP
S

Saibotronian

Also I'd appreciate any Imput as to the questions of why I seem to react terribly to fruit now. I used to eat all kinds of fruit by the kilo daily; peaches, oranges, strawberries, grapes, etc
Now if I have any kind of fruit, raw or cooked, fresh or tinned, (TMI incomming) it comes out as its been chewed in mucousy diarrhea.
It's a real kick in the teeth as fruit and especially tinned peaches were a huge part of my diet!

GTW

Mg citrate might increase the laxative effects more than glycinate and taurinate.
Do canned fruits have as much added sugar/syrup there as here?

OP
S

Saibotronian

Mg citrate might increase the laxative effects more than glycinate and taurinate.
Do canned fruits have as much added sugar/syrup there as here
I alternate between loose stools and constipation so mg citrate will be welcome for those times. I can say with certainty that all fruit causes loose motions and mucous leakage. The tinned fruit comes in water or Syrup, I wash the Syrup off.
Have any of you folk experienced such a thing, it almost feels like an allergy, my body just rejects the fruit and tries to get it out as quickly as possible, and as stated, it's any type.

Peatress

dukesbobby777

Rhubarb.
Gelatin.
Boswellic acid.

Parmigiano cheese
Skimmed milk
Potato breads
Oat bran
White potatoes
White rice
Ox cheek
Chicken
Eggs
Honey
Syrup
Treacle
Steak
Irish stew
Coca powder

How do you get hold of kratom if you're in the UK? It's been on our banned list now of 'psychoactive substances' for quite a few years now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom